Thread: Bob Harris call

Bob Harris call

I would like to hear Bob Harris's call of the end of last night's game. Any ideas how I could find that?

bumping this, since I'd be interested as well.

Bob Harris radio call

Can someone post a link of Bob Harris calling the final seconds of the game. Thanks

Contact ISP Sports in Winston-Salem since they are the Duke broadcast rights holder.

Bob Harris Call

Does anyone know where I could hear Bob's call of the final seconds of the win Monday? I just don't feel like I have gotten the full experience yet since I haven't heard him paint the picture.

I'll pull back the curtain...

I'm not Gerald's neighbor but I live probably 10 minutes from where he lives in Blue Bell. I've met his pops around being that we both golf and G as most know is pretty solid on the links himself. It was just a catchy name I thought of when I joined DBR during Gerald's sophomore season. I followed him closely throughout his days at Episcopal which were a lot of fun to see. So now the secrets out, I'm an impostor.

Past Duke Radio Network Broadcasts

What I would give to have the original Bob Harris and John Roth call of the national championship game. The Championship Dance book that Duke released in 2001 was packaged with a CD featuring the entire Arizona game called by Harris and Roth. I own that and listen to it every once in awhile during the summer, when I'm anxiously awaiting November and dreaming of another Duke national title -- no more dreaming, baby!

First off, is there a place on-line anywhere (outside of GoDuke.com) where old radio calls can be downloaded or purchased? I haven't noticed them on iTunes yet, which I think would be a wonderful -- and probably profitable -- idea. Secondly, is there any word on whether or not there will be a new book similar to Championship Dance with another Bob Harris CD?

I am dying to have the Butler broadcast so that I can put some of my BTNH on hold for awhile. That must have been so damn exciting to hear Bob call that.

My apologies!

I've always wanted to ask this question and just decided to do it, without looking.

Thanks for the redirection. Hopefully we can find one at some point.

I recorded the radio call for both the butler and WV games
    I would be happy to share if somebody could confirm the legality of it. However, bob I'm sad to say messed up the final call a bit- he kept talking about a foul on howard for his screen on kyle long after hayward's shot was off and the game ended. He didnt even acknowledge that Duke had won for a good 10 seconds too late-- but hey, its bob and I love bob harris

Cameron, any chance I could have a copy of the call of the 2001 game? (if its legal of course)

Finally found where the weather suits my clothes – and settled down in Brentwood, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by duke2014 View Post

I would be happy to share if somebody could confirm the legality of it. However, bob I'm sad to say messed up the final call a bit- he kept talking about a foul on howard for his screen on kyle long after hayward's shot was off and the game ended. He didnt even acknowledge that Duke had won for a good 10 seconds too late-- but hey, its bob and I love bob harris
    I can't blame Bob for spending time on the hit Kyle got at the end. It looked pretty vicious. My wife actually saw it before I did (she saw it happen on the live take and I only saw it on the replay) and she went nuts screaming about it. It was aggravated by the fact that we didn't see Kyle for quite some time in any of the wild celebration/dejection shots CBS was doing after the game was over. Only in the Blue Planet videos days later did I see why...others on the team had immediately piled on Kyle while he laid wiped out on the floor.

I did see a comment later in (I think) a Sport Illustrated article to the effect that no referee would have called the hit Howard put on Singler under those circumstances. But I watched the replay later on my Tivo (couldn't see it immediately because I wasn't at home for the live game) and thought it was very deliberate and way over the top. In a more normal game and with more time on the clock Howard would have been ejected for the hit. It looked more like a blind side block in football than a legitimate basketball screen. Kyle could have been seriously injured the way his head snapped back...and then he just crumpled to the floor. That guy is one tough dude!

Grey Devil

Thanks for the upload duke2014!

Honestly though, that was a pretty weak call by Bob...