Page 124 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 3573
    We ordered the Mich weather (cold, rain, and overall nasty) so he could be reminded of home sweet home. Maybe we just need a famous big to recruit frontcourt players. Too logical to work? I know MJ never tries to help the heels recruit. Right?

TP is getting to see a heck of a football game. Wally Wade may not be able to match the intensity or crowds of The Big House, but we are putting on a pretty good show so far!

-Jason "I am sure TP is having a great time" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
    We ordered the Mich weather (cold, rain, and overall nasty) so he could be reminded of home sweet home. Maybe we just need a famous big to recruit frontcourt players. Too logical to work? I know MJ never tries to help the heels recruit. Right?
    Tony Parker is from Georgia.

Any TP sightings from this weekend? Any indicators of his "having a good time?" What's the scoop from y'all in the know???

tonyparker32 tony parker
    Had a great Time with my bros @NdotSmitty @KyrieIrving @QCook323 @tythornton3 @jhairston15 good lookin out!!!!

It couldn't hurt our chances when you have Nolan in TP's ear over the weekend. Hopefully Parker realizes that Duke had a great opportunity for him.
    The Terrapin Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedevil114 View Post
    tonyparker32 tony parker
    Had a great Time with my bros @NdotSmitty @KyrieIrving @QCook323 @tythornton3 @jhairston15 good lookin out!!!!

It couldn't hurt our chances when you have Nolan in TP's ear over the weekend. Hopefully Parker realizes that Duke had a great opportunity for him.
    That sounds like a very good group of players/ex-players to visit with from a "selling Duke basketball" perspective.

That sounds like a very good group of players/ex-players to visit with from a "selling Duke basketball" perspective.
    Not to mention before the game when Doc Rivers and Dell Curry called him over and were putting in a good word with him about Duke.

He got plenty of attention from the crazies during the game, too. Seems like a solid visit.

In addition to the above comments, he received at least two chants of "To-ny Par-ker come to Duke" and both he and his family were attended to very nicely by Coach Badass and all the parents of current players who shook their hands or patted their shoulders as they returned to their seats after being introduced at halftime.

The Parkers did not suffer from a lack of attention.

Short note on Shabazz Muhammad @ Five Star Basketball... says he will not sign until spring, according to his dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    Short note on Shabazz Muhammad @ Five Star Basketball... says he will not sign until spring, according to his dad.
    No surprise there. He's been saying all along that he would most likely wait to sign in the spring; and As said before by other posters, that's probably a wise move on this part. It will give him a chance to see how the schools he's looking at perform this season as well as see who potentially might declare early for the NBA draft.

This may a nuance, but I think an important one. What was said was "his father has stated that a decision won’t come until the spring. " Many kids make a decision early on but don't sign until spring, just to ensure coaches are still there at that time, etc. So, sounds like the recruitment of 'bazz will be continuing for another 5-6 months. Hmmm. Given our visibility during the season, and the relative lack of it for some of his other suiters, I'd think that news might be considered a little oisitive fir Duke. Hard to get a read on his leanings anyway.

Rosco Allen popped for Johnny Dawkins at Stanford this AM.

Former UNC target is a 6'9" versatile Kyle Singler type player.

Dawkins building a nice team and doing work at Stanford.

So from what I understand just browsing through this thread...We should have a decision from Tony Parker soon based on his quote from a week ago saying he would decide shortly after his visit to Duke. And I believe Mitch is supposed to decide Tuesday or Wednesday? Can anyone confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    Certainly there are very few sure things in the unpredictable world of recruiting but KY striking out in any area recruiting would be nice. They have been on a ridiculous recruiting roll since Cal arrived but 2012 is starting to look a little like an uphill battle.

All good things must come to an end:

ESPNU 100 center Willie Cauley (Spearville, Kans./Olathe Northwest H.S.) ended his recruitment early Monday when he verbally committed to Kentucky.

He's the #4 center; #32 overall (one spot behind Parker for those interested)

and Shabazz' teammate at Bishop Gorman

I was in SF for the last 4 years and count several Stanford alumni, including a few close to the athletic program, as friends. The Cardinal faithful are cautiously optimistic about this season and the future. Coach D hasn't fully delivered yet and I know they are expecting a solid or even good run this year. They were up and down last year after starting the season with decent hopes. The season wasn't terrible but finishing 15-16 wasn't in line with expectations, particularly in a league that finished 7th in conference RPI.

Coach D needs at least an NIT bid this year, or we may start to hear the word hot-seat thrown around. An NCAA tourney bid is not out of reach, though I think it'll be tough. A good conference showing is a must as well, as the Pac-12 is decent but not great this year.

He's brought in some nice pieces over the last couple years, and continues to do so for next year, so let's hope this is the start of a good run for the Cardinal.

-

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    I was in SF for the last 4 years and count several Stanford alumni, including a few close to the athletic program, as friends. The Cardinal faithful are cautiously optimistic about this season and the future. Coach D hasn't fully delivered yet and I know they are expecting a solid or even good run this year."

It should also be noted that SilkyJ has a picture of himself shaking Mr. Dawkins hand. Do you think Mr. Dawkins may start at point guard this year too?
    Last edited by JasonEvans; 10-31-2011 at 12:12 PM. Reason: fixed quote tags

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    I was in SF for the last 4 years and count several Stanford alumni, including a few close to the athletic program, as friends. The Cardinal faithful are cautiously optimistic about this season and the future. Coach D hasn't fully delivered yet and I know they are expecting a solid or even good run this year. They were up and down last year after starting the season with decent hopes. The season wasn't terrible but finishing 15-16 wasn't in line with expectations, particularly in a league that finished 7th in conference RPI.

Coach D needs at least an NIT bid this year, or we may start to hear the word hot-seat thrown around. An NCAA tourney bid is not out of reach, though I think it'll be tough. A good conference showing is a must as well, as the Pac-12 is decent but not great this year.

He's brought in some nice pieces over the last couple years, and continues to do so for next year, so let's hope this is the start of a good run for the Cardinal.
    I saw where Dawkins had gotten 5 top 100 commitments in the past couple of seasons. I'd have to think that is pretty good with the academic requirements Stanford demands. He just needs some time to build a team, get the right pieces, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by screenname View Post
    It should also be noted that SilkyJ has a picture of himself shaking Mr. Dawkins hand. Do you think Mr. Dawkins may start at point guard this year too?
    That was at 2am in the team hotel in Indy the Sunday before we won the National Title. Randomly ran into him, can't say I actually know him.

Don't understand the joke/question about him starting. Can you clarify?