Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Smile

Before winning the championship I could not tolerate UNC people especially since I work with mostly UNC alumni (blame my profession, pharmacist). Since Duke won the championship and now AR commits I can't keep the smile off my face and a little more tolerant of Carolina fans.

Quote Originally Posted by GLTBD View Post
    Before winning the championship I could not tolerate UNC people especially since I work with mostly UNC alumni (blame my profession, pharmacist). Since Duke won the championship and now AR commits I can't keep the smile off my face and a little more tolerant of Carolina fans.
    Don't let our success erode your intolerance of UNC@CH fans. They really are a pretty awful bunch in general (yes there are exceptions and yes I'm talking about basketball not life...of course they are not awful people just because they are awful fans).

On another more important note....it didn't go in! We won we won we won we won whooo hooooooo. Yes! Yes! Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Don't let our success erode your intolerance of UNC@CH fans. They really are a pretty awful bunch in general (yes there are exceptions and yes I'm talking about basketball not life...of course they are not awful people just because they are awful fans).
    Of course they are. What are you thinking?

falling to page 2!?! Come on, only 11 more days of bumping required!

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    falling to page 2!?! Come on, only 11 more days of bumping required!
    Incorrect. Bumping should continue throughout the season. After all, we're the national champions unless and until someone else takes the trophy in April.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Incorrect. Bumping should continue throughout the season. After all, we're the national champions unless and until someone else takes the trophy in April.
    Nobody gets our trophy. Someone else might win the 2011 trophy but the 2010 will stay in Cameron - FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Nobody gets our trophy. Someone else might win the 2011 trophy but the 2010 will stay in Cameron - FOREVER!
    Well then, bump forever.

Okay, why isn't this just a sticky? Come on, moderators; this should be a sticky until someone else wins the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Well then, bump forever.

Okay, why isn't this just a sticky? Come on, moderators; this should be a sticky until someone else wins the title.
    I think it's more fun to actively bump the thread to keep it alive then keep it as a sticky.

Also a bump needs some fun with it, so:

http://www.youtube.com/user/dukeblue.../0/Jr-NyZdDlos

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    I actually disagree. Coach K always says we aren't "defending anything." Its a new season, pursuing a new goal. I'll always remember this past championship, just like all the others (especially b/c this was my first one in person), but I think once the new season starts -- call that whatever date you want -- I think of it as "next play."

For me, come Oct 15, its time to get another one.

Next Play

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    I actually disagree. Coach K always says we aren't "defending anything." Its a new season, pursuing a new goal. I'll always remember this past championship, just like all the others (especially b/c this was my first one in person), but I think once the new season starts -- call that whatever date you want -- I think of it as "next play."
    For me, come Oct 15, its time to get another one.
    Or in the words of Jay-Z (also my theme song to the ride home from Indianapolis):

"ON TO THE NEXT ONE"

Next Play..#5

Quote Originally Posted by CharlestonDevil View Post
    Or in the words of Jay-Z (also my theme song to the ride home from Indianapolis):

"ON TO THE NEXT ONE"
    How nice it would be to reward Kyle & Nolan another title for returning and give Coach K his next one. From what I've read recently, Kyrie is just as hungry for his first. Go Duke!

Bump. The Squad + G. Hill + Cameron = Awesome Pic.

Edit: We're missing our RoboSingler, half man, half machine, and 100% Duke.
    Last edited by DevilHorns; 10-06-2010 at 07:06 PM.

Talking One Game at a Time, Guys

Quote Originally Posted by CharlestonDevil View Post

"ON TO THE NEXT ONE"
    One game at a time. There is no predicting what happens in the NCAA playoffs. Duke has been national #1 AP five times in the past 12 years -- years in which Duke was arguably the best team in the country during the regular season. Three of those times we lost in the round of 16 (ain't "sweet" as far as I'm concerned): 2000, 2002, and 2006. Once we went to the finals (1999) and once we won (2001). This year we were AP #4 in the final poll but made it happen.

I want to see a really good team on the court, maybe a dominant one, playing well every game. Then we can take our chances with March (and April).

sagegrouse
    'Hope this doesn't sound like a lecture. Well, "grouse" is part of my name'

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorns View Post

Hmmm....interesting aspect of that picture (thanks for posting by the way)

Kyrie looks a shade taller than Nolan, Tyler, and Seth...close in height to Andre. Is Kyrie maybe 6'3" or better?

Can we get the cinder block experts to help analyze...maybe if we knew the exact dimensions of each riser of the bleachers in the background??

Does the guy on the right have any eligibility left. Of course he may only get to play about 10 minutes a game given the other talent on this team.

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    Does the guy on the right have any eligibility left. Of course he may only get to play about 10 minutes a game given the other talent on this team.
    I was thinking maybe he could play a little when Kyle was out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    'Hope this doesn't sound like a lecture. Well, "grouse" is part of my name'
    1999 was the only lecture I will ever need. But the excitement of seeing Duke back in their "true form", high energy, up tempo, althetic and talented, is making me anxious to see how far K can take these guys. And in K's own words he is "starving" for another championship (see DBP video posted yesterday).

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorns View Post

Kyrie is enormous! I always thought he was a little bit scrawny (for a future NBA player), but he now looks significantly larger than Nolan! Damn...
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

This is a good one to get abck to the top.

Great pic !

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    This is a good one to get abck to the top.
    This looks like a bunch of guys who are READY TO ROCK !!!
    Kick in KYLE -- and you know what? -- we may HAVE SOMETHING HERE !!! I cannot WAIT !! GO DUKE !!!