Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Here's the video for anyone who didn't get to see it.

The final game highlights included zero big plays by Duke.

Beat me to it. I was just about to ask if anyone else noticed that every highlight of the final was a Butler highlight. Even the last one is a missed half courter by them. What's up with that? We had NO good plays as Champs?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    Sorry, I forgot that the happy police patrolled these boards. Negativity is not allowed at any time. Negativity is not allowed at any time. Negativity is not allowed at any time. Ok, I got it.

Hey! No problemo...at least you're not a wanker for saying it!
    AHAHAHAHAHA, I'm cracking myself up!!!
    Love you ChrisP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I propose that someone on DBR who is tech-savy create a new one shining moment for this year.

Come on, you know you want to do it.

I thought the OSM montage was horrible! I feel cheated. For one, the Jennifer Hudson version sucks! I really hate the way she sang it. I also didn't think we needed all the shots of her singing it. I prefer the original. More importantly, however, I was really upset with the complete lack of respect they showed the DUKE program...the 2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS...by showing very little of the game to begin with, BUT, to add insult to injury, they showed only BUTLER's highlights!!! I felt like they put that crappy OSM together, with the hopes that Butler was going to win and then threw a few shots of our guys celebrating when they realized Duke was going to win. I LOVE OSM and look forward to it every year. CBS can bite me now after ruining both the song and the highlights for me. I feel CBS's treatment of our guys in OSM really speaks to my feeling that CBS wanted Duke in the title game for ratings only and wanted Butler to win it all. Why else would you showcase the runner-up like that and not the champion?!!?! Disgraceful!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisheery View Post
    Worst one shining moment ever...
    I texted the exact same words to a buddy at the end of the game! Oh well. I'll take the win and a bad OSM over the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    Beat me to it. I was just about to ask if anyone else noticed that every highlight of the final was a Butler highlight. Even the last one is a missed half courter by them. What's up with that? We had NO good plays as Champs?

Could be forshadowing. It may very well be Butler's one shining moment. I'm pretty sure we will have others.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorns View Post
    I propose that someone on DBR who is tech-savy create a new one shining moment for this year.

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (You beat me to it.)

I'm pretty sure that as long as it's not produced for sale (copyright stuff), it's perfectly legit for anyone to take the REAL OSM rendition, and blend it with more appropriate highlights. Then share away (for free). It would be a labor of love for any tech savvy fan to do!

CBS should not be allowed to broadcast sports.

One Shining Moment was bad, their coverage was bad, their constant butt kissing of Butler was bad too.

And how about at halftime interviewing Da'Sean Butler from their halfcourt stage with fans, announcers, and half time shows BLARING in the background?

But in the end, DUKE ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Blue Devil View Post
    CBS should not be allowed to broadcast sports.

One Shining Moment was bad, their coverage was bad, their constant butt kissing of Butler was bad too.

And how about at halftime interviewing Da'Sean Butler from their halfcourt stage with fans, announcers, and half time shows BLARING in the background?

But in the end, DUKE ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!
    Yeah but the interview with Nolan's mom was great. She is dynamite.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that hated the cuts to the singer. The singer is not important in the video montage beyond their voice. I thought they tried to get at least one clip of each team in the montage? There were no clips of Kansas.

We were all complaining about it at the game! I actually noticed that there didn't seem to be a single Duke clip until about a third of the way through (I haven't rewatched it yet to confirm) and from what I recall there were almost no, if any, shots of duke...SCORING, it was us hugging each other...cool but how about a play or two?

Upon a rewatch I noticed the devil in the start, although we were annoyed that it ended on...butler's missed shot? Seemed weird.

Although I'd forgotten about that moment when Singler and that guy from Purdue(?) got ALL up in each other's faces!!!!!
    Last edited by DukeDevil; 04-06-2010 at 10:05 AM. Reason: added note for the rewatch
    Duke '03
    Tent 1 '99/'00

Didn't get much coverage of them cutting down the nets, either. They commented on Werner the official ladder of the NCAA. I think there was more air time of the ladder under the basket than of any Duke players actually on the ladder. I only remember seeing Zoubs.

Taylor King

Anybody notice that Taylor King was the face of Villanova in the piece?

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorns View Post

I love to see one to.

Ha

I was listening to my NPR Pop Culture Podcast this morning and, coincidentally, the last segment was about "One Shining Moment." The piece could not have been more ironic, given the general sentiment of this thread. The producer of OSM justifies all the reasons for the switch to Jennifer Hudson (and I love Jennifer, so I'm not trying to pile on) and says that "no one" will be disappointed once they hear her version and see the finished product. Wow, did he ever misjudge that one.

Link

I agree, this OSM pretty much sucked. My OSM, however, is that Duke is the NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!! I am so frickin happy I can't even concentrate at work.

Quote Originally Posted by jdj4duke View Post
    Yeah but the interview with Nolan's mom was great. She is dynamite.
    She is a wonderful lady, but that interview belonged in the pre-game. The Da'Butler interview too was misplaced at halftime. I want analysis and experts talking about what happened and what happens next. Interviews with people who cannot hear what anyone is saying are worthless at halftime.

CBS is terrible.

OSM was just pathetic. I love the great moments (especially buzzer beaters and big shots) and I like seeing some of the emotion of the teams, but the video needs to be dominated by the teams that made the Final Four -- especially the teams that make the finals and the TEAM THAT WINS THE TITLE!! They have the ultimate shining moment. CBS forgot that and put together something oh so lame. There was not a single positive shot of Duke accomplishing anything in a game. Weak!!

If someone edits a new one that is waay better, I will gladly donate a few coins to fund their effort. I suspect wee can get a nice pot going for this

--Jason "CBS does do a nice job at the Masters" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I could care less who sang what or what was shown. All I care about is WE ARE CHAMPS & CAROLINA ISN'T!

I expressed my hatred of this OSM further up (and I feel very strongly about this). I think CBS might have realized that basketball junkies such as those on this board would watch regardless, so better to appeal to the more marginal viewer who normally wouldn't stay up but wants to see Jennifer Hudson, i.e. a colleague said his wife stayed up with him to watch the game and would have gone to sleep immediately afterwards but wanted to see Jennifer Hudson - she could care less about the basketball clips.