Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

WBB Region Final: Baylor 51, Duke 48

Ok, I have to ask...

am I the only one who thinks Griner sounds like a man???
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell

WBB - Duke vs. Baylor 7PM EDT

Wanted to get a thread started on THIS Duke-Baylor match-up.

Can our ladies find a way to take it to Brittany Griner and win? Can our defense stay strong?

I know we've been winning ugly, and many worry about our offense, but lately other than against Sylvia's "evil polyester football players" (tm) I think we've won in the second half by wearing down the other team. Being in much better shape than the other team allows up to make plays late. SDSU and LSU were clearly running on empty late in the game, and Saturday it wasn't suddenly because SDSU got jet lag like the announcers thought.

Let's make it two for two for Four!

Edit: pfrduke and I obviously think alike. Please go ahead and merge in with the other thread.

Let's beat baylor twice in two days. GO DUKE

Quote Originally Posted by Welcome2DaSlopes View Post
    Let's beat baylor twice in two days. GO DUKE
    I wonder if Baylor would then develop a deep hatred of Duke that would not be forgotten for centuries to come.

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Ok, I have to ask...

Seriously, watching sportscenter right now, and Griner has a deeper voice than Tyler Hansbrough.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Ok, I have to ask...

Sounds and looks.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

The Baylor men were EXTREMELY classy in the way they handled the loss. Let's hope the Baylor women get the chance to put on the same display

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Sounds and looks.
    Very similar to the Semenya situation in South Africa. Except Griner has had to have regular physicals to play basketball growing up, so her parents can't possibly plead ignorance if something does come to light.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    That building is a ghost town!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

This is the most biased towards a single player I have ever seen in the history of watching sports. Literally non-stop. Please, please, talk about something else besides Griner.

nice adjustment duke

ok the duke women have gotten over their brittany shock and now trail just 20-21....does anyone else think the baylor coach is wearing capt. crunch's dress blues?

Quote Originally Posted by YourLandlord View Post

LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorns View Post
    This is the most biased towards a single player I have ever seen in the history of watching sports. Literally non-stop. Please, please, talk about something else besides Griner.
    My thoughts exactly. At least half of the commentary in the first half was gushing about how wonderful Griner is. I'm not sure if the announcers even noticed that Duke was leading at half. If I were the other Baylor players I wouldn't be all that happy. You'd think, listening to these clowns, that Duke is playing 5 on 1.

Quote Originally Posted by ivydevil View Post
    I wonder if Baylor would then develop a deep hatred of Duke that would not be forgotten for centuries to come.
    Well, Florida beat Ohio St. in the Ncaab championship and the Ncaaf championship in the same year. That must have been really hard for them.

Women with 11 offensive boards so far. A tale of two Duke teams

Would u look at that? offensive rebounding keeping Duke in it. Theme of the year.

Women's basketball is totally unwatchable for me most of the time, but watching Griner dominate people makes it interesting.

Pretty nasty of Krystal Thomas.... fouling Griner's elbow with her face.

Kim Mulkey remnds me of a young Sylvia Hatchell, including the sanppy wardrobe.