Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I am VERY focused today at work.

Here's the deal: I'm a learning support WRITING teacher for 6-8 graders and my students have been very hard at work with our current writing assignment.

The students are writing paragraphs defining March Madness and its craziness. They then must predict the winner of tonight's game and give reasons (statistical and opinionated) as to why they picked that team.

Like I said, I am TOTALLY focused on my job today!

Good graces, I'm playing computer games and I can't even focus on that!

Are they warming up yet? (12:26 pm CST)

Relax, folks. Take a deep breath. Tonight will be fun! We're going to shoot well and this will be just like all our last nine games. Tight early, with a slight lead, then we'll move out in the second half. We'll play ball control (not stall ball) starting about the 8 minute mark and win comfortable by 12 to 15 points. #4, here comes DUKE!

So it is written, so it shall be.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Relax, folks. Take a deep breath. Tonight will be fun! We're going to shoot well and this will be just like all our last nine games. Tight early, with a slight lead, then we'll move out in the second half. We'll play ball control (not stall ball) starting about the 8 minute mark and win comfortable by 12 to 15 points. #4, here comes DUKE!

Thanks Coach. haha

I was COUNTING ON watching St Louis Cardinal opening day baseball:

APPARENTLY, ESPN decided they would rather talk about the BLEEPING McNabb trade. I dont understand it: ESPN says its showingthe Cardinals, but Im getting the ESPN news feed, and the game is not on any local channels...

...anyone know whats up? Already missed Pujols homer =(

The only thing that helps me get by is thinking "it'll be #4." And when my UNC friends say UNC has 5 I'll say "no #4 for Coach K."

I know that will eat them up. That is why it has to be #4 tonight. For Nolan and his dad, in Indy and Coach K. Twice a better than any UNC coach.

Whatever gets me bye I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by theAlaskanBear View Post
    I was COUNTING ON watching St Louis Cardinal opening day baseball:

APPARENTLY, ESPN decided they would rather talk about the BLEEPING McNabb trade. I dont understand it: ESPN says its showingthe Cardinals, but Im getting the ESPN news feed, and the game is not on any local channels...

...anyone know whats up? Already missed Pujols homer =(
    I am watching it in Durham, NC on Time Warner Cable on ESPN...

Congrats!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Blue Devil View Post
    I just found out today my boss who has made my life miserable here for two years and cut me to part-time recently when I have a family and a baby on the way just got fired.

I immediately am moved back to full time and have the chance to shine and move up after all the hard work and crap I have put up with.

Add a Duke Championship to that tonight and this has been one HELL of a day!!!
    Props on the schaedenfreude good news on your part. Hopefully the Devils will double your day of good fortune.

I also got good news today, I'm getting my first peer-reviewed article published, it was finally accepted after 3 revisions.

Keep the good news rolling for us Blue Devils, Diablos Azules, Diabos Azuis!!!!

I want to vomit, honestly. I don't know if I can watch the game tonight. I was too nervous to watch the 2001 game and I kinda regret that, but...I don't know. I had a bad feeling about Saturday and Duke played excellent. I just don't know if they can play that well two games in a row. Butler is dangerous and I think they are going to try to trap Jon to force TOs. The crowd is going to be so against us. At least tomorrow, its over, win or lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Dingleberry View Post
    I am watching it in Durham, NC on Time Warner Cable on ESPN...
    We have time warner cable in Charlotte, but they are streaming ESPN news.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post

From your lips to the BB gods' ears Oz!

ESPN goes with whatever pays the bills the best...

Off-season NFL news > Opening Day MLB (In Charlotte, appartently)

I guess since Charlotte has the Panthers it is deemed a NFL town, hence you get the McNabb garbage...ugh...You can always get mlb.tv and watch the games on your computer...It works very well, it is how I watch my SF Giants all year. every year...It is like $20/month or $120/year...You get pretty much every single MLB game, except games with blackout restrictions (local games or FOX games)

Talking At Least You Get to Watch it Live

At least you guys get to watch it in real time. I have to chair a church meeting tonight - no way to get out of it...

So I will be watching on DVR starting at 9:30. No sports bar, no championship game party. Hopefully the rest of you will already be celebrating, but I'll still be "in suspense". If I see fireworks going off all over Medford, that will let the cat out of the bag, of course!

Woe is me, but if Duke wins I can live with that!

Neal

Full on anxious fussing mode. Strolled around this business park north of Indy and then some Mexican food for lunch (just like Houston routine last week.)
    Time to take it easy, rest up, chill, focus and then begin the prep for tonight.

Arrgghhh, who am I kidding? I'm completely insane.

it's like being a kid, night before christmas

My Work Day

Things I've accomplished today (after a sleepless night): review every article about the game on any site I could find, briefly panic about the $15 mil. the Nets want to throw at K, looked up the box scores to the '99 and '01 championship games (am I allowed to bring up '99 on this board?), debated whether Singler or Howard has the better facial hair, run a statistical comparison on tonight's three referees, check DBR for updates every 4.2 minutes, found enough comparisons to convince me Duke should be filling the role of the Hickory Huskers tonight as opposed to Butler, and looked up mock draft rankings on Duke and Butler prospects. Anyone have any ideas on how to fill up my afternoon?

Getting lots of "feedback" on the blue devil polo at work today. Mostly Carolina country here in WNC

I'm a wreck

I'm busy enough here at work, and I'm getting some distractions, but as soon as each meeting gets over, I'm back to all fidgety and very distracted.

I feel like a kid waiting for summer vacation. The clock's moving backwards, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDevil View Post
    run a statistical comparison on tonight's three referees
    What type of information did your research generate?

MLB is my distraction all day...Currently watching the Dodgers/Pirates on MLB.TV...

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Dingleberry View Post
    ESPN goes with whatever pays the bills the best...

Off-season NFL news > Opening Day MLB (In Charlotte, appartently)

I guess since Charlotte has the Panthers it is deemed a NFL town, hence you get the McNabb garbage...ugh...You can always get mlb.tv and watch the games on your computer...It works very well, it is how I watch my SF Giants all year. every year...It is like $20/month or $120/year...You get pretty much every single MLB game, except games with blackout restrictions (local games or FOX games)
    Yeah, MLB tv would be great if I didnt have Cable, but I have to split my bill with my roommate (so I cant just cancel it, because she uses it) and as a student, cable+MLBtv is a little too much to handle right now. I'm hoping that after the Woods pressconference they will cut to the game, but who am I kidding...

gonna try to do some schoolwork to keep my mind busy.