Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Going to Indy?

So thanks to the greatest brother in the world, I'm the proud owner of 2 tickets to Indy. That being said, I'm also a struggling student at the moment and want to make this more affordable for my buddy and I.

Anyone who's going who wants to share a room? I don't mind pulling a "sleeping bag on the floor" maneuver if need be.

Also, I've finally broken down and started a twitter feed that I'm going to post on through the tourney, in case anyone is interested under DukeDevil8181

I woke up this morning with a giant smile on my face and it took me a moment to remember why. Now I can't stop! Go Devils!!!
    Duke '03
    Tent 1 '99/'00

drury inn NE

The holiday Inn north (at the pyramid) is the official duke hotel. It did not have any openings as of yesterday. All of the downtown hotels were booked as of a few weeks ago. We are staying at the Drury Inn (NE). It is $139 (~$160 with taxes) for the weekend. 12 miles from the stadium. We could make it the unofficial DBR hotel

I am staying at the Comfort Inn in Greenfield IN it is about 30 min away but couldn't beat the price of 73 dollars a night and it looks like your typical comfort inn not great but good enough.

Road Games for Us

According to Google Maps if you're driving to Lucas Oil Stadium then
    Duke is over 600 miles away, West Virginia around 380, Michigan State is 240 or so and Butler is less than 10.

Cheer Hard.

SoCal

http://http://www.ncaa.com/sports/m-...nts-index.html

I'll be heading down to Indy with my wife and kids for the Friday practices. It appears practice times are from 12:00 - 4:00. It should be a great atmosphere with Bulter being there. I hope all the Duke fans come out in force!

Driving from ATL

Quote Originally Posted by dcarp23 View Post
    Would love to get up to the games, but the flights out of Atlanta, of all places, are outrageous. Any suggestions? Any chances prices come down?
    A friend of mine and I are driving from ATL Friday morning. Room for 2 more. Flights are insane, and driving gives us the freedom to come back whenever we want to. Hopefully Tuesday morning!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KShip21 View Post
    A friend of mine and I are driving from ATL Friday morning. Room for 2 more. Flights are insane, and driving gives us the freedom to come back whenever we want to. Hopefully Tuesday morning!!!!
    Appreciate the offers and suggestions--found a decent flight into Cincinnati and have a ride from there. The flights into Indy are definitely insane.

Does anyone know which sections are allocated to Duke? If I buy tickets, I'd like to get close to those sections. Go Duke!

Info about Indy area

I'm from Indiana and near the Indiana area, so I thought I'd chime in with some help for people

The best places to fly into that isn't Indy is Dayton, Ohio (2 hour drive to Indy), Cincinnati (3 hour drive), Chicago (3 hour drive). Those are really as close as it gets if you don't want to fly into Indy.

As for hotels, Greenfield, IN is about 30 minutes or so out of Indianapolis and is a nice little town. I have family that has lived there, so I'm familiar with the town. Any hotel there would be a nice one.

Carmel and Fishers are also nice areas that are right outside of Indy. I, personally, have never been to either town, but I know for a fact that they are very nice areas.

If you really don't mind to drive, Bloomington is about an hour away from Indy. It's also spring time here and it's beautiful on campus.

I hope this helped some of you guys. If anyone has any questions about areas around Indy, send me a PM and I'll try to help

Bound for Indy

Driving from Atlanta to Durham to pick up my son, then driving to Indy where my two daughters live. All are big Duke fans, and all will be attending the games. Monday is my oldest daughters birthday . . . hoping it will be a big celebration.

Went to final four in '86 and '89. Third time will be the charm!

Hi,

I'm from indy, live in indy, and am co-prez of the local alumni club...

For lodging, also check out hotels in Brownsburg.. It is a 20 min drive from the stadium.

As for things to do Sunday, if you bring kids, Indy has the best regarded children's museum in the country. It is 3 miles north of Lucas Oil Stadium.

The zoo, NCAA hall of champions, Indiana State Museum, and Eiteljorg museum of Native American Art are downtown.

It is expected to be 70+ degrees, and there are many affordable golf courses in the city.

Feel free to pm me with specific questions.

Kexman...

Quote Originally Posted by kexman View Post
    We will be driving up from St. Louis for the games!!! Haven't been to a final 4 before so I am thrilled duke made it...although I think it made today's game even more tense!!!
    Two of us will be driving to the games as well from the STL area. Let me know if you hear of a good place for drinks and social gathering

we're staying at the Drury as well
    Duke '03
    Tent 1 '99/'00

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty1911 View Post
    Does anyone know which sections are allocated to Duke? If I buy tickets, I'd like to get close to those sections. Go Duke!
    Sections 151, 153, 642, 643

http://www.lucasoilstadium.com/Asset...FF_Seating.pdf
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Quote Originally Posted by msdukie View Post
    I loaded the PDF and it doesn't say that those sections are Duke fan sections anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by noyac View Post
    I loaded the PDF and it doesn't say that those sections are Duke fan sections anywhere.
    I called the Duke ticket office who said those were the sections they were given for the Iron Dukes. .pdf is just a seating chart for everyone to look at.
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Quote Originally Posted by msdukie View Post
    I assume the section 151/153 tickets are not the same price ($270) as the 642/643 seats?

Leaving from Raleigh/Durham Friday morning to drive up with my mom and two kids. Mom and my daughter were at the '91 Final Four in Indy; I was at home awaiting the birth of my son, which happened 9 days after the Championships.

Still don't know where we're staying or what we're doing while not at Lucas Oil Stadium, but we're excited to be going!

Here's a good link with all the Final Four activities: http://www.indianapolisgrapevine.com/NCAA-Final-Four/

I live in Indy and if anyone wants restaurant recommendations or things to do please ask away.

Also, will fans be allowed at the hotel to cheer on the team as they arrive? I'm going to the open practices on Friday but I just want as many opportunities to cheer on the team!