Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

But what about the soda?

I need someone to PLEASE tell me when they start seeing the National Championship soda on shelves.

Pepsi has traditionally done this and of course I didn't even check last year. Could someone with knowledge of the situation (or a healthy soda appetite) let me know when/if the sodas will be available?
    Last edited by SupaDave; 04-07-2010 at 05:03 PM.

In 2001 it was Coke that sold commemerative six packs, not Pepsi. Can't recall exactly how long it took to get them on the shelves but IIRC it was pretty quick.

I banned coke from my house since they ran that commercial with the second plaace nit school featured.

I still have an old 1991 Coke bottle. I got it at some sports memorabilia store when I on vacation in Tennessee of all places.

I believe Coke has exclusive rights with Duke.

Maybe...

we should send a case to Roy Williams since he likes Coke so much.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    we should send a case to Roy Williams since he likes Coke so much.
    yea, that dude is such a coke fiend.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    I still have an old 1991 Coke bottle. I got it at some sports memorabilia store when I on vacation in Tennessee of all places.
    I still have a can of True Blue II Soda from the '92 championship proudly displayed in my office. I can't believe it hasn't exploded, like its dearly departed companion can did about 15 years ago. (I also can't believe it's been 18 years since that championship. Wow!)

Partly Orlando, FL partly heard Sandpoint, ID
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaDukie View Post
    I still have a can of True Blue II Soda from the '92 championship proudly displayed in my office. I can't believe it hasn't exploded, like its dearly departed companion can did about 15 years ago. (I also can't believe it's been 18 years since that championship. Wow!)
    I can't believe whatever was in that can hasn't eaten its way through the can, the shelf it on, the floor, and perhaps down 5 miles closer to the earth's core.

Quote Originally Posted by Deslok View Post
    I can't believe whatever was in that can hasn't eaten its way through the can, the shelf it on, the floor, and perhaps down 5 miles closer to the earth's core.
    I actually have had that happen. Sticky mess...

I still have a can of True Blue II Soda from the '92 championship proudly displayed in my office. I can't believe it hasn't exploded, like its dearly departed companion can did about 15 years ago.

Good grief, I've got two cans left, too. If the world ever ends, I think that blue beverage will still be floating in space towards some distant new galaxy.

Man are we crazy people or what?

Got one full and one empty from '91. I keep the sparkling beverage in the fridge.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Good grief, I've got two cans left, too. If the world ever ends, I think that blue beverage will still be floating in space towards some distant new galaxy.

My dad still has a can of that stuff! If coach K ever wins a 5th, I will crack it open and drink it!! Thats a promise!

For heaven's sake, please alert someone before you do...and have emergency services on your speed dial!

I've a can of that not 2 feet from me now....and I'm getting a hankering for its tasty goodness.... Seriously, wonder how much damage that would do to me? :P I do want a Coke bottle with the date and scores on it badly.

Quote Originally Posted by theAlaskanBear View Post
    My dad still has a can of that stuff! If coach K ever wins a 5th, I will crack it open and drink it!! Thats a promise!
    My dad's still got a whole six-pack of True Blue somewhere. When it was produced, I was in the fourth grade. Now, eighteen years, five Final Fours, and two championships later, I'm still in school.

anyone want some dollars?

If anyone would part (read - SELL) with any of :

- a 2001 Coke commemerative six pack or 1 can/bottle
    - a 1992 True Blue (whatever that is) or six pack

I would like to hear the offer. PM me please!

I have a 1991 bottle but neither of the others

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post

I've got an extra '91 that I'd trade for a '92. I have a '92 commemorative coke can, but no TB II.

I gave one of my '91s to a UNC fan and a couple of years later I ended up with a '93 which is definitely not True Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by ForkFondler View Post
    ...a couple of years later I ended up with a '93 which is definitely not True Blue.
    You should shake it up and return it, preferably by tossing it upon his front steps while driving by and maniacally cackling.

My '92 can of soda finally died a grisly, wet, blue death, taking with it a whole drawer of fairly nice crystal sherry and shot glasses in the explosion. Worth it!