Another baseball venue for Duke

From Duke press release

"The Duke baseball team will move its upcoming March 3 baseball game against Xavier, the March 8-9 games against Quinnipiac and the April 16-18 ACC series versus Florida State to the USA Baseball National Training Complex in Cary, N.C., team officials announced on Monday.

The venue change moves all six games from their original site of Jack Coombs Field, located on the West Campus of Duke University.

The start time for the Wednesday, March 3 game against Xavier also has been pushed back to 4 p.m. That game was originally slated for 3 p.m.

Both Quinnipiac games will begin at their original times of 3 p.m.

There will be no charge for admission to the March 3 game against Xavier or the March 8-9 games against Quinnipiac.

The Florida State series begins with a 6 p.m. game on Friday, April 16, and continues with a 2 p.m. meeting on April 17 and a 1 p.m. finale on April 18. Admission to the Florida State games will be $5 for adults and $3 for children. Duke students and staff members receive free admission with a Duke ID."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I thought they were playing all of their games at the DBAP this year..so it's only some of them?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    From Duke press release

The venue change moves all six games from their original site of Jack Coombs Field, located on the West Campus of Duke University.
    What does this say about the future of the Coombs Field facility?

It's certainly nothing fancy, but was a convenient, pleasant place to catch a ball game back in the day; of course, this goes back to the 1970's when a blanket on the hill and a cooler with adult beverages was permitted.

I wrote this before the Fordham series but it should give you some background.

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...CLID=204894808

The Duke Baseball team changed its mascot to the "Blue Demons"

http://www.cavalierdaily.com/2010/04...-take-on-duke/

Speaking of venues, Duke is playing a doubeheader next week against Presbyterian at the old Bulls Park. They added lots of games at the USA Baseball Complex in Cary and played one game at Coombs.

I think Duke may have set an NCAA record this season, playing its home games at four different places. They actually played at two different fields on the same complex in Cary, so maybe we can call it five.