Thread: The Simpsons

Thumbs down The Simpsons

Anyone else sick of it? I only watched it today because it came on after King of the Hill (which was a great episode if anyone else is a fan), and I wasted an hour of my life. 400 episodes... they probably should have stopped after about 200-250. If you want comedy with a point, South Park's got you covered. If you just want something goofy, The Family Guy (which I am not a big fan of) is much better. It seems the Simpsons is trying to do both very unsuccessfully, I'm hoping Groening calls it quits after the movie comes out. He should really be concentrating on Futurama (coming back on Comedy Central in 2008 last I heard), but then again I'm not getting my hopes up with that either.

Rant over... thoughts?

Bleeck

Quote Originally Posted by hc5duke View Post
    Anyone else sick of it?
    Absolutely. My wife and I kept giving each other the kind of uncomfortable looks last night more suited to episodes of The Office.

And I second the Futurama optimism although I'm not exactly sold on the film concept. John Zoidberg is the cat's meow.

Quote Originally Posted by hc5duke View Post
    Anyone else sick of it?
    Agreed. I used to be a huge fan, but I can honestly say I haven't sat through an entire episode, even reruns, in the past 3 years. I don't even remember when I last saw a first run episode. I still quote from it regularly but all my quotes are at 10 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfrosh View Post
    Agreed. I used to be a huge fan, but I can honestly say I haven't sat through an entire episode, even reruns, in the past 3 years. I don't even remember when I last saw a first run episode. I still quote from it regularly but all my quotes are at 10 year old.
    This describes me to a T.

A couple choice quotes

Homer: "Did you know that everyday Mexican gays sneak into this country and unplug our brain dead ladies?"

Ned Flanders: "Imploring people I've never met to pressure a government with better things to do to punish a man who meant no harm for something nobody even saw."

ROTF on that last one...

EDIT: But to respond to the original question, no, I rarely ever watch the show anymore. Happened to catch it last night, while waiting for Sopranos (Where's the thread on that?!) to start. Family Guy is much funnier.
    Last edited by DevilAlumna; 05-21-2007 at 06:02 PM.

There's been one good episode in the past five years or so. By "good episode" I mean one that could stand up to the season 7-8-9-10 run.

Cool The Danes call it Quality

Bring back Ren and Stimpy!