Quote Originally Posted by jjh1080 View Post
Kind of new to posting here but viewing for a while. Many of these posts are the same.

Because a guy is top 2 or 3 for his position people think he should be an automatic recruit. My question is don't you think a team, like Duke, should recruit a guy that fits Duke? I mean Wall was a top notch guy but do you really think he would have fit the Duke style?

Duke won the championship this year because they played "team" basketball but no way does Wall appear to be a "team" player. I know that many teams were after him but it seems like Duke gave up on him because they sensed something a midst with him.

Yet many posters here think because a guy is a top rated guy Duke should purse them. In all honesty, many posters appear to not have any confidence in the coaching staff in making the right recruiting decision. Do you all think you know more than the coaching staff when it comes to recruiting? Have you guys actually talked with the recruits to find out what they are thinking?

Case in point, would Duke have been better off recruiting Love over Singler? Towards the end Duke gave up on Love and went after Singler, I think they saw somethings we fans didn't.
Much like we will be doing with Irving, Duke would have fit Wall's playing style (up-tempo offense)...Duke fits their playing style to the players they have, not the other way around.

Please don't make accusations of Wall not being a "team player" when, in all likelihood, you haven't seen enough of the kid play to evaluate that part of his game. Wall is a great player, and while things worked out without him, we certainly would have welcomed him with open arms.