Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by stickdog View Post
    That's cool, I started that what seems eons ago now. We need a link to the story for better reference..but 2 things are obvious.
    1. His "hands" have vastly improved this season since then, and he is in more control. I never see him dribbling any more.
    2. His slimming down helped tons. He has figured out the best way to use his body, and his increased mobility is due to the effort he put in the weight room.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Zoubekmania

Just heard an interview with John Thompson (II) on the radio. Regarding Zoubek:

"He's the period that ends all sentences. There's no longer a question mark whatsoever."

zoo will simply GO OFF tonight....he has the perfect situation for him to just unleash and control....and he will.....if you think your opinion of him is high now, wait until the night is done....he is going to be a monster against butler....they have absolutely nothing or nobody to throw at him....

With three offensive rebounds he either ties or breaks the season record at duke.

Zoubek is now listed on Draftexpress as a late 2nd round pick.

Unusual Zoubek Stat

From an article in today's NY Times (Sports pg. 3):

Unusual Zoubek stat, lol:

"He is so physical that his own teammates have received more than 100 stitches from blows that he has doled out in practice."

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    I find it highly amuzing and gratifying to see some of the Zoubek haters from seasons past (and early in this season) stepping up and eating bits of crow. He proved you all wrong. That foul machine that shouldn't see the floor has become a "dominating" big man who is the difference in out final four run.

Although the most tasty bits of crow are being snapped up, there is still plenty to be had. So anyone who posted that Zoubek shouldn't start or that Miles or Mason should be getting more minutes than Z, let's hear you now.

Yeah, I know, most won't admit it. Which makes those that have even more impressive, props to you guys - credibility intact.

This might also be a good thread for those to fess up who doubted Wojo's ability to coach big men or questioned Coach K's line up or substitution pattern. Aw hell, those who thought K was overplaying Scheyer to the point of exhaustion can get in line too.

We probably have a better chance of seeing Santa Claus in line with the Easter Bunny and a classy fan from the WVU student section!
    I hope you'll consider revisiting this thread after the game this evening, so that you might revise your unfortunate choice of words, "Zoubek haters." I think that the vast majority of Z-critiques were in the spirit of constructive, if frustrated, criticism. One or two were over the top, but not many.

Heaven knows all of us, probably literally every poster, might remind fellow and sister posters of some side of a debate that we were right about. You [and others, not you alone] proved wonderfully prescient re Z. But even Z's critics were correct that he needed to work on keeping the ball up, limit fouls, etc. That he emerged mid-season is cause for celebration, not "friendly fire."

So, I guess I'll eat a little crow- but very little, as the way you've served it up is rather unappetizing - re Z, for I would never have imagined him becoming the glue he's become.

I'm gonna pass on the crow re Wojo's bona fides and the whole multi-thread argument re overplaying 3-S. I personally avoided those threads, fearing death by friendly fire.

Please do at least consider revising that word "haters." Please.

nice read on Z

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/tourna...ana&id=5055071

it's a nice story about Z's career at Duke, with a few errors thrown in. But there are some really nice pics of Z getting nasty!!!

Z had one of the most clutch sequences right at the end, grabbing the board and making a FT. Pulled down 10rebs and was just a massive presence all night. You're a National Champion now big man!!!! Well done!!!

ZOUBERMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!Yeah

Z you are the freaking man!! Never seen a player improve so much...bless you my man, congrats on the title!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Zman! I thought it was a huge mistake to purposely miss that second FT, but it turned out OK!!! Whew!!!

DUKE IS KING - AGAIN!!!!

great challenge on that Hayward shot. National champs baby!!!!

I LOVE ZOUBEK !!!!!!!!!!! Yeah baby

Zoubs, great defense on the shot. I would have settled for you making that last FT but GREAT GAME and CONGRATS. I LOVE THIS DUKE TEAM!

Zoubek what a way to finish your college b-ball career

Zoubek with the hand in Heywards face with 4 fouls. Can you believe it. Perfect.

In the end it was defense. I love this Duke team.

Brian Zoubek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

I love you, man!

Happy 22nd Birthday, Brian Zoubek!

Thank you for the best party favor a Duke fan could ask for: