Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    BRIAN ZOUBEK!!!! arh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4 years ago I could not even comprehend that this kid would come up with the biggest plays at the end of a game to win the championship.

Wow. I've already gotten an email advertising all of the National Championship merchandise for sale. I definitely plan to do my part to support the nation's economy.

Coach K gave a lot of credit to Butler, however not a mention of Duke by the Butler coach. Not many Duke shots in the shining moment video...but so what! We da champs.

Wow oh wow. Can I breathe again? OK, Kyle was the man, but I believe that Zoubs and Lance will keep tapes of this game to show their kids. They both stepped up big, big time. Way to go, guys!

Thanks Coach K and Duke Blue Devils!

So proud! Making the FF made my month. Well, this just makes my year!! So happy, and so much going to miss Jon, Kyle (if he leaves; please don't) Zoubs and Lance. Well played guys, really really well played.

SO PROUD!!!

Un-freakin-fantastically-believable!!!

I am on cloud nine for this win, for this team, and for all of us Dukies!

Way to stay mentally tough and hang in there!

Another banner to add to the collection!

Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by jkidd31 View Post
    Disagree...make it...go up 3 foul on the inbounds and make them make the 1st FT, miss the second then have to get the rebound and make a play.
    If we had let them set up a play and organize themselves, the way the end of this game was winding down, they would have run the "picket fence" play or got the ball to Jimmy Chitwood for a shot and we have overtime with Hoosiers 2.

The missed FT surprised and wrong-footed Butler.

Also, we have seen before how teams trying to intentionally foul don't get the call and then the officials whistle them for a 3 pt shooting foul.

With the way this game was reffed, do you really want to rely on the refs not to give the Butler player (prob Hayward) a shooting foul for 3? That guy is automatic from the line.

No, we didn't want to put this game in the hands of the refs in the last second.

What a GREAT night! National Champions!

Talking story book

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorns View Post
    BRIAN ZOUBEK!!!! arh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4 years ago I could not even comprehend that this kid would come up with the biggest plays at the end of a game to win the championship.
    Ain't it great?? Zoubs at the end to win the big one! You can't make this stuff up. It happens at Duke!!

Champs! Maybe the most unexpected, wonderful season in Duke history!

Congrats to Jon, Lance, and Brian... lord knows at least two of them have taken enough in their lives, and this was well, well deserved!

Front page of tomorrow's Raleigh News & Observer
    Attached Images Attached Images

bon fire on the Quad!

according to my local news in Philly!
    party on gang!

this almost makes me give up watching.. too stressful. But.. nah.. Last play makes up for the uconn loss for me.

So glad that didn't go in...

Yikes. We were about a quarter inch from having to see a shot over and over and over for the rest of our lives.

I think that would have replaced Christian's shot as the most famous shot in NCAA basketball history. I cannot say how happy I am it did not go down.

Whew!!!

Too tired to say anything other than THANK YOU LORD that neither of Hayward's shots went in at the end. I am so happy for everybody involved. What a tough win!

Champions again!!!

It is going to be sad without Lance, Brian, and Jon on the court.

From an Hoosier Dukie congrats to my beloved team on a great win. I had to check if my heart was still beating when Butler almost made that last second shot. Congrats to Butler what an amazing team they are.

Only Sean Dockery is allowed to make that shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Yikes. We were about a quarter inch from having to see a shot over and over and over for the rest of our lives.

I think that would have replaced Christian's shot as the most famous shot in NCAA basketball history. I cannot say how happy I am it did not go down.
    Its all statistics. As much as I hate being up only 1 with 13 seconds left. It is a damn good position to be in. And you are right, it would have DESERVEDLY so become the highlight reel video of a lifetime.

Quincy Miller is feeling Duke as national champions!

http://twitter.com/qmillertime