All-America Teams 2010

Congrats to Jon for making the Second Team AP All America team!

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...eadlines;other

Kentucky's John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins were on the All-America team announced Monday. Joining them were Ohio State junior Evan Turner, who received all but one first-team vote, Syracuse junior Wes Johnson and Villanova senior Scottie Reynolds.

James Anderson of Oklahoma State was sixth in the balloting with 27 votes and was joined on the second team by Sherron Collins of Kansas, Greivis Vasquez of Maryland, Jon Scheyer of Duke and Da'Sean Butler of West Virginia.

The third team was Greg Monroe of Georgetown, Cole Aldrich of Kansas, Damion James of Texas, Luke Harangody of Notre Dame and Darington Hobson of New Mexico.

I dont buy Scottie Reynolds as a first team guy. He and his team fell on their faces down the stretch. He is not worthy of the honor compared to Collins/Sheyer/Vasquez.

Of the 15 players named, only two are still playing. There is a difference between being a great player and being a great team mate.

Singler should have been third team, but whatever, I don't see scottie and a first teamer at all. The stats don't match up and the way nova broke down at the end of the season should take him down a team or two.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeUsul View Post
    Kentucky's John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins were on the All-America team announced Monday. Joining them were Ohio State junior Evan Turner, who received all but one first-team vote, Syracuse junior Wes Johnson and Villanova senior Scottie Reynolds.

James Anderson of Oklahoma State was sixth in the balloting with 27 votes and was joined on the second team by Sherron Collins of Kansas, Greivis Vasquez of Maryland, Jon Scheyer of Duke and Da'Sean Butler of West Virginia.

The third team was Greg Monroe of Georgetown, Cole Aldrich of Kansas, Damion James of Texas, Luke Harangody of Notre Dame and Darington Hobson of New Mexico.
    None of these players will be back next year.

Congratulations to Jon! This honor was absolutely deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    None of these players will be back next year.
    Darington Hobson?

Greg Monroe

Has actually said he is coming back, after the loss to Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    ... Darington Hobson?
    "Darington Hobson has "no comment" on whether he will return to UNM. Not good." http://bit.ly/b48h1b

The hype around New Mexico's Darington Hobson and a possible jump to the NBA after this season has been building for weeks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cisco View Post
    Greg Monroe Has actually said he is coming back, after the loss to Ohio
    Don't think this would be a good choice. Can his draft stock get higher with another year? I think he would be taken ahead of Patterson. Let's see how it turns out.

Does anyone know how the voting works? Do positions matter? I noticed the articled stated that Cousins had 26 votes and James Anderson lead the second team with 27 votes. I found that a tad confusing.

I think it's by position although Scottie and Wall are both on the first team.

Jon makes second team All American

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    I dont buy Scottie Reynolds as a first team guy. He and his team fell on their faces down the stretch. He is not worthy of the honor compared to Collins/Sheyer/Vasquez.
    Reynolds didn't lose his shooting touch until the tournament. Scheyer lost it for the last month of the season. You can't slam Reynolds because of two games and then promote Scheyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lennies View Post
    Reynolds didn't lose his shooting touch until the tournament. Scheyer lost it for the last month of the season. You can't slam Reynolds because of two games and then promote Scheyer.
    I find it tough to give 1st team AA to a guy who played point guard and averaged 3.3 assists and 2.6 TO per game. The only advantage he has over Scheyer or Vasquez is that he shoots a higher percentage. They both more than make up for it in other areas (rebounding, assists, A/TO, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by InSpades View Post
    I find it tough to give 1st team AA to a guy who played point guard and averaged 3.3 assists and 2.6 TO per game. The only advantage he has over Scheyer or Vasquez is that he shoots a higher percentage. They both more than make up for it in other areas (rebounding, assists, A/TO, etc).
    Reynolds didn't play PG primarily. Corey Fisher was the primary PG. Think of Reynolds' role as similar to that of Nolan Smith's for us - a lot of playmaking responsibility, but primarily a scoring guard. In fact, he was basically Nolan Smith but with more efficient scoring.

Reynolds had a better run through February. But he cooled off in March. I'd have given it to Vazquez or Scheyer, or James Anderson.

scheyer 2nd team ap all american

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5037799

sorry this can be deleted, didn't see there was another thread

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Reynolds is not as good as any one of those aforementioned players.

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    Does anyone know how the voting works? Do positions matter? I noticed the articled stated that Cousins had 26 votes and James Anderson lead the second team with 27 votes. I found that a tad confusing.
    If anyone was as clueless as me, I thought I'd share what I learned from Google. It looks like they use some kinda of point system where first team votes count more than second team votes. So Anderson had more first team votes than Cousins, but less overall points.