Page 2 of 179 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Welcome2DaSlopes View Post
    haha he crushed our team, so bad we vowed to never speak of the score again.
    Lol you were still on the court with the guy, props for that. I played high school football against Dez Bryant and in a Texas HS All-Star game with Earl Thomas.

Totally unrelated but I wanted my 15 minutes.

I noticed that BDN posted a recent interview with D'vauntes Smith-Rivera, 6-4 220 lb. shooting guard from 2012 class; does this mean we may be interested in him? Possibly begin evaluating him and potentially recruiting him or was just a random interview? Anybody got any insight?

Quote Originally Posted by OnToTheNextOne View Post
    I noticed that BDN posted a recent interview with D'vauntes Smith-Rivera, 6-4 220 lb. shooting guard from 2012 class; does this mean we may be interested in him? Possibly begin evaluating him and potentially recruiting him or was just a random interview? Anybody got any insight?
    He's just finishing his sophomore year of high school, and he weighs 220 pounds? And he's a guard? (And not a football guard?) Wow.

Mark and crew don't typically interview random kids, so I'm sure there is some interest either from Smith-Rivera's camp, from Duke's or from both. The list of 201e prospects is long right now and will more likely grow than shrink.

Shabazz Muhammad
    Alex Murphy
    Justin Anderson
    Amile Jefferson
    Tyler Lewis
    TJ Warren
    LJ Rose

And some others are all being recruited by Duke in one way, shape, or form.

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    Mark and crew don't typically interview random kids, so I'm sure there is some interest either from Smith-Rivera's camp, from Duke's or from both. The list of 201e prospects is long right now and will more likely grow than shrink.

Shabazz Muhammad
    Alex Murphy
    Justin Anderson
    Amile Jefferson
    Tyler Lewis
    TJ Warren
    LJ Rose

And some others are all being recruited by Duke in one way, shape, or form.
    JP Tokoto isn't on the list anymore? Haven't we already offered him a scholarship?

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    JP Tokoto isn't on the list anymore? Haven't we already offered him a scholarship?
    I realized I had left him off right after I hit post. Duke is still recruiting JP, but there is a strong feeling that he is waiting on a unc offer to come in June and will jump on the chance to play in Chapel Hill.

Oh, well...

I realized I had left him off right after I hit post. Duke is still recruiting JP, but there is a strong feeling that he is waiting on a unc offer to come in June and will jump on the chance to play in Chapel Hill.
    It's a free country, but I guess the kid doesn't read the papers. Or watch Roy's interviews on TV, for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    It's a free country, but I guess the kid doesn't read the papers. Or watch Roy's interviews on TV, for that matter.
    Roy has been spending a lot of time in Wisconsin lately. He can be very persuasive as you can see in his recent recruiting results.

Regardless, the Class of 2012 is very well stacked with elite talent at the wing positions. The Duke staff has addressed this and is targeting almost all of the top 5, similar to how we approached the PG class of 2010.

Murphy, Muhammad, Tokoto, Jefferson, and Anderson have all been contacted heavily by the staff. We will get one of them.

I'd love to see the staff go after a NC kid, Montrezl Harrell. I believe someone on this board is familiar with his talent and either goes to his high school or lives in the area. He is flying under the radar at this time, but is starting to garner national interest.

New Shabazz Muhammad Video

For those who are interested, here is a new highlight video of Shabazz Muhammad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMIpgQjgQy4

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodElite View Post
    For those who are interested, here is a new highlight video of Shabazz Muhammad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMIpgQjgQy4
    Glad not to see a bunch of break dunks, but mid range jumpers do not always see much of those in these types of video's.

Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    I am hearing the same things, that Tokoto is a UNC fan. I'm more excited about Justin Anderson anyways. Those videos...

I'm excited about Justin Anderson as well. There's a lot more to basketball than jumping and dunking, but having that kinda athleticism is rarely seen. It seems to me that with some work on his shot, he could play some two guard as well and that would be scary. Can't wait for the 2012 class to fall in place; it's a stacked class, especially on the wing.

just curious but does anybody have any idea why we seemingly aren't recruiting Hanner Perea or Peter Jurkin. They go to high school in nearby Charlotte and both are rated in the top 25 in their class by ESPN. Jurkin seems really raw still but he's already 7'0" and Perea seems like a monster. Anybody know anything?

Here's a highlight video of Perea
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXhYPdU1CGk

Anderson vs Tokoto

Maybe it's sour grapes on my part; but I was turned off by Tokoto when he failed to make a trip to Cameron while he and his dad made the time to go to the Dean Dome to watch UNC play us. I know someone had mentioned that he had a game the night of the UNC game at Cameron and supposedly couldn't make it; but saying that, I think it's clear that Tokoto is a UNC lean despite issues that occured last year with Roy and UNC.

I've kind of moved on from Tokoto and I really like Justin Anderson's potential. Isn't Justin rated higher than Tokoto? If he works on his game, I think Justin will be the better player and potientially the best wing of his class although I hear Shabazz is really good.

just curious but does anybody have any idea why we seemingly aren't recruiting Hanner Perea or Peter Jurkin. They go to high school in nearby Charlotte and both are rated in the top 25 in their class by ESPN. Jurkin seems really raw still but he's already 7'0" and Perea seems like a monster. Anybody know anything?

Here's a highlight video of Perea
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXhYPdU1CGk
    Whew.

I thought you were going to post a video of Peter Jurkin.

A candidate for All-Name team.

Quote Originally Posted by Class of '94 View Post
    Maybe it's sour grapes on my part; but I was turned off by Tokoto when he failed to make a trip to Cameron while he and his dad made the time to go to the Dean Dome to watch UNC play us. I know someone had mentioned that he had a game the night of the UNC game at Cameron and supposedly couldn't make it; but saying that, I think it's clear that Tokoto is a UNC lean despite issues that occured last year with Roy and UNC.

I've kind of moved on from Tokoto and I really like Justin Anderson's potential. Isn't Justin rated higher than Tokoto? If he works on his game, I think Justin will be the better player and potientially the best wing of his class although I hear Shabazz is really good.
    Tokoto is ranked much higher than Anderson, as are many other '12 wings. Justin's athleticism is off the charts, but he lacks the basketball skills of many of his peers.

While I agree that Tokoto is a unc lean (strong one), Duke is targeting a number of wings in that class including Alex Murphy, Shabazz Muhammad, Savon Goodman, Anderson, and to some degree Amile Jefferson. It's still early, but Murphy will be on the Duke campus this Monday so you can deduce that he is a priority target.

Tokoto is ranked much higher than Anderson, as are many other '12 wings. Justin's athleticism is off the charts, but he lacks the basketball skills of many of his peers.

While I agree that Tokoto is a unc lean (strong one), Duke is targeting a number of wings in that class including Alex Murphy, Shabazz Muhammad, Savon Goodman, Anderson, and to some degree Amile Jefferson. It's still early, but Murphy will be on the Duke campus this Monday so you can deduce that he is a priority target.
    not on ESPN, where anderson is 9 and tokoto is 10

Give me a Gbinje/Anderson combo and I let Roy take Tokoto.
    I think K would be cool with that...

I totally agree with cockabeau here,I dont know much about Andersonson other than that he has great atleticism and he plays for Montrose.I really think Gbinije will suprise people he seems to fit perfectly with our style

Quote Originally Posted by rotogod00 View Post
    not on ESPN, where anderson is 9 and tokoto is 10
    Scout for basketball recruiting, Rivals for football recruiting, ESPN for gossip and highlights.