Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Non-Duke Elite 8 Discussion

Discuss...

Butler is looking pretty good, hope they win. Always root for the underdog unless they're playing Duke.

Is It Just Me?

Does it seem to anybody else that Gus Johnson and (in particular) Len Elmore are pulling for K-State to beat Butler? I'm multi-tasking and only half watching, but it seems as if they get excited every time KSU has possession and not overly thrilled about any of Butler's possessions. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

I'll try to listen more carefully to the second half, but I'm just wondering if CBS would prefer KSU to advance instead of Butler.

When your guards have 2 points combined at the half, you are in a bit of trouble! Perhaps the double overtime game took a lot out of their legs . . . and good D by Butler.

Hey guys, Butler is pretty darn good...

The prospect of Butler in the Final Four is actually a bit scary.

Massive home court advantage...it would be almost bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by diveonthefloor View Post
    Hey guys, Butler is pretty darn good...

The prospect of Butler in the Final Four is actually a bit scary.

Massive home court advantage...it would be almost bizarre.
    Last year MSU had the homecourt. Right?

I felt like Elmore was cheering for KSU against Xavier too. He is constantly pointing out calls that go against KSU.

Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    Does it seem to anybody else that Gus Johnson and (in particular) Len Elmore are pulling for K-State to beat Butler? I'm multi-tasking and only half watching, but it seems as if they get excited every time KSU has possession and not overly thrilled about any of Butler's possessions. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

I'll try to listen more carefully to the second half, but I'm just wondering if CBS would prefer KSU to advance instead of Butler.
    I've noticed it. I'm one of the few (it seems at least) that isn't a Gus Johnson fan but it is worse today since he has clearly called the game differently depending on who has the ball.

I had been listening on the radio until just now, and I don't really detect any difference from Gus Johnson. KSU just hit a three on an inbound play to bring the game to 49-42, and Gus announced it as if it were a death announcement.

Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by mehmattski View Post
    I had been listening on the radio until just now, and I don't really detect any difference from Gus Johnson. KSU just hit a three on an inbound play to bring the game to 49-42, and Gus announced it as if it were a death announcement.
    I don't know. It sure seems like they want KSU to win. Maybe they just wanted a close game. But it sure seems like Gus goes into his "crazy, growling Gus" voice every time KSU does something.

Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    I don't know. It sure seems like they want KSU to win.
    I think they want a close game.

The more I watch Len Elmore games, the more convinced I am that race significantly effects his outlook on basketball games and how he does his commentary. It's unfortunate to say the least.

Gus

I think Gus may explode. Wow, is he charged up! I actually enjoy it.

Hey...

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    I think Gus may explode. Wow, is he charged up! I actually enjoy it.
    Don't get me wrong. I LOVE Gus! It just surprised me that he seemed to be getting more excited about KSU plays than Butler. Nothing Elmore does surpises me (he's a douche).

Okay, I was wrong. Gus is the man!

Hayward for Butler sure makes some assertive plays, that drive to the basket was huge. Butler in general really plays TEAM basketball, like watching their style!

What amazing defense by Butler on that last KSU possession. Such intensity and hustle!

Wow!

I never would have picked Butler to win that game.

Tickets just became harder for UK fans to get if they win.

Has anyone noticed the resemblence between Brad Stevens and Scheyer just If I was the only one who noticed.

Wow Butler has beaten Cuse and K-State in route to the 4. Now they go back home to Indy. What a story.