What do you think of the new Nike Tiger Woods TV Ad?

I found this ad really shocking and won't be surprised if Nike pulls it...fast!

Beyond tacky- and disrespectful of Tiger's dad, whose memory should not be used to raise stock for Tiger's endorsement deals, IMO.

Funny parody:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Hf1WALHmNk

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Mom View Post
    I found this ad really shocking and won't be surprised if Nike pulls it...fast!

Beyond tacky- and disrespectful of Tiger's dad, whose memory should not be used to raise stock for Tiger's endorsement deals, IMO.

Funny parody:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Hf1WALHmNk
    Actually, the question should have been, "Which is the tackiest and most disrespectful, the Nike ad, or the linked Youtube bit?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    Actually, the question should have been, "Which is the tackiest and most disrespectful, the Nike ad, or the linked Youtube bit?"

Fair question.

Answer: The Nike Ad

It was creepy to me.

I thought the Nike ad was creepy, and the Jimmy Kimmel bit was funny without being overly disrespectful

also agree it was creepy (and tone deaf)

I was astonished to hear some "talking heads" on TV last night say this was brilliant advertising.

Felt like I needed a shower after watching it.

It was pure Tiger. Sleezy and 100% marketing. His team is trying to figure out how to once again use the media to shove a false image down our throats to line their pockets. I think and hope they missed their mark with this disrespectful, shameful ad.

Am I the only person here that does not get caught up in the hype and celebrity of athletes but is only impressed with accomplishment? I truly don't care what these guys do off the court, course or field. If they break the law, punish them. If they are disruptive to the team, fire them. If they are sleazy in private, that is their business so long as they don't break any laws.

Family issues are for family solutions. Business issues are for the business to resolve. Legal issues are for courts. My admiration is for the sporting accomplishments of the individual. Tiger is the best golfer, ever. The rest is fluff.

I think it will get people to talk more about Tiger Woods and Nike. Which we all can agree don't get enough exposure as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    I think it will get people to talk more about Tiger Woods and Nike. Which we all can agree don't get enough exposure as it is.
    Can't think of a commercial in the past two years that has produced more chatter in such a short amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    Can't think of a commercial in the past two years that has produced more chatter in such a short amount of time.
    Tebow.

Quote Originally Posted by YourLandlord View Post
    Tebow.
    True, that one was very controversial.

But, as much as I didn't agree with the Tebow commercial, I could understand the motivation for doing it. The Nike ad made my skin crawl. While I wish Tiger well in his professional and, more importantly, personal life, there's just something about a guy who cheats, says I'm sorry, and tries to sell stuff while he's apologizing (exploiting his deceased father in the process).

Just ain't right...

Thought it was sad. Pitiful to con everybody into thinking it was some kind of
    self-flagellation.

Ah, advertising...

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke Mom View Post
    True, that one was very controversial.

But, as much as I didn't agree with the Tebow commercial, I could understand the motivation for doing it. The Nike ad made my skin crawl. While I wish Tiger well in his professional and, more importantly, personal life, there's just something about a guy who cheats, says I'm sorry, and tries to sell stuff while he's apologizing (exploiting his deceased father in the process).

Just ain't right...
    It's odd how things unfold sometimes. I am a Mickelson fan, but I have never been a Tiger hater. I have pulled for him depending on who was in the running against him at various times and have always respected how good he is. On the other hand, I have never liked Lee Westwood. Always thought he was cocky and brass.

Well after today I came away with a new found respect for Westwood based on his reaction to Phil, how he also went to Amy and hugged her, and Lee showed me a side that I did not realize was there. I think I misread him.

On the other hand, after watching Tiger in his post-round interview and I came away with a new found disrespect for him. Given everything that he has done, his attitude in that interview was horrible. Especially the comment about everyone "making too much of this whole thing", referring to his temper tantrums. Tiger said he would show a new respect for the game. From what we saw this weekend, I am not sure he has learned much from any of this mess. He seems to still feel "entitled". Kind of sad.

Quote Originally Posted by YourLandlord View Post
    Tebow.
    I dunno. The concept of the commercial certainly led to a great deal of discussion, but the commercial itself didn't seem to.

Either way, good point.

Looks like I'm in the minority here, but I liked the commerical. It was impactful and such fatherly advice from Earl Woods, were he still around, may have helped Tiger.

Have to admit Tiger's post-Masters interview and some of his cussing and angry reactions during the rounds were not what we hoped for the "new Tiger." Nevertheless, it's a work in progress and IMO the commerical was a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Have to admit Tiger's post-Masters interview and some of his cussing and angry reactions during the rounds were not what we hoped for the "new Tiger."
    Watching Eldrick nothing had changed about his on-course behavior. Except he was missing more putts.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Looks like I'm in the minority here, but I liked the commerical. It was impactful and such fatherly advice from Earl Woods, were he still around, may have helped Tiger.
    But he is not still around, and that is what I thought made it weird. It reminded me of Natilie Cole winning a Grammy for singing a duet with her dead father. It seems there are some thngs you just shouldn't do.