Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Masters 2010

Masters 2010

At 1:43 Eastern, sitting at -4 through 16, Tom Watson leads the Masters all by his lonesome. Nice start to the weekend.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    At 1:43 Eastern, sitting at -4 through 16, Tom Watson leads the Masters all by his lonesome. Nice start to the weekend.
    Watson just birdied 18 to finish with a first round 67 (-5). Wow.

And Tiger had a tap in par on 1, just missing a makable birdie putt.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Please tell me Watson isn't going to do this again.

On second thought, please tell me he is.

Let's go TIGER!!!!!

Course is playing easy. 4 guys in the clubhouse at -5 including Westwood, Mickelson, and Watson. Tiger just eagled 8 to get to 2-under through 8.

Mickelson, Watson, and Tiger high up on the leaderboard... if that holds through the weekend the ratings will be monstrous!

--Jason "I wonder if they will put the pins in a really tough place tomorrow to make up for today's low scores" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

low scoring

It's all a conspiracy to give Tiger the easiest path to the championship. Have you guys learned nothing from the past few weeks?!

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Please tell me Watson isn't going to do this again.

On second thought, please tell me he is.
    And Fred Couples is -5 through 16. Anyone else up for a Watson/Couples pairing on the final day with both in contention? Because I am.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

I wonder if they will put the pins in a really tough place tomorrow to make up for today's low scores
    Don't know if it's the pin placements, but the low scores don't seem to be quite as prevalent today. Only a small handful of players are under par on the day so far, with nobody better than -2, though obviously most are still on the course and a few haven't even started their rounds yet. Poor Sandy Lyle shot a respectable -3 (69) yesterday, then followed it up with a +14 (86) today.

Couples is still at -6 (even through 12 on the day), tied for the lead with Ian Poulter and Ricky Barnes (both -2 on the day through 10 and 9, respectively). Watson is still a stroke back at -5, even on the day through 4. Woods is two strokes back at -4, even on the day through 10.

Here's a link to the scoreboard.
    http://www.majorschampionships.com/m.../2010/scoring/

Click on a player's name and it shows you his scorecard.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    --Jason "I wonder if they will put the pins in a really tough place tomorrow to make up for today's low scores" Evans
    The Saturday and Sunday pins stay the same year to year. Thursday and Friday change only once in a while, and it's a pretty big deal when it happens -- you hear comments such as "Whoa, I've never seen the pin there on 7 before, what are they thinking."

Just for fun, let's rattle off the Sunday back nine pin placements. I'll start. 10: Middle/back sort of to the left. Continue...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom B. View Post
    Don't know if it's the pin placements, but the low scores don't seem to be quite as prevalent today. Only a small handful of players are under par on the day so far, with nobody better than -2, though obviously most are still on the course and a few haven't even started their rounds yet. Poor Sandy Lyle shot a respectable -3 (69) yesterday, then followed it up with a +14 (86) today.
    Don't tell that to Lee Westwood - following a 67 with a -5 through 13. Impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Don't tell that to Lee Westwood - following a 67 with a -5 through 13. Impressive.
    Westwood is having a crazy round -- 6 birdies, 1 eagle, 2 bogeys, and 1 double-bogey. He's only pared 7 holes. That is one wildly inconsistent round.

--Jason "he's also going to be in the last pair on Saturday... a big deal" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

11: Back left, behind the water.

Man I hope Ian Poulter fades soon. If he wins all he'll talk about is how he has elevated his game to that of Tiger's. This guy has been all talk... Lets see if he can back it up for once.

12: Center/back right. Oh, forget it.

The only thing better than watching Tiger Woods miss the cut (2009 British) is watching him three-putt from six feet. Never thought I'd see it.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    The only thing better than watching Tiger Woods miss the cut (2009 British) is watching him three-putt from six feet. Never thought I'd see it.
    I admit I enjoyed it immensely

I did feel bad for the tree Tiger hit earlier. I hear it is now in 2 1/2' lengths and being stacked outside the servants quarters near the plantation, I mean clubhouse.

Come on Lefty!

Choi and Tiger shoot the exact same score 4 days in a row. Unreal.

Way to go Phil!!!

Yay for Lefty!
    Well done Sun Devil...and with his wife and children waiting at the end.

In sickness and in health....