Bench:
    Andre Dawkins
    Ryan Kelly
    Seth Curry
    Joshua Hairston
    Tyler Thornton
    Steve Johnson
    Casey Peters

What do you think? REPEAT!? It could surely happen. For now, I think I'm going to go celebrate this CHAMPIONSHIP a bit more!!!

1 more

Quote Originally Posted by deadhead_dukie View Post
    PG - Kyrie Irving
    SG - Nolan Smith
    SF - Kyle Singler
    PF - Miles Plumlee
    C - Mason Plumlee

Bench:
    Andre Dawkins
    Ryan Kelly
    Seth Curry
    Joshua Hairston
    Tyler Thornton
    Steve Johnson
    Casey Peters

What do you think? REPEAT!? It could surely happen. For now, I think I'm going to go celebrate this CHAMPIONSHIP a bit more!!!
    don't forget about Carrick Felix.

I cant sleep either.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke #33 View Post
    and possibly Michael Haynes...

PG: Irving
    G: Smith
    G: Curry
    F: Singler
    F: Mason Plumee

If Kyle doesn't return, I'd like to see alot of:
    1.Irving
    2.Smith
    3.Curry
    4.MP1
    5.MP2

bench:
    Dawkins, Hairston, Felix, Kelly, Thornton

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorns View Post
    I cant sleep either.
    I can't sleep, but it's because of the damn cough I have. Too much excitement - NOT!

I'm not surprised someone started a thread on next year's starting lineup already, just not really interested in speculating about it tonight. I'll head up to Durham late tomorrow morning to buy my new T-shirt(s) and welcome the team back, helping celebrate our fantastic win! I'll leave next year's back-to-back prediction for the day after tomorrow. And yes, I'm in that camp to no one here's surprise

Today is for celebrating and enjoying, not worrying about next season!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

correct me if I'm wong

Wasn't Haynes being recruited for 11-12?

Quote Originally Posted by hedevil View Post
    Wasn't Haynes being recruited for 11-12?
    No. He'll graduate '10.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverBlowingBubbles View Post
    Agreed - and sub in MP1 for Kyle if he goes. K will play the 5 most talented guys in most situations. So I absolutely expect to see this line-up, at least in the beginning. We'll see how different players develop. Or maybe we do different line-ups, a bit, to match up with opponents (such as if they have a tall or big WF). But remember: match-up problems go both ways. For every 6' 7" WF that Nolan or Curry (who'd be best - 'dre ?) must try to guard (and get posted up on), there will also be a 6'7" guy running all over the court trying to keep up with a speedy Duke guard, and getting pulled away from the paint, etc...

Hmmm.

Could be really fun.

But I'll worry about that next week .... after I come down off of my cloud! Wahoo! We won!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke #33 View Post
    Can I edit my post? For some reason it has the "Reply" icon, but no "Edit" for the main post. Though I can edit this post.

A little new to the board.

Not a new Dukie though.
    Last edited by grateful_duke; 04-06-2010 at 03:55 AM.

I'm excited for next year, and still happy about this year. Duke has a bright future, LGD!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by deadhead_dukie View Post
    PG - Kyrie Irving
    SG - Nolan Smith
    SF - Kyle Singler
    PF - Miles Plumlee
    C - Mason Plumlee

Bench:
    Andre Dawkins
    Ryan Kelly
    Seth Curry
    Joshua Hairston
    Tyler Thornton
    Steve Johnson
    Casey Peters

originally i was gonna insist that Curry would be starting, but then I said "Over who?" If Singler stays, he'll have a chance to polish that SF skill-set he's been working on all year. If Singler goes, Curry starts.
    Although this year was an aberration in terms of so many big bodies starting, I just don't see how K is gonna keep both Plumlees and Singler off of the court (once again, if KS stays). We're gonna be unbelievably deep next year, and I'm not worried in the least about "lack of big men". As mentioned earlier, Carrick Felix will also be on the roster as well as maybe one other un-signed big 'un.
    I also believe we'll be very capable of repeating next year, with or without Singler. With Singler we'll be the hands down favorite, w/o him I still like our chances.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverBlowingBubbles View Post
    I see this too but if Kyle comes back, I would not be suprised to see Kyle at the SF spot with both Plumlees starting since that type of lineup got them the championship and I don't necessarily think Coach K would want to move Kyle again in the lineup. I just get a feeling Coach K would think he owes Kyle a bit for doing what was best for the team throughout. This can all change if a 3 guard lineup looks signficantly better is early practices and they feel they can hold their own on the boards with Kyle at PF. Bottom line, they can at least go big or small rather effectively on paper as it looks right now.

Key for next season, aside from whether Kyle comes back, will be the continued development of the Plumlees and whether either Kelly or Hairston can provide a productive third big to rotate for a reasonable amount of minutes. The rebounding of this team this year won them the title and will be key again next year in my opinion!

Coach K's Job

His job will be to sell these players on the idea that it doesn't matter if you start, you will get significant PT. We will have some great guards who will not start. We will also have other fine players who will not start. To keep the team happy and working together, coach K will possibly go to a high tempo team like our nemesis UNC prefers, so that all the fine players can get into the act.

Two lineups

If Kyle comes back, I like Deadhead's lineup:

PG - Kyrie Irving
    SG - Nolan Smith
    SF - Kyle Singler
    PF - Miles Plumlee
    C - Mason Plumlee

But Coach K would have the option of going small at any time:

PG - Kyrie Irving
    SG - Nolan Smith
    SG-Seth Curry
    F - Kyle Singler
    C - Miles or Mason

It's going to hard for anybody to keep up with this crew either way.

Quote Originally Posted by NYDukie View Post
    The rebounding of this team this year won them the title and will be key again next year in my opinion!
    I can't wait for next season! Not to see if we can win another championship, but to see how the players develop over the offseason and how they integrate the blue collar mindset that this team leveraged for success. Will be fun to see who steps up for the loss of Z, LT and Jon (and potentially Kyle). I hope they have the same motor this team had and can pride themselves on rebounding - it's what made this team special.

I'm set on enjoying this year until about June when we officially know Kyle is coming back/staying. Then, we talk about next year.

Fast forward April 4, 2011

Duke, behind All Americans Kyle Singler and Nolan Smith along with freshman of the year Kyrie Irving lead Duke and Coach K to back to back national champions in the Armegeddon matchup many have waited for over UNC. Nolan Smith's high arcing shot in the lane over Jon Henson with 1.3 seconds left gives Duke and Coach K it's 5th national championship and propels Coach K to #1 in all time victories after the team claims it's 35th victory of the season!!!!

Ahhhh, to be a fan and dream!!!! And you thought you were stressed last night!!!! Just imagine!!!

Nice fantasy !!!