Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best Moments of This WHOLE Season

Just thought I'd get everyone's thoughts on their favorite moment/play this year. Obviously, let's rule out winning the title, as it's everyone's number 1.

My top would be

1. Beating Purdue (Since I'm an IU student)
    2. Embarrassing UNC
    3. Winning ACC title & ACC tourney
    4. 17-0 at home
    5. Getting our first "road" win at Clemson in impressive fashion

Zoubs break out game against Maryland would definitely be high on my list... I may have gotten a little teary eyed watching him put up those numbers.

Dean Dome = Mason's house

Duke's win at Carolina...especially Mason's reverse jam

Two favorites:

1) The whole game in Cameron against UNC. Especially the first half demolition and the smile on K's face when Scheyer came out.
    2) Scheyer's 3 pointer to finish off Ga Tech in the ACC tournament championship game.

Gosh, that carolina game in Cameron was just such an absolute thigh slapper of fun and howling laughter...
    The defense at the end of the ACC gtech game was breathtaking...
    greivis' sulky puss during the beatdown in Cameron...
    Too hard to single out any one moment.

But it has to be the smile on Kyle's face as the team piles on him at the end of the National Championship game.

So many great memories

Some other highlights for me included:
    1) beating UCONN to win the first tournament of the year, despite not shooting well
    2) hammering Gonzaga
    3) beating Clemson at Littlejohn
    4) rebounding after the losses at NC State and Georgetown
    5) beating Maryland at Cameron
    6) beating UNC at the Dean Dome
    7) hammering UNC on Seniors night to finish 17-0 at home
    and of course the rest is history, ACC champs, and each great weekend of the NCAA tournament
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

All of the foregoing inputs are spot-on, but I want to add the decisive WVU National Semi-Final victory. Obviously WVU is a GOOD team; however, defeating them by 21 -- especially after the ways in which they disrespected Duke in 2008 NCAA Tournament --was wonderful (and, obviously, this tough win both silenced critics (WVU merited the last #1 seed) and allowed us to move on to capture the 2010 National Championship).

For that matter, the Baylor victory – against a very good and tenacious team – doubtless warrants recognition.

and the fact that we killed the big east tourney champion by 21 pts was nice too!

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    Two favorites:

1) The whole game in Cameron against UNC. Especially the first half demolition and the smile on K's face when Scheyer came out.
    2) Scheyer's 3 pointer to finish off Ga Tech in the ACC tournament championship game.
    I have never enjoyed a regular season game the same way I did that night. We just could not be stopped. THe Jon to Miles alley-oop where kyle threw is arms out and all the players celebrated was outstanding. First thing that comes to mind from the regular season this year for me!!

When the clock read 0:00 in the National Championship game!

I honestly was shocked that it ended so abruptly and we were the winners. I was so happy in that moment!

The Nolan Smith show vs Baylor. He was outstanding.
    "Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR

The Carolina game in Cameron had to be Best Moment #2 for me. Honestly, we will probably win another National Championship before a destruction like that happens again. The whole evening was a blast - the halftime show where the announcers had nothing to talk about and just goofed around, the awesome performance by the Crazies that really came through on TV, the senior speeches... man, what a night.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    The Carolina game in Cameron had to be Best Moment #2 for me. Honestly, we will probably win another National Championship before a destruction like that happens again. The whole evening was a blast - the halftime show where the announcers had nothing to talk about and just goofed around, the awesome performance by the Crazies that really came through on TV, the senior speeches... man, what a night.
    My favorite moment was hubert davis picking UNC to pick duke in cameron

lol
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    My favorite moment was hubert davis picking UNC to pick duke in cameron
    I found it PARTICULARLY humorous when, at halftime, he so completely reversed his opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by 4decadedukie View Post
    I found it PARTICULARLY humorous when, at halftime, he so completely reversed his opinion.
    I usually don't rewatch halftime shows that I have taped, but I have rewatched the halftime show for the UNC game at Cameron. I also have rewatched the interview with Nolan's mom at halftime of the Nat'l Championship. Both were well worth my time.

1. Destroying UNC in Cameron, beating them by more than there past 3 wins in Cameron combined (combined margin of victory in 2010 in both games for Duke is 7 points greater than UNC's combined margin of victory in their last 4 wins in Cameron).
    2. NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    3. Ripping WVU, getting them back.

Ripping West Virginia was excellent. The only payback that counts!!

Three game sequence

Following the Wake game where the Plumlee brothers combined to decimate Wake and leading into the State game I made the comment that State had no chance. It wasn't because of our big three, it was because I felt we finally had an inside game. Obviously against State, we regressed a bit. So during the Maryland game when Zoubek dunked a miss my jaw dropped and our season went from good to great. That was my favorite moment of the year.

I got to go with Z's dunk, and Jon's moment with K coming off the court towards the end of the ACC tournament championship game.

I guess I also better throw in the look on Roy's face towards the end of the NIT title game. CLASSIC!!hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by 4decadedukie View Post
    That's so true! That's one of my top moments of the year too! Also:

1. Duke beating UNC at Chapel Hill (Mason's reverse dunk)
    2. Duke beating UNC at CIS by 32 and Nolan's crossover dunk on LDII at CIS
    3. Andre Dawkins 7 point spurt in the NCAA tournament with the explosive dunk down the middle!
    4. Duke defeating West Virginia (always wanted to see Duke clicking on all cylinders...that was special)
    5. (Tie) Duke defeating UCONN and Clemson particulary after Duke was deemed non-athletic and didn't have a prayer to win.
    6. Winning the national title- this was just icing on the cake for the entire season! I was already proud of the Duke team...even more now...Go Blue Devils!