Page 11 of 179 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    One thing is for sure, both UNC and Duke are recruiting at an extremely high level. This is good for the ACC and great for the rivalry.

Quote Originally Posted by kong123 View Post
    One thing is for sure, both UNC and Duke are recruiting at an extremely high level. This is good for the ACC and great for the rivalry.
    I agree it is good for the rivalry but I would really like to see a third ACC team put together a team with a legitimate chance to compete for the ACC and NCAA Championship. That would be good for the ACC. My first two choices would be State and Wake.
    Bob Green

I think Maryland and Virginia will be the teams. Virginia seems to have a really good coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Class of '94 View Post
    Thanks Airowe...Does this mean Duke has cooled on Tokoto? Murphy mentioned in the article you cited that Coach K wanted him and Shabazz badly. Are those two are main priorities for the 2012 class?
    At this point, yes. I think L.J Rose will enter the picture more and more here because there is mutual intrest between both sides and most likely Duke will be looking for a point guard in 2012 with Kyrie most likely bolting... So keep your eye out for that in the near future.

As for Tokoto, ehh... I wouldn't say cooled, but there certainly not making the same effort they are with Murphy and Muhammad, that's for sure. I think we have slowed down for now with clearly Muhammad and Murphy being our main targets, but if it true the report that UNC is not happy with Tokoto performances, I think it is not as clear cut as it was, and he even said it was. So if we lock up Muhammad, Murphy or both, I expect a guy like Tokoto or Rose to be next in line.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiagledknarf View Post
    At this point, yes. I think L.J Rose will enter the picture more and more here because there is mutual intrest between both sides and most likely Duke will be looking for a point guard in 2012 with Kyrie most likely bolting... So keep your eye out for that in the near future.

As for Tokoto, ehh... I wouldn't say cooled, but there certainly not making the same effort they are with Murphy and Muhammad, that's for sure. I think we have slowed down for now with clearly Muhammad and Murphy being our main targets, but if it true the report that UNC is not happy with Tokoto performances, I think it is not as clear cut as it was, and he even said it was. So if we lock up Muhammad, Murphy or both, I expect a guy like Tokoto or Rose to be next in line.
    you sound like an insider, are you sure you will have enough scholarships to offer?

He is not an insider. tokoto's recent performances are leading many to believe that the kid is not quite ELITE as one thought.
    Lets put it this way-he may have played himself out of offer of both UNC AND Duke...

Quote Originally Posted by Cockabeau View Post
    He is not an insider. tokoto's recent performances are leading many to believe that the kid is not quite ELITE as one thought.
    Lets put it this way-he may have played himself out of offer of both UNC AND Duke...
    Tokoto got an offer from Duke a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by kong123 View Post
    you sound like an insider, are you sure you will have enough scholarships to offer?
    No I am not but thanks for the compliment. Yes they will. There is no limit on how many Scholarships you can offer in a given year, there is only a limit on how many players you can have a selective team. So Coach K could offered 30 recruits if he want to...If the offeree accepts, and one of the players who was expected to use that scholarship does not vacate the slot by transferring, or dropping out, or flunking out, or going pro, then the program will be obligated to make space for that player by not renewing the scholarship of one of the returning players.

As of right now on the roster here is who would be here in 2012:

Kyrie Irving
    Seth Curry
    Andre Dawkins
    Joshua Hairston
    Mason Plumlee
    Miles Plumlee
    Tyler Adams
    Michael Gbinje
    Tyler Thronton

Some of these players will undoubtedly declare early for the draft or transfer.

So this won't be much an issue.

I see us having 3 or 4 scholarships to throw around in 2012. Not to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeBlueNV View Post
    Tokoto got an offer from Duke a while back.
    Link?

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Link?
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=jp+tokoto+duke

It's on Scout, Rivals, etc.

Link?
    uggghh really thought that was common knowledge... hold on...

edit- http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75...=1&nid=4319001 (scroll to bottom)

it happend at last years duke's bball camp

I think K will say thanks but no thanks because JP's scholly is going g\to Alex Murphy and Shabazz

Scout says Tokoto has a Duke offer and Shabazz Muhammad is listed as not having a Duke offer. Which one is Duke going after?

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor

This one is actually true. I believe it was Watzone that posted on here last year that Tokoto and Marshall Plumlee both got offers the same day right after the camp at Duke.

The unc crowd was screaming that K had violated "the rule" that supposedly exists, but as Airowe mentioned, no one but ol roy seems to acknowledge about not offering kids prior to June 15th of the summer prior to their Jr year in High School. Funny how promising them an offer on the 15th is somehow different than officially offering them. Head scratcher that one is!

I think K will say thanks but no thanks because JP's scholly is going g\to Alex Murphy and Shabazz
    You don't offer a scholarship and then when someone accepts say, "thanks but no thanks." Especially not K.

I must have missed the news that those two guys committed.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiagledknarf View Post
    No I am not but thanks for the compliment. Yes they will. There is no limit on how many Scholarships you can offer in a given year, there is only a limit on how many players you can have a selective team. So Coach K could offered 30 recruits if he want to...If the offeree accepts, and one of the players who was expected to use that scholarship does not vacate the slot by transferring, or dropping out, or flunking out, or going pro, then the program will be obligated to make space for that player by not renewing the scholarship of one of the returning players.

As of right now on the roster here is who would be here in 2012:

Kyrie Irving
    Seth Curry
    Andre Dawkins
    Joshua Hairston
    Mason Plumlee
    Miles Plumlee
    Tyler Adams
    Michael Gbinje
    Tyler Thronton

Some of these players will undoubtedly declare early for the draft or transfer.

So this won't be much an issue.

I see us having 3 or 4 scholarships to throw around in 2012. Not to worry.
    it was completely a joke, remember last week when you couldn't get the scholarship issue straight? I know you get your information the same way most of us do, we read it somewhere else.

Scout says Tokoto has a Duke offer and Shabazz Muhammad is listed as not having a Duke offer. Which one is Duke going after?
    I'm not an insider I just follow recruiting as close as possible without spending $100 to join a premium website and I dont have any ties to the program so I couldnt tell you exactly what the staff is thinking. I assume the program will take whoever pulls the trigger first... Shabazz has an offer as well, I assume Scout just hasnt updated yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pappa View Post
    You don't offer a scholarship and then when someone accepts say, "thanks but no thanks." Especially not K.
    You do when a kid accepts one early like AM will...

You do when a kid accepts one early like AM will...
    dude come on... you cant just say things like that without anything to back it up... you seem to do a lot of that. And I'll tell you what... people around here dont take too kindly to someone who just talks out of their a$%.