Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Huge props to Butler

geez, guys...y'all were amazing....and to have that shot....WITH the chance to go in....

man....what a year you've had

Best championship game in the modern era?

Butler, you were terrific. It was an honor to play you in this game.

i really cannot comprehend what I just saw. Butler won me over with their play. I still would have cheered if that last shot would have gone in. I still am in disbelief.

I could not have said it any better than the previous posts. Neither team deserved to lose.

If everyone returns to Butler they could be back again next year. And so could we.

Great game, guys

They were a mirror image of us...that's why we liked them. What a great team.

What a game!

#4!!!!!

GO DUKE!!!

This game has the substance legends are built on. Exciting from beginning to end! Perhaps the most worthy opponent for the entire season.

I almost feel bad...

Butler, you guys are awesome! What a great TEAM to watch. You made your fans and fans of college basketball proud to watch you throughout this tourney. Ya'll deserve a trophy for heart and effort!

They moved us out of most everything we wanted to do. They dug in big time all game. Wow.

Unlimited respect and friendship to Butler, a worthy Final Four opponent with great kids and coaching. Congratulations to the Bulldog's for a wonderful season and game.

Halfway through the second half, I told my that while I wanted to win, I wouldn't feel all that badly losing to Butler. They were superb!

I could have lived with it if one of those shots fell... Butler was awesome

As close to co-champs as possible.

If all the Butler guys return - and I hope they do - they will be, and will deserve to be, top 5-6 preseason next year. They are for absolute real. They are real. They are fierce.

Kudos to Butler

Certainly they played very, very hard. A great group of players. One of the best games ever.

Grats

Congrats to Butler, they played a great game and represented their school and city with class.

And they have an excellent coach. If we couldn't have Coach K, I would be happy to have him. I expect he will be making waves for a number of years.

This is a classy program and a classy coach. This team is as tough as nails- and will likely be even a tougher out next year. Congrats to them for a great season and great game. They were deserving to be in that final game.

Absolutely, props to Butler. The played a wonderful game for a forty full minutes. If that last shot had fallen I would have been disappointed, but would have considered them a worthy champion. Butlers players, coaches and fans should be proud just as I would have been proud of Duke, win or lose in the championship game.

At some point in the second half, I realized that I was proud to be playing Butler. I've never felt that way about any Duke opponent that I can recall.

This Duke alumnus offers major kudos to your team, your coach, your university. You've got a lot of new fans.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    If that last shot had fallen I would have been disappointed, but would have considered them a worthy champion.
    That's almost exactly what I said at the end of the game. Butler played an amazing game, and I know they feel deeply disappointed, but they should feel no shame, because they really brought it. I will be looking for really good things from them next year.