Page 101 of 179 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 3573
    Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post
    I was thinking more along the lines of divulging information from a "pay site". But if that type of info was out there it would seem that more folks would be talking about it... so who knows. Recruiting news is almost like the tabloids in the grocery store checkout line... hard to tell what is fact and what is fiction.
    Watzone tweeted that the MM violent gerbil talk is unfounded. So looks like he was stealing some info and also making stuff up, or at least rumor mongering.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    Watzone tweeted that the MM violent gerbil talk is unfounded. So looks like he was stealing some info and also making stuff up, or at least rumor mongering.
    Is it bad form to express outloud that I WANT him to be right? Credibility and facts aside..

... Recruiting news is almost like the tabloids in the grocery store checkout line... hard to tell what is fact and what is fiction.
    I saw that Calipari has offered LiLo, but I don't understand why Pitino is trying to get Kate Gosselin to attend a private "minute madness" at a local restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by wilko View Post
    Is it bad form to express outloud that I WANT him to be right? Credibility and facts aside..
    not sure, but I'm with ya. I really like MM and think he's an important recruit for us.

Hmmmm... about the only "legal" issue I could imagine would involve "protected or proprietary" information... I guess I will file this under "Things that make you say Hmmmm...." file.
    Could also be the use of "Duke" in the feed. It's a trademark: Gotta pay the piper.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    not sure, but I'm with ya. I really like MM and think he's an important recruit for us.
    Perhaps I was vague.
    The dude who was spouting silliness... Is it so wrong to HOPE he was right and that MM is Duke bound?
    I too think MM is a great get and wish he announced for Duke yesterday...

Quote Originally Posted by wilko View Post
    Perhaps I was vague.
    The dude who was spouting silliness... Is it so wrong to HOPE he was right and that MM is Duke bound?
    I too think MM is a great get and wish he announced for Duke yesterday...

Some Michigan Twitter-ers indicating he said today that he will announce in 1 month. Perhaps his halloweeen costume will be a Duke uniform?

Quote Originally Posted by dukedoc View Post
    Some Michigan Twitter-ers indicating he said today that he will announce in 1 month. Perhaps his halloweeen costume will be a Duke uniform?
    Certainly would be far better than a pumpkin, banana or magician's outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by dukedoc View Post
    They are fired up in Ann Arbor about McGary. They really think they have him, though I haven't seen any national analyst saying so. Clearly they are in the mix.

There were Violent Gerbil posts on multiple UM related sites after his visit a few weeks back, though that cooled until today when their homer recruiting ananalyst said there will be an announcement of some sort next week.

Michigan's clearly in it, and they are the closest to home. Not sure how much that matters, but the McGarys have been very close to the vest all along.

dukemsu

McGary still considering Maryland too.

All signs say big man Joel James, 6'10 280lbs, #1 player in Florida, is a "heavy" favorite to UNC.
    Expected to announce on his official visit Oct. 8.

Edit: speculation reminder...it's never a done deal in recruiting until the announcement is made.
    Last edited by Wheat/"/"/"; 09-30-2011 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    ...it's never a done deal in recruiting until the announcement is made.
    Unless Calimari and UK are recruiting the kid... then it is never a done deal.

5* PG Rodney Purvis just announced for the Wolfpack.
    Nice pick up for them.

Arnaud Adala Moto, a 4* 6'6" wing committed to Wake today.
    Rivals #22 SF also considered Florida, Miami, UCLA, Vandy, and Va. Tech.

Great news for State and Wake. Hopefully the ACC will continue to bring in this kind of talent, especially the NC schools.

A little more from FiveStarBasketball.com on Wake's solid `12 class, including another video of Moto.

My boy, who is an IC premium guy and acutally went to see McGary play live last year, said MM's team played a road game and MM was sitting in the back of the bus on his back with his legs in the air acting like he was pedaling a bike. they asked him what he was doing and he said he was bored.

Sounds like the dude wakes up like he has already had his coffee. The more I hear about him the more I want that kind of energy playing for K. I think they are a match made in heaven K and MM.

Any updates on MM?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    McGary still considering Maryland too.

All signs say big man Joel James, 6'10 280lbs, #1 player in Florida, is a "heavy" favorite to UNC.
    Expected to announce on his official visit Oct. 8.

Edit: speculation reminder...it's never a done deal in recruiting until the announcement is made.
    This has happened, apparently. Ranked 61st overall by Rivals, but I'd assume we can reasonably expect that to improve.

According to Clint Jackson's twitter, Joel James committed to UNC. No surprise there, they were the supposes front runner. (Sorry no link, on cell phone)

Quote Originally Posted by OnToTheNextOne View Post
    According to Clint Jackson's twitter, Joel James committed to UNC. No surprise there, they were the supposes front runner. (Sorry no link, on cell phone)
    Great! Looking forward to seeing him matched up against Tony Parker playing at Duke... Actually they seem to be similar style players (though TP much higher ranked at present). Does this have implications for Duke vis-a-vis McG and Tony Parker, as both were once targets of both schools? Obviously NC@CH still involved with McG.

I have read that McGary wanted to play the 4, so Joel James playing the 5 is a sign to McGary that he will not have to play the 5.