Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

am i the only one

who can't seem to focus today?
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Quote Originally Posted by steven52682 View Post
    who can't seem to focus today?
    Nope, it's impossible. I couldn't even focus last night! It's going to be fun in Indy tonight!

Nope, I can't seem to get anything done at work today. I've been on the internet all morning reading stuff about the game tonight!! I should have called in sick today.

Ditto

I need to work in the yard...or something else physical/productive. Am a nervous wreck and cannot focus at all.

Yep, you're the only one. I'm at work and have no trouble focusing on the job at hand and keeping things in proper order.

Oh wait, I'm posting on a DBR bulletin board.

Never mind.

I'm focused - on tonight's game

In Indy & have my Gameface on

Have been in Indy since Friday afternoon. Its Gameday, and I have my Gameface on. Gonna put the car in "D" for DUKE, and Drive to Lucas Oil Stadium from the hotel. Going to Bracketown again, and eat dinner downtown. Pep rally at Buffalo Wild Wings this afternoon. I am focused and determinded!!! GO DUKE!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ReformedAggie View Post
    I'm focused - on tonight's game
    What he said, it's a big game today, I feel confident, but at the same time, you never know.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Class today is not going to be productive...
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

I just found out today my boss who has made my life miserable here for two years and cut me to part-time recently when I have a family and a baby on the way just got fired.

I immediately am moved back to full time and have the chance to shine and move up after all the hard work and crap I have put up with.

Add a Duke Championship to that tonight and this has been one HELL of a day!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Blue Devil View Post
    I just found out today my boss who has made my life miserable here for two years and cut me to part-time recently when I have a family and a baby on the way just got fired.

I immediately am moved back to full time and have the chance to shine and move up after all the hard work and crap I have put up with.

Add a Duke Championship to that tonight and this has been one HELL of a day!!!
    Congratulations! Isn't it great when you actually get to see time wound all heals (heels?)?

Regarding the title the thread: Squirrel!

I am VERY focused today at work.

Here's the deal: I'm a learning support WRITING teacher for 6-8 graders and my students have been very hard at work with our current writing assignment.

The students are writing paragraphs defining March Madness and its craziness. They then must predict the winner of tonight's game and give reasons (statistical and opinionated) as to why they picked that team.

Like I said, I am TOTALLY focused on my job today!

Relax, folks. Take a deep breath. Tonight will be fun! We're going to shoot well and this will be just like all our last nine games. Tight early, with a slight lead, then we'll move out in the second half. We'll play ball control (not stall ball) starting about the 8 minute mark and win comfortable by 12 to 15 points. #4, here comes DUKE!

So it is written, so it shall be.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Relax, folks. Take a deep breath. Tonight will be fun! We're going to shoot well and this will be just like all our last nine games. Tight early, with a slight lead, then we'll move out in the second half. We'll play ball control (not stall ball) starting about the 8 minute mark and win comfortable by 12 to 15 points. #4, here comes DUKE!

So it is written, so it shall be.
    Thanks Coach. haha

I was COUNTING ON watching St Louis Cardinal opening day baseball:

APPARENTLY, ESPN decided they would rather talk about the BLEEPING McNabb trade. I dont understand it: ESPN says its showingthe Cardinals, but Im getting the ESPN news feed, and the game is not on any local channels...

...anyone know whats up? Already missed Pujols homer =(

The only thing that helps me get by is thinking "it'll be #4." And when my UNC friends say UNC has 5 I'll say "no #4 for Coach K."

I know that will eat them up. That is why it has to be #4 tonight. For Nolan and his dad, in Indy and Coach K. Twice a better than any UNC coach.

Whatever gets me bye I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by theAlaskanBear View Post
    I was COUNTING ON watching St Louis Cardinal opening day baseball:

APPARENTLY, ESPN decided they would rather talk about the BLEEPING McNabb trade. I dont understand it: ESPN says its showingthe Cardinals, but Im getting the ESPN news feed, and the game is not on any local channels...

...anyone know whats up? Already missed Pujols homer =(
    I am watching it in Durham, NC on Time Warner Cable on ESPN...

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Dingleberry View Post
    I am watching it in Durham, NC on Time Warner Cable on ESPN...
    We have time warner cable in Charlotte, but they are streaming ESPN news.

ESPN goes with whatever pays the bills the best...

Off-season NFL news > Opening Day MLB (In Charlotte, appartently)

I guess since Charlotte has the Panthers it is deemed a NFL town, hence you get the McNabb garbage...ugh...You can always get mlb.tv and watch the games on your computer...It works very well, it is how I watch my SF Giants all year. every year...It is like $20/month or $120/year...You get pretty much every single MLB game, except games with blackout restrictions (local games or FOX games)

Full on anxious fussing mode. Strolled around this business park north of Indy and then some Mexican food for lunch (just like Houston routine last week.)
    Time to take it easy, rest up, chill, focus and then begin the prep for tonight.

Arrgghhh, who am I kidding? I'm completely insane.