Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by FishStick View Post
    Before I realized the post was a joke, I felt bad for disliking Roy as much as I do. Now I can hate him freely again.
    i was the same! i read it late last night and completely believed it and then felt really bad for hating so much on roy this year (some of his quotes this year have taken away really any respect i had for him). i don't know if i am now happy that i get to go back to hating him or sad that that's one less respectable person in this world

Quote Originally Posted by delfrio View Post
    The best part would be if the article was picked up and people actually put pressure on Roy to do this.

I would love that! Or if someone congratulated him after reading the article.

He would announce it this way:

"Roy Williams read this article about Roy Williams, " said Roy Williams. "And Roy Williams has decided to abide by what fake Roy Williams did."

Very well done! In retrospect, I should have picked up on the fact that FWilliams spoke 20 sentences without using dadgum.

I read through twice trying to find the April Fool's article for the year when I saw this thread. Can't believe I didn't see it for what it was.

Kudos DBR.
    "There can BE only one."

so the UNC grad picked up on it before the Duke folks, hmmmmmm

See, that's why I believed it. :(

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    It's because all of the quotes are what a completely normal person in this situation should say. Giving up the salary may be a stretch, but taking responsibility, poking fun at yourself for saying dumb things, etc should be expected.

What's truly unbelievable is what a maroon Roy actually is.
    Hi,

I even thought, "Wow, this must be what the UNC brass saw in this guy when they hired him. The powers that be at UNC must be really glad they are now going to get the coach they hoped for." I should know by now Ole Roy would never step to the plate. I still feel foolish for defending Roy thinking the media had distorted his quotes about Haiti.

GO DUKE!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetHurleyFan View Post
    But your a closet Hurley fan and therefore, ahem, smart!

Reminds me of the year you posted the article of Jordan becoming new Carolina coach
    When was this? I remember about 10 years ago cnnsi or sportingnews putting up a similar April Fool's joke on their front page that got me.

You guys have a better understanding of Roy's character so it's natural you'd see through reports that he'd taken responsibility for this season.

Quote Originally Posted by gus View Post
    I should have been a little suspicious and topeka'd the story.
    Topeka'd - well played.

April Fools Day

Dadgum it. hehehe Ole Roy and the boys play for the Nit 2nt.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyFan View Post
    When was this? I remember about 10 years ago cnnsi or sportingnews putting up a similar April Fool's joke on their front page that got me.

It was before Roy came back, about time Doherty imploded. First of all, they had the whole site Carolina blue, which should have tipped you off. And when you clicked on the link they posted, the whole background disappeared into a little message in the middle of screen that said "Happy April Fools Day". It was really funny, even for a Carolina fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaware View Post
    But your a closet Hurley fan and therefore, ahem, smart!
    And let me tell you, when you attended UNC during the Laettner back to back era, as a Carolina fan you really had to stay in the closet about your Hurley admiration. I tell everyone, you dont know Duke hatred at its peak unless you were a Carolina undergrad during the Laettner era. If UNC hadnt won it all in 1993, I may have had to pack it all in.

Purple Rules!

Now get a look at this one from the LSU Web site!

http://tinyurl.com/y9t6ywp

sagegrouse

Double sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    *sigh*

I believed every word of it. I am a moron.
    Not only did I believe every word of it, but I went on Inside Carolina looking for the Carolina Fan's reaction to it.

I am a double moron
    DukeDevilDeb

And let me tell you, when you attended UNC during the Laettner back to back era, as a Carolina fan you really had to stay in the closet about your Hurley admiration. I tell everyone, you dont know Duke hatred at its peak unless you were a Carolina undergrad during the Laettner era. If UNC hadnt won it all in 1993, I may have had to pack it all in.
    As a Duke fan living in the area from that era, I remember it well... if UNC had not won it in 93, Tar Heel world may have come undone... Dean had to get a 2nd title to match K, Duke was the white knight/darling for having vanquished those thugs from UNLV, etc... UNC fans (a lot of my coworkers) felt as though all the oxygen/attention was 8 miles away. 1993 saved a lot of light blue folks from jumping off the top of the Dean Dome!

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDevilDeb View Post
    Not only did I believe every word of it, but I went on Inside Carolina looking for the Carolina Fan's reaction to it.

I am a double moron
    IC... where every day is April Fool's Day.

Roy may be crazy, but I never figured him for real stupid.

hud