Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

On a lighter side!! Good Luck Rituals!!

Does anyone also have a good luck ritual etc.. before a Duke game. My wife and I right before a game, throw a Duke basketball back and forth for a certain number of times. At the beginning of the season, I looked at the schedule and considering the ACC and NCAA Tournaments, I estimated it would take 36 wins to win the Championship. So without missing we would throw the ball back and forth 36 times. At the beginning of the ACC tournament, I adjusted it to 35 times. Are we the only wackos out here??

can't talk about it...

Quote Originally Posted by GODUKEGO View Post
    Does anyone also have a good luck ritual etc.. before a Duke game. My wife and I right before a game, throw a Duke basketball back and forth for a certain number of times. At the beginning of the season, I looked at the schedule and considering the ACC and NCAA Tournaments, I estimated it would take 36 wins to win the Championship. So without missing we would throw the ball back and forth 36 times. At the beginning of the ACC tournament, I adjusted it to 35 times. Are we the only wackos out here??
    HA! That is different and pretty neat!
    I do have good luck rituals but they are pretty boring. My Facebook Status for the past 2 months (with only 1 loss in that stretch) must be posted with less than a half hour before game time and says LET'S GO! DO WORK BOYS!
    I also have a picture of Jon for my profile pic...I changed that when I started to do my statuses...so that must mean it works!

I also wear the same sweatshirt and sweatpants for every game and sit in the exact spot on my sofa. Like I said, a little boring, but I'm not changing this routine anytime soon!

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    can't talk about it...
    Too funny!!!

can't talk about it...
    Oh, THAT sounds interesting...and I'm left to speculate

i guess i'll talk about it

Before each game I close my eyes and pray to my grandfather and Duke Basketball Letterwinner, Herbert Cheek ('37).

At games I attend in person I'll wear this years shooting shirt over my signed Nolan Smith jersey and remove it prior to tip-off just like the players

We pull the sofa bed out and watch in the living room. The bed has been out for a month now =) We have our spots to sit in and our dog has to sleep in her bed next to us. During the Baylor game, she was confused because she wanted to get up and we made her go back to bed. We noticed that she had moved when Baylor had made their run and we weren't willing to risk it =)

I have to wearing the right sweatshirt. There is a specific one, and usually i switch out specific t-shirts underneath. also during the game i change something (where i'm sitting, what im drinking, anything) and the team starts playing better/worse i adjust accordingly. During the Baylor game, Duke played the worst when my bag of chips was open, so near mid point of the 2nd half i closed it and put it completely away

I dress up in all my Duke apparel on the day of a big game. I put on my Duke hat, t-shirt and/or sweatshirt, and blue and white spirit beads. I do this on game days...and days after we've won or lost. I show my Duke pride no matter what! I've been in blue so much this year that one of my students asked me why I wear blue all the time...LOL!

This past weekend I wore Duke stuff Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for good luck in the South Regional. I also brought a Duke bear in with me while I was watching the game. Today I wore my brand new Kyle Singler designed 17-0 shirt!

I have two Duke shirts left over from my time at Duke, and the last championship. I was wearing Shirt 1 for the Cal game. I then, foolishly, had Shirt 2 on for the Purdue game.

At halftime, I went and dug the shirt from the Cal game shirt out of the smelly laundry hamper and switched.

I also wore it for the Baylor game.

Thanks from the rest of you would be sufficient, cash rewards would be appropriate though.

can't talk about it...
    Ditto

I have a few Duke jerseys and I wear the same one each game as long as it is a win streak. When they lose I switch to a different jersey and the other one finally gets washed. I also do not touch the volume on my surround sound as long they are playing well. I know that is a little crazy. My dog has a ritual and that is to run and hide under the bed cause she knows I am about to start yelling and clapping. All she has to do is see me get in the seat I always sit in to watch the game and turn the surround sound up and she tucks tail and heads to the bedroom.

The ring goes on. Talk to the old fellow Tent #1er, who asks about the ring. Ring gets kissed at tip, and then at half, and anytime in between that it needs it.

That's about it.

For both Purdue and Baylor I have begun a new ritual of not sitting down for the entire game including halftime (I literally watch the game standing up, pacing, anywhere from 5-15 feet from the screen at all times). Any time anything good happens i Tigerwoods fist pump with my right arm/fist and scream. Sometimes I just scream. If I hate the call I run close to the TV and yell at the refs and yell at life in general I guess.

I dont know if thats a goodluck ritual. But this has become the new me (though there were hints of this new me during the Duke-UNC game at the Dean Dome earlier this year as I sparingly sat during that game as well).

I drink a lot of water, pace across my downstairs, and occasionally do Coach K's "Leading with the Heart" prayer.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorns View Post
    For both Purdue and Baylor I have begun a new ritual of not sitting down for the entire game including halftime (I literally watch the game standing up, pacing, anywhere from 5-15 feet from the screen at all times). Any time anything good happens i Tigerwoods fist pump with my right arm/fist and scream. Sometimes I just scream. If I hate the call I run close to the TV and yell at the refs and yell at life in general I guess.
    Keep that up, it may not be good for your health but we're winning.

I used to black out the NORTH CAROLINA on my driver's license with Sharpie during the season. I haven't done this in a few years.

On opening day of this year's ACC Tournament, on the day of our game against UAPB, and on the day of our game against Purdue, I have randomly found a penny on the ground and picked it up.

I've carried those three lucky coins with me for the past few weeks, and I'm often holding them during crunch time of our games.

Just need to randomly find one on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Relics View Post
    I used to black out the NORTH CAROLINA on my driver's license with Sharpie during the season. I haven't done this in a few years.
    DBR special: Go To Hell Carolina t-shirts 20% Off this week only. Use code: FINALFOUR

http://www.diehardthreads.com/produc...rolina-t-shirt

Final Four > NIT.
    GO TO HELL CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!

i wear the same clothes i wore during the previous win. basically, same clothes during a winning streak. suits, t-shirt and jeans, sweats, whatever. not all day, but just for the game. it's probably very beneficial that i insist on watching the games alone. perhaps i've shared a little bit too much information...haha.