Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    Now THIS is more like it. Classic version (Teddy P.?), no shots of the singer, and lots more DUKE. You know, the CHAMPS?!?!?!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad03DNJzuPw

This guy deserves some kudos for one-upping CBS.
    Excellent! I'm not sure if he added clips, I think he didn't... but he definitely deleted some clips (noticed the Taylor King clip was gone)

One Shining Moment, done correctly

This is what most of us were looking for Monday night instead of that joke of a Jennifer Hudson video. CBS should be embarrassed that a kid with editing software can do overnight what they failed so miserably to do.

Let's make this thing viral. I'd love to see this with a few million views.

Much better!

Thanks!

Just make the last scene one of the team and Coach K holding the trophy. Otherwise, much, much better!

Much better music, but where were the comet streaks showing up behind the balls? And there were surprisingly few Duke game highlights. Oh well...

Geez! SO MUCH BETTER!!!! Whoever came up with the idea of having Hudson sing it, THEN have her splashed all throughout the video, should be fired. Teddy Pendergrass rolled over in his grave Monday night!

CBS should redo it, and yes, add the trophy scene at the end.

YES!

That's what I wanted and expected! Hope it goes viral and catches the eye of CBS sports execs.

I didn't mind Jennifer Hudson's singing it. I like her singing. But there was no good reason to spend so much of the short video on her, even though I think she's pretty. It's about the kids and not the entertainer. CBS misjudged its audience.

Fantastic job! Thanks for making that a much better "Shining Moment." The only thing I would have done is go back and use the earlier 90's version of the song, which I liked better than the "raspy" voiced one. But other than that, and maybe the team holding the trophy, the one you created is light-years better than the horrid thing we had to hear Monday night.

Gary

Thank you

That's what I was looking for Monday night. I was looking for highlights of the tournament, including the championship team and not Jennifer Hudson (though I think her singing is fine, that's not why I was watching.)
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Quote Originally Posted by Genedoc View Post
    This is what most of us were looking for Monday night instead of that joke of a Jennifer Hudson video. CBS should be embarrassed that a kid with editing software can do overnight what they failed so miserably to do.

Let's make this thing viral. I'd love to see this with a few million views.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckster View Post
    That's what I wanted and expected! Hope it goes viral and catches the eye of CBS sports execs.
    Great job! And yes, Duke holding the trophy at the end would make it perfect.

BTW, Sean McManus, head of CBS news and sports, is Duke class of 1977. I think I'll send him a link!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Man, this is great. I cannot get through it without tearing up.
    I don't think I will ever be able to!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Fantastic job! Thanks for making that a much better "Shining Moment." The only thing I would have done is go back and use the earlier 90's version of the song, which I liked better than the "raspy" voiced one. But other than that, and maybe the team holding the trophy, the one you created is light-years better than the horrid thing we had to hear Monday night.

Gary
    To be clear, I had nothing to do with this. I was just forwarded the link and posted it here.

YES!!! Well done. Gave me chills.

Thumbs up

F A N T A S T I C ! ! ! !

Thanks for the link!

Here's another one.

It's very good

But I still don't like seeing that last shot by Hayward. Looks even closer than I remember. (I was afraid it was going to go in this time.)

Not enough Duke

There is almost a total lack of Duke here... not even a shot of the team and coaches when they accepted the trophy.

Does anyone have an e-mail to CBS Sports where we can suggest that they go back to the drawing board and release a revised version?
    DukeDevilDeb

Not only is it lacking in Duke, but it was way too heavy in showing people crying. I thought the whole thing was kind of a downer.

Also, was it just me or were cheerleaders from other schools a lot more tramped up this year?

One Shining Moment

CBS should be ashamed for the ruining One Shining Moment. I think they should do it again and get it right this time. It's not supposed to be a music video. What sports fan wants to see a singer's face or hear a washed up announcer's voice instead of seeing historic memories from the tournament. I now really want ESPN to get the tournament. There probably is no connection with the fact that the head executive of CBS Entertainment is a Carolina grad. Just my opinion.