Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I put on my 'special' jeans and old Duke shirt 1 hour prior to tip. I have a warmup jacket that is bad luck so nobody is allowed to open the closet it is in on game day...and not really at all this time of the year.

I also start a fire in my fireplace for every game. It's been getting warmer and warmer here so I literally cut the AC way down and fire it up...I have exactly enough wood for two more games.

I start drinking at least an hour or so before the game to settle my nerves. My wife thought it would be bad because I wouldn't be as sharp for the game, but I am literally so nervous it has no effect.

There is a watch I have when I graduated that has our three Natty Champ years on the face...bad luck, don't wear at all anymore.

Other than that, I just sit and watch and go nuts.

Man, this thread is making me superstitious...
    T '05, SOM '10

Quote Originally Posted by CLT Devil View Post
    I also start a fire in my fireplace for every game. It's been getting warmer and warmer here so I literally cut the AC way down and fire it up...I have exactly enough wood for two more games.

Other than that, I just sit and watch and go nuts.
    Charlotte weather: Sat
    Apr 3

Partly Cloudy

High of 77°

Three words for you "BURN BABY BURN"

Existential Question

Quote Originally Posted by GODUKEGO View Post
    Does anyone also have a good luck ritual etc.. before a Duke game. My wife and I right before a game, throw a Duke basketball back and forth for a certain number of times. At the beginning of the season, I looked at the schedule and considering the ACC and NCAA Tournaments, I estimated it would take 36 wins to win the Championship. So without missing we would throw the ball back and forth 36 times. At the beginning of the ACC tournament, I adjusted it to 35 times. Are we the only wackos out here??
    OK, so I have a ritual which involves wearing certain clothing while watching the game on TV. If I tape the game using my DVR and watch it after the game has finished, does the ritual work? While I don't know the result, the game has obviously been concluded, but I still feel that not doing my ritual could affect the outcome of the game (as do we all, right?). Or are rituals only worthwhile and effective in real time?
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

I discovered last year that when I wear Duke gear, it's actually detrimental to the team. So this year I wear blue jeans, blue t-shirt, and a blue pullover for the big games, but nothing Duke related. I bought this item last year:

http://images.footballfanatics.com/p..._141967_xl.jpg

and I keep it close by during games. But I never put it on during the game.

Lucky Jersey...

I have a Black jersey that I have only pulled out for a handfull of games this year.....UNC games and a couple of others that I thought were big games or must wins.
    So far, Duke has not lost while I have been wearing it. (all NCAA tourney games as well)

More importantly...I had it on this past Sunday....watched the game then had to hide in the closet with my wife and little boy as a tornado tore through our neighborhood. Our neighborhood was hit pretty hard....and ours was one of the few houses in my area without any damage....

Could the jersey work beyond just the game ???

ARo24

Quote Originally Posted by aro24 View Post
    I have a Black jersey that I have only pulled out for a handfull of games this year.....UNC games and a couple of others that I thought were big games or must wins.
    So far, Duke has not lost while I have been wearing it. (all NCAA tourney games as well)

More importantly...I had it on this past Sunday....watched the game then had to hide in the closet with my wife and little boy as a tornado tore through our neighborhood. Our neighborhood was hit pretty hard....and ours was one of the few houses in my area without any damage....

Could the jersey work beyond just the game ???

ARo24
    Knock on wood!!!

Also, I'm glad to hear your house is okay. I hope the damage done to your neighbors' homes isn't too bad and that everyone is safe.
    T '05, SOM '10

1. I must wear a Duke shirt for the day of any men's or women's games. for big games, I pull out my very old poofy Duke slippers

2. Even if I watch on TV, I have to listen to Bob Harris. I dont care that the time delay gets annoying- i grew up listening to Bob and thats how I want to listen to every duke game. The only exception is for games I am at live

3. every door in the room I am watching must be shut

4. at every timeout (particularly down the stretch) I have to go to the bathroom (more because of nerves than anything else), but I must get back before the Duke Radio Network returns. Otherwise its bad luck.

5. Hands and feet crossed. If the other team goes on a run, reverse what foot is on top and it usually helps

6. Facebook status (new tradition this year): Lets Go DUKE!!!