Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ryan Kelly

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    Since when has transfer become a four letter word? The man voiced an OPINION and suddenly everyone wants to tar and feather him.

A quality education was on the line for both Taylor and Olek and both of them walked away.

Several posters have mentioned Ryan needed to bulk up, well what happens if he can't as someone has already mentioned? If his lack of bulk is the primary reason his playing time has been limited, do you think he really wants to sit on the bench for four years if he can't get bigger/stronger?
    It is a 4-Letter word to me because people toss it out there all the time with nothing to base it on other than their own perceptions and the fact that a freshman is not getting 30 minutes a game. And DBR does have a rule against rumor-mongering. I just think it is wrong to toss that word out there unless the player or someone close to him has confirmed a kid is contemplating doing so.

Not all freshman are ready to contribute right away. Yet time and time again if a player isn't getting the PT a fan thinks he should they immediately start saying he will transfer.

Players are different and they develop on different timelines. And not all of them are too impatient to wait their turn. Olek and Taylor wanted big minutes before their games were ready for it. One gave it 1 year, the other 1.5 years. Not a lot of patience in either case. That is why Marty Clark is one of my all time favorite Duke players. The guy worked hard, sat on the pine most all of his first 2 years and by the time he was a Sr he found himself a solid spot in the rotation on a team that played for a National Title. I wish there were more kids like him.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    I think we've covered enough ground in this thread, and we're drifting into bad territory, so I am closing it.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”