Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 94duke View Post
    I vote...

NEVER!

We won't stop being

2010 Nat'l Champs !!

Go Duke!!

Well said.

WE WON'T EVER STOP BEING 2010 NATIONAL CHAMPS!

What about locking the thread at the start of CTC, but making it a "sticky". After all, 2010 should remain as "their moment", and the start of this season is time to create the beginning of a "new moment" for this team.

On the eve of our first exhibition in 2010,

Duke Won!!

2010 Nat'l Champs!!

Love wearing one of my 2010 National Champs shirts to the exhibition game, and my baseball cap, that I purchased in Indy at the Final 4. Got some of the championship team players to sign my ball cap.

Its going to be Houston or bust...

I will forever remember my trip to Indianapolis and the 2010 National Championship. The season was incredible. And one that I will never forget.

Forever the Mens NCAA 2010 NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!!

Fifth page?!? Yikes.

Bump.

And, as much as I look forward to the rematch with Butler this year, I think the Michigan State game is going to be a classic. I wonder how the game would have come out if the Spartans had beaten Butler, and we had faced off with Izzo for the NC.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Fifth page?!? Yikes.

Bump.

And, as much as I look forward to the rematch with Butler this year, I think the Michigan State game is going to be a classic. I wonder how the game would have come out if the Spartans had beaten Butler, and we had faced off with Izzo for the NC.
    It would have been interesting. Don't forget that before we play State, we have a matchup vs. K State in Kansas City (assuming they beat the Zags, of course). That will NOT be easy, and will be a good test even before MSU. I mean, they are #3 in the country for a reason. I actually think that will be the tougher of the two matchups since it's earlier, only a one day turnaround (play vs. Marquette the previous day), and in a hostile environment. I think we blow out MSU at home a la the 2003-04 season. And, back to the topic, 2010 National Champs!!! woo hoo!!

Go Duke !!!
    2010 Nat'l Champs !!!

Let's see what we can do in 2010-2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    It would have been interesting. Don't forget that before we play State, we have a matchup vs. K State in Kansas City (assuming they beat the Zags, of course). That will NOT be easy, and will be a good test even before MSU. I mean, they are #3 in the country for a reason. I actually think that will be the tougher of the two matchups since it's earlier, only a one day turnaround (play vs. Marquette the previous day), and in a hostile environment. I think we blow out MSU at home a la the 2003-04 season. And, back to the topic, 2010 National Champs!!! woo hoo!!
    Excellent points. I don't think the MSt game will be a blow-out, though. Izzo plays physical, and they have a lot to prove in this game. I'm not sure exactly what they bring back, but I am assuming that they wouldn't be ranked as high as they are if they were too young or inexperienced. Should be a war.

(And, although I want to win every game, I don't mind the outcome of either as long as we progress from them).

This had dropped to page 15 -- can't just let it die yet. I need my NCAA National Championship fix. The 2010 team will live forever! There were many ups, and a few downs last year. From my perspective:

Biggest downer -- Mason's injury, which greatly slowed his freshman development

Worst game -- Georgetown, with the President in attendance

Best game -- West Virginia

Most significant game -- Butler (duh!)

Most important game -- Baylor (got us back to final 4 and validated our return to greatness)

And of course, we were all heartbroken about the tragedy in Andre's family, which still, and will always, define the closeness of this team.

And what a great "team" -- so much better than the sum of its parts.

If only the 1999 team could have been such, what might have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    This had dropped to page 15 -- can't just let it die yet. I need my NCAA National Championship fix. The 2010 team will live forever! There were many ups, and a few downs last year. From my perspective:

Biggest downer -- Mason's injury, which greatly slowed his freshman development

Worst game -- Georgetown, with the President in attendance

Best game -- West Virginia

Most significant game -- Butler (duh!)

Most important game -- Baylor (got us back to final 4 and validated our return to greatness)

And of course, we were all heartbroken about the tragedy in Andre's family, which still, and will always, define the closeness of this team.

And what a great "team" -- so much better than the sum of its parts.

If only the 1999 team could have been such, what might have been.
    The 1999 team will go down for me as one of the most dominant teams in college basketball not to win the title. When that year started, I was never more sure of a National Championship team then that one. That is why we must always remember as good as this years team is there is never a guarantee. As we learned last season it truely takes a team to win a National Championship!! 2010 FOREVER.
    The Terrapin Assassin

Highlight of the Year

When I reflect back on 2010, the highlight of my year is that wonderful ball bouncing off the backboard and falling....out. Never thought I would see my team win live - even changed the way I look at the world some I'm kind of embarrassed to say.

I returned to this thread as it seems only right that it should be at the top of the Board as one of the best years in Duke basketball history comes to an end! I'll do my part to keep it there.

Happy Blue Year!

I'm kind of bummed that 2010 is coming to an end. Since January ended, our beloved Blue Devils have gone 30-1 and provided us with many lasting memories. May 2011 bring many more! Go Duke!

The Duke Butler game was on highlights during the Kent Louisville game today!!!!

And I was there in Indy!!!!

And as always, GO DUKE !!!!!

I certainly hope and pray that 2011, will bring all the success that 2010, has. AMEN.

Just finished watching this again. I was seriously nervous watching the last couple of possessions

Quote Originally Posted by wtm001 View Post
    Just finished watching this again. I was seriously nervous watching the last couple of possessions
    Thanks for keeping this thread up front!

Shades of Buckeye football trying to give the game away to R-Kansas.

I miss Jon, Zoubs, Lance...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xthUpJzGpU

THANKS for the memories...

Championship redux

Last night's Michigan State - Wisconsin game ended in an eerily similar fashion to last year's Duke - Butler championship game. MSU scored to take a 1 pt lead with about 30 seconds left in overtime. MSU played great defense to force a tough shot that missed and MSU rebounded and was immediately fouled with ~2.2 seconds left. MSU hit both foul shots, leaving them up by 3, but Wiscy had the time to set up an out of bounds play. On that play there was a crushing pick set (this time on the man guarding the in-bounder) to set up a pass that went to near half court where the Wiscy player took and missed a 3-pt try from almost the exact same spot as did Hayward.

Not to reopen the old miss or make the second free throw debate, but it was interesting to see Izzo make the opposite choice as K did in the championship game. There were a couple of key differences though. MSU was playing at home plus one of the key Wiscy players had already fouled out so Izzo likely wasn't quite as concerned about a possible 2nd overtime.

Quote Originally Posted by southgater View Post
    Last night's Michigan State - Wisconsin game ended in an eerily similar fashion to last year's Duke - Butler championship game. MSU scored to take a 1 pt lead with about 30 seconds left in overtime. MSU played great defense to force a tough shot that missed and MSU rebounded and was immediately fouled with ~2.2 seconds left. MSU hit both foul shots, leaving them up by 3, but Wiscy had the time to set up an out of bounds play. On that play there was a crushing pick set (this time on the man guarding the in-bounder) to set up a pass that went to near half court where the Wiscy player took and missed a 3-pt try from almost the exact same spot as did Hayward.

Not to reopen the old miss or make the second free throw debate, but it was interesting to see Izzo make the opposite choice as K did in the championship game. There were a couple of key differences though. MSU was playing at home plus one of the key Wiscy players had already fouled out so Izzo likely wasn't quite as concerned about a possible 2nd overtime.
    As similar as the scenario's were (I immediately thought of it as Michigan State walked to the foul line), there is pretty much no decision since Wisconsin had a timeout. If Izzo tries to do what Coach K did, Wisconsin could simply grab the rebound and call timeout, leaving them in the same scenario as if MSU made it, except down two instead of three. Butler having no timeouts left was a key part of Coach K's thinking.
    Pratt '09
    GO DUKE!

Quote Originally Posted by SCMatt33 View Post
    As similar as the scenario's were (I immediately thought of it as Michigan State walked to the foul line), there is pretty much no decision since Wisconsin had a timeout. If Izzo tries to do what Coach K did, Wisconsin could simply grab the rebound and call timeout, leaving them in the same scenario as if MSU made it, except down two instead of three. Butler having no timeouts left was a key part of Coach K's thinking.
    Good point - I forgot about the timeout situation.