Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cockabeau View Post
    If you don't believe me then take a look at the Blue Devil Nation article. Pretty much proves my point.tyhaveaniceday
    I can't read the article, as I'm not a premium member, but I'm skeptical as to how strongly it can prove your point. The article is from a Duke-centric site, so any focus on the Blue Devils might come from the interviewer and not necessarily from the player. Keep in mind that a less partial reporter might ask more questions about other schools (that the recruit might also think highly of), giving a very different picture. Again, I haven't read it so I can't say for sure, but that's just my suspicion.

More importantly, however, nothing is ever proven in recruiting, at least not until the player commits. (And even then, who knows?) Even if a player speaks glowingly about a particular school in an interview, you never know if or when his mind will change. All we can do is try and sift through the swirling rumors and churn out every possible interpretation of every sentence the recruit utters until he finally finds his way to a campus somewhere for his freshman year. I know this may seem obvious (it is, after all, essentially the first postulate of recruiting), but the casual confidence of your post seems to disregard it.
    Last edited by Jderf; 05-30-2010 at 02:51 PM.