Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

am i the only one

who can't seem to focus today?
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Quote Originally Posted by steven52682 View Post
    Nope, it's impossible. I couldn't even focus last night! It's going to be fun in Indy tonight!

Nope, I can't seem to get anything done at work today. I've been on the internet all morning reading stuff about the game tonight!! I should have called in sick today.

Ditto

I need to work in the yard...or something else physical/productive. Am a nervous wreck and cannot focus at all.

Yep, you're the only one. I'm at work and have no trouble focusing on the job at hand and keeping things in proper order.

Oh wait, I'm posting on a DBR bulletin board.

Never mind.

I'm focused - on tonight's game

Forget it

My boss told me to take the day off, because of Easter and because he knew I wouldn't be worth a darn today...lol...

I am a huge SF Giants fan, so their opener will help tide me over, but that is seven hours away...

A Tar Heel fan asked me if I wanted to go play golf, but I turned him down...I can't be hanging out with a Heel on a day like this!

LGD!!!

In Indy & have my Gameface on

Have been in Indy since Friday afternoon. Its Gameday, and I have my Gameface on. Gonna put the car in "D" for DUKE, and Drive to Lucas Oil Stadium from the hotel. Going to Bracketown again, and eat dinner downtown. Pep rally at Buffalo Wild Wings this afternoon. I am focused and determinded!!! GO DUKE!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ReformedAggie View Post
    I'm focused - on tonight's game
    What he said, it's a big game today, I feel confident, but at the same time, you never know.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Class today is not going to be productive...
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

I just found out today my boss who has made my life miserable here for two years and cut me to part-time recently when I have a family and a baby on the way just got fired.

I immediately am moved back to full time and have the chance to shine and move up after all the hard work and crap I have put up with.

Add a Duke Championship to that tonight and this has been one HELL of a day!!!

I have some low-IQ things to knock off at work, then I'm leaving a couple hours early to drive down to Indy. I intentionally didn't schedule anything intellectually demanding for today.

But I'm having a real hard time even writing this post. Lots of misspellings and stuff. Reminds me of being back at school on Championship Monday. (We were in three title games.)

Too unfocused here to work the office microwave! I go by degrees from being nervily confident to scared-out-of-my-wits.

Fortunately, most of the population thinks we're off for Easter Monday so there isn't much going on. Rational legal opinions from this Duke Law grad will not be forthcoming today...

I'm trying to accomplish (with much difficulty) a few important back burner type things today. I'm only superstitious during the tourney but what the hey, if things go well tonight I'm hoping that in turn bodes well for these other tasks.

Talking

i cant seem to get anything done but we are going to the gym shortly to blow off this stress before the game. I really am not nervous as i have alot of faith in our boys to bring this thing home.

I have a lovely paper due tomorrow morning, and I've spent the past few days watching and analyzing basketball. Not going well. The price I pay for Duke basketball...

I'm struggling. I'm also depressed that I can't just make the short drive down to Indy to join the action. Stupid work.

Losing It.

I was not mentally prepared this season to be playing on Monday night. All year, I was hoping for a tough run at the Final Four. After winning on Saturday and realizing where we are, I have gotten little uninterupted sleep. I can't believe we're playing on Monday night. How did Zoubs and Nolan get so damn good, and continue to get better? This team reminds me of the Duke of old when we would peak going into March.

I am just sitting here and reading every damn link up on DBR. I ran out of links, so I came to the message board.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Blue Devil View Post
    I just found out today my boss who has made my life miserable here for two years and cut me to part-time recently when I have a family and a baby on the way just got fired.

I immediately am moved back to full time and have the chance to shine and move up after all the hard work and crap I have put up with.

Add a Duke Championship to that tonight and this has been one HELL of a day!!!
    Congratulations! Isn't it great when you actually get to see time wound all heals (heels?)?

Regarding the title the thread: Squirrel!

Quote Originally Posted by steven52682 View Post
    Most definitely, not.