Jay Bilas picks us!

From his espn chat session yesterday (so not an April Fools joke). He got pretty snippy at times, but dropped this:

Duke should win this thing, now that the Final Four is set. I thought that the only team in the South that could beat Duke was Villanova, but the Wildcats lost. Now, the only team that can beat Duke is West Virginia, but I don't think that the Mountaineers will win. I like Duke to cut the nets down.
    http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/31653

Darn Jay!! Just when we don't want him to pick us he does! He hates us!

Also from the chat:

Does this Duke team remind you of the 1986 team you were on? Loaded with seniors that had worked hard to achieve success and paid off with a trip to the FF and 3 points away from a title. (I was 8 and am still crushed by that loss to Louisville)
    Jay Bilas
    (2:45 PM)

No. The 1986 team was WAY better than this one, except that guy in the middle. The 1986 team had a really lousy player in the post. But, Dawkins, Amaker, Alarie, Henderson, Ferry, King, Snyder, and Strickland would have knocked this team out. And, think of all of the young girls that would have go crazy over the short shorts if they were brought back.

I lol-ed.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    From his espn chat session yesterday (so not an April Fools joke). He got pretty snippy at times, but dropped this:

Wow - it sure must be getting cold in hell today...
    Say what you will about Jay, he is a pretty sharp wit, and quick with the comebacks. Even if I think he sometimes leans away from Duke in an effort to establish credibility - what does that say about other ESPN ("homer") talking heads like Scott and Davis? - he does represent the University well as a terrific, smart example/role model.

That was an interesting FF chat. But it isn't like anyone's going out on a limb picking Duke at this point... (I'd have been more impressed at someone doing it 3 weeks ago!) Now, Vegas and Sagarin, et al seem to all be leaning Duke's way. In any event, this should be a great FF, with any of the four easily capable of winniing two games this weekend.

A great time to be a fan!!!!!

In a similarly shocking vein, you might want to check out a replay of today's Mike and Mike in the Morning. They talked about Duke hate. Oh, Doug Gottlieb sat in for one of the Mikes. Suffice it to say, you'll be surprised where he came out on the issue and strongly.

"It's a trap" Admiral Ackbar

"We're Doomed" C3P0

Quote Originally Posted by RelativeWays View Post
    "It's a trap" Admiral Ackbar

"We're Doomed" C3P0
    "I'm glad you're here to tell us these things...Take [him] in the back and plug him into the hyperdrive." Han Solo

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    "I'm glad you're here to tell us these things...Take [him] in the back and plug him into the hyperdrive." Han Solo
    "Traveling through [the Final Four] ain't like dusting crops, boy! Without precise calculations we could fly right through a star, or bounce too close to a supernova and that'd end your trip real quick, wouldn't it?" Han Solo

Quote Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
    In a similarly shocking vein, you might want to check out a replay of today's Mike and Mike in the Morning. They talked about Duke hate. Oh, Doug Gottlieb sat in for one of the Mikes. Suffice it to say, you'll be surprised where he came out on the issue and strongly.
    you can find it on ESPN radio at 37:50 min mark

Final Four Wars

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    "Traveling through [the Final Four] ain't like dusting crops, boy! Without precise calculations we could fly right through a star, or bounce too close to a supernova and that'd end your trip real quick, wouldn't it?" Han Solo
    This was a bad idea. I can do this all day.

NCAA Tournament Quotes

Jon Scheyer: "I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

Wojo: "Get in there, Zoubek! I don't care what you smell!"

Andre Dawkins: "Got 'im! I got 'im!"
    Nolan Smith: "Great, kid. Don't get cocky."

Bob Huggins: "You just watch yourself. We're wanted men. I have the death sentence on twelve systems."

Tom Izzo: "If you strike us down, we shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."

Brad Stevens: "I'm Brad Stevens. I'm here to rescue the Final Four."
    Viewers: "You're who?"

Nate James (scouting WV's Jonnie West): "He has too much of his father in him."
    Chris Collins: "That's what I'm afraid of."

Da'Sean Butler (on West Virginia): "If there's a bright center to the universe, you're in the state that it's farthest from."

Jim Nantz (on John Wooden): "That wizard is just a crazy old man."

Ali Farokhmanesh: "But don't worry; we will deal with your Rebel friends soon enough."

Dick Vitale (to Digger Phelps): "Help! I think I'm melting! This is all your fault!"

John Calipari: "Listen, if you were to make the Final Four, the reward would be..."
    DeMarcus Cousins: "What?"
    John Calipari: "Well, more wealth than you can imagine!"
    DeMarcus Cousins: "I don't know, I can imagine quite a bit."

Bonus NIT Coverage

John Henson: "Do you know what's going on?"
    Dexter Strickland: "Maybe it's another drill."

Roy Williams: "We seem to be made to suffer. It's our lot in life."

Quote Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
    Gottlieb has said plenty of very positive things about Duke (I assume you're saying it was shocking to hear him say something positive?). So if he did defend Duke this morning, I wouldn't be all that shocked.

He likes to (very bluntly) call it like he sees it. Often, he doesn't see it Duke's way, and because of that he's gotten a bad name here. Well, that and because he's fairly smug and snarky in general. But he's definitely been complimentary of Duke plenty of times.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post

Ha ha...you almost got me...this must be another April Fools Prank.

Carey ((NY) )
    Some people are saying Boeheim caused the Cuse the game agaisnt butler? How do you feel?

Jay Bilas
    (2:43 PM)
    I feel great. A little tired, and I am just getting over a cold, but I feel great. Thanks for asking.
    Hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by magjayran View Post
    Hilarious
    HAHAHAHA.

Jay can be a little blunt and arrogant at times as well...oh well, it was a dumb question

Duke's on the radar when I check the weather

?

Quote Originally Posted by G man View Post
    you can find it on ESPN radio at 37:50 min mark
    maybe i am a big idiot but i couldn't find the full length show on espnradio. I could get to the best of mike and mike, etc, but it didn't seem to have the clip you were referring to. do you have a link for how to get there?

Thanks