Charlie Rose running piece on Coach K tmw

On PBS tomorrow, Charlie Rose will be running a story on Coach K. It's typically on at 11 PM on PBS. Promises to be a good one. Enjoy.

The show will re-air on Friday on Bloomberg at 8 and 10 PM.

For those not aware, Charlie is a Duke Grad (IRRC, Trinity '65 & Law '68) and is a native of Henderson, NC.

I'm watching K on Charlie Rose right now. It is absolutely wonderful, funny, but mostly chock full of real insight into the way K does things. He does lots of really interesting stuff.

If you can catch this replay on any media, do so. I promise you will love it. You will admire K even more than you do right this second. Even more. I promise.

I'm gonna make it easy for you: http://www.charlierose.com/view/interview/10946

You really don't want to miss this. It's not an old interview; done Wed on campus.

I think it's also on Bloomberg TV tonight [Fri] at 8 and 10.

Also, TV alert for this [Fri] aft: looks like the NCAA FF pressers are on ESPNU from 1-3.

Great video! Thanks for posting it.

I'm really surprised they only practice about an hr a day this whole week (outside of tape, and walk throughs).

It was wonderful, the bit about explaining to Kyle about talking to himself to get his play out of his head and shoulders (thereby inviting foul calls) and into his lower body and feet. K is incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    It was wonderful, the bit about explaining to Kyle about talking to himself to get his play out of his head and shoulders (thereby inviting foul calls) and into his lower body and feet. K is incredible.
    That was a very nice interview. I believe what he was telling Kyle was to talk and communicate to the other players to "get outside of himself" which is excellent advice. Think about it, if you are engaged in communicating with your teammates it is very difficult to be thinking about what just went wrong. You can tell when players start to shut down, they stop that communication and wall others off. I had not heard about that technique before. There is a reason why K is such an excellent coach and leader.

Wow. That's awesome.
    ~rthomas

Great interview. I saw Jay Bilas a couple of nights ago, but I forgot to set my Tivo for this interview with Coach K.

It also led me to this great interview with Shane Battier from 2001 that I don't remember seeing before. I wonder how many MVPs, while being interviewed after winning an NCAA championship, talk about being influenced by Shaolin monks from Tibet, and how the peace flowing through his chi helped him score 27 points?

Nitpick:

Shaolin Monks are not from Tibet.

Shaolin is a Buddhist temple located in central China hundreds of miles away from Tibet.

Just a terrific interview. Coach K is the best, and it's hard to imagine anyone better than Charlie Rose to ask the questions.

I'd play for the man.

Thanks for posting this. Great interview.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”