Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Indianapolis roll call

Would love to get up to the games, but the flights out of Atlanta, of all places, are outrageous. Any suggestions? Any chances prices come down?

Quote Originally Posted by dcarp23 View Post
    Would love to get up to the games, but the flights out of Atlanta, of all places, are outrageous. Any suggestions? Any chances prices come down?
    Might be cheaper to fly out of Charlotte, or Greenvile/Spartenburg. Or maybe you can find AMTRAK service, but it may take awhile to get there!

Drive. 8 Hours on I75 from ATL to DAY, then bang a left to Indy, 2 more hours.

Get in there.

I'm headed up to the practices on Friday. Don't have the cash for tix, but the practices should be fun

Does anyone have a link to the Final Four schedule of events? I was wondering about the autograph sessions specifically.

Maybe check out flights into Bloomington...they're a little cheaper right now. Bloomington is about 45 miles away from Indy.

Now we need restaurant suggestions in Indy!

What is there to do there on Sunday, too, please.

driving up saturday

We will be driving up from St. Louis for the games!!! Haven't been to a final 4 before so I am thrilled duke made it...although I think it made today's game even more tense!!!

What about a flight into Columbus, Dayton or Louisville. Then drive to Indy?

i noticed that too about flights from the atl

Quote Originally Posted by dcarp23 View Post
    i will be leaving from just south of atlanta if you would want to carpool to the games. if you would like just hit me back on here and we can exchange info

I'm debating. Short drive from Chicago. On the other hand, given the host stadium I'm likely to see more of the game on my TV than I would in person.

Good News

I have been to 3 Final Fours, 66, 99. 04.

I will not be in Indy.

SoCal

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Now we need restaurant suggestions in Indy!

What is there to do there on Sunday, too, please.
    R-Bistro, Oceanaire, St. Elmo, McCormick and Schmicks, and Adobo Grill.

Sunday: Pacers (Dunleavy, Jones, and McRoberts) versus Rockets (Battier). Plenty of seats because the Pacers suck!

awesome venue

I've not been to a FF in 9 years, but was to 9 FF in the 90's and turn of the century. Indy is one of the best and Lucas Oil is fantastic. The city embracess the event better than any other and the downtown is easy to negochiate on foot to dine out and get to the game. Really only San Antonio could compare in terms of "the buzz" of excitement and everything so close to the stadium. It is a basketball state and the event is not to be missed if you have a chance. Weather forecast looks pretty good for next weekend too as far as the spring in Indy goes. Bring your sticks as we have decent courses. Visit the brickyard. Or just party!
    From NC take I 77 north to Charleston WV and then I 35 all the way to Dayton, OH then I 70 to Indy. From Durham it is 9.5 hrs of drive time plus your stop time.
    From the south take I 75 to I 275 on the south side of Cinci and around to I 74 then over to Indy. FYI I 64 recently had major construction south of Louisville so you may want to check it out before heading that direction.

hop on with some duke students makin the trip!!!
    1200. DDMF.

Smile Typical FF Itinerary - Indirect

Mr. and Mrs. Grouse are flying non-stop from Colorado to Chicago O'Hare and renting a car for the 200-mile drive to Indianapolis. Just like San Antonio, where we flew to Houston and then drove. In this case, we have a daughter and granddaughter in Chicago to visit on the way back.

sagegrouse

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDukeFan View Post
    I have been to 3 Final Fours, 66, 99. 04.

I will not be in Indy.

SoCal
    Yeah, you're never allowed back to the Final Four.

Ever.

What is there to do other than go to the game? Am probably going to go but see all the downtown hotels are sold out. Will there be a Duke Central downtown? I will probably go Stub Hub for tix not sure if market is going up or down I think a lot of Kentucky fans were probably planning and are dumping tix this weekend. Maybe even a few Kansas fans those are huge fan bases and this a relatively close game.

I am 90% sure I will make it over to Indy. I would love to go see a practice on Friday, but driving from Chicago after work, I am guessing I wouldn't get there in time. I am slightly worried about hotels, so I am reluctantly thinking I may make a day trip on Saturday. I have to get back on Saturday night because I am leaving for Augusta on Sunday. Aaah! I don't know what to do!

Butler is IN Indy. I doubt they were planning on being there, so there will probably be a lot of locals now looking to buy up tickets. Locals don't have to pay transportation and hotel costs, so I would guess the market for tickets is up. I would guess the market for hotel rooms is down.