Anyone heading to HOF induction in Cooperstown?

I noticed there are a lot of Oriole fans on the board. Any of you O's fans heading to Cooperstown for Cal Ripken's induction?

i am from aberdeen maryland and went to high school with cals brother billy. there is many of us going up for the weekend.we are meeting at ironbirds stadium and riding up on our bikes.

My dad and I are going...have been talking about it since I was, oh, eight years old. Just one of those things you gotta do! I grew up outside of B-more and Cal has always been my hero. Even though I moved to Oregon last summer, I'm making the trek back for this one.

Anyone who's gone in the past have any suggestions? We're staying in Albany for the weekend -- got on the hotel thing a little late, and dad's got some friends up there from college. I know that driving in on Sunday for the ceremony will be a nightmare -- we're planning to leave early and be patient...and pray for the best.

Going too!

I've been a Cal fan since 1981 - MLB was on strike and the Baltimore radio station that aired the O's games started airing the Rochester Red Wing games. As Cal was a local boy I started rooting for him.

Like Duke98 I've been talking about this for years too. My dad and I are heading up, but are staying in PA - about an hour from Cooperstown.

Hopefully we'll run into some Dukies, but suspect we'll see a sea of orange.