Hi,

In the "anonymous" notes section of Feinstein apology referenced on the front page there was a note that I want to make sure people in America know isn't true, but I don't know how to do that. Ideas? The contention was that the basketball players get to work towards the "Sociology" major without having to take classes with regular Duke students. For the record, I had some athletes in classes I took at Duke 20 plus years ago. This person believes that since the sociology major is an "athletes" major it makes Duke the dirtiest program in the nation.

Perhaps this belongs as part of the "hatred" tsunami, but there are so many threads in there it becomes unwieldy to read. Where/When did people start getting the idea that Duke had special majors for student-athletes that were not the same as that for a "regular" student? Where did people get the idea, an idea Coach K dispelled at the Final Four, that student-athletes live in athletic dorms at Duke? Was there an article or was this some sort of fictitious fabrication by the anonymous poster on Feinstein's blog?

GO DUKE!