Okay, the matchups aren't always logical, but it's still interesting to look ahead to next year's possibilities. Duke has played on the road for two straight seasons, so should be due for a home game this year.

I think there are three possibilities -- Michigan State, Purdue and Ohio State are all going to be preseason top 10 teams. I've seen both Michigan State and Purdue picked in various No. 1 preseason polls.

Personally, I think Purdue at Duke would be the logical matchup. Purdue has been home the last two years in the Challenge, including a 2008 (that's December of 2008 in the 2008/09 season) game with Duke in West Lafayette. They owe Duke a return trip.

That would be an awesome matchup. I assume Robbie Hummel will come back after his ACL. They lose Kramer, who took his place in the lineup, but every other starter is back. Would be great to refer back to the tough Sweet 16 game in Houston.

But I also heard (just gossip, don't take it as gospel) that Ohio State is the most likely team to come to Durham. I don't understand (although they are due a road game, MSU is due a home game). OSU returns four starters from last year's team, but loses their stud, assuming that Evan Turner stays in the draft. Still, Thad Motta will have a senior-dominated team and will add two absolute studs in the freshman class in Jared Sullinger (the best post player in the class) and Deshaun Thomas.

Still, if I were doing matchups, the ones I'd like to sell to TV (keeping in mind which teams are due road games, which should get home games):

1. Purdue at Duke
2. UNC at Indiana (two historically great programs, each trying to regain their status among the elite)
3. Ohio State at FSU
4. ??? at Michigan State (Virginia Tech, next in the ACC pecking order, is due a home game; NC State is due to go on the road, but are they good enough preseason to sell this game)
After that, you can shuffle them anyway you want

Also, hearing Duke is talking to Butler about a two-game series -- one game in Cameron and the other in Canseco (although I'd love a game in Hinkle).

There was supposed to be a series with Louisville -- maybe Duke as the opponent for the first game in their new arena. Heard there might be a snag there.

And does anybody else know about the Georgetown and St. John's series? Not sure, but possible that one or both is coming to an end.