Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Upsets This Weekend?

Even though UNI is only a 1 point underdog, it will still be considered an upset if they win. And I think they will not only is Lucas out, but Roe and Allen are banged up as well. I think Ali and crew rides the mojo at least one more game.

Do you guys see any others? Washington with an experienced tourney coach and a great guard in Pondexter? Can Samhan and St. Mary's take down Udoh and Baylor in Houston? How about Cornell over UK? Maybe not smart vs stupid, but good vs evil.

I would love for Cornell to take out UK, but I don't think they can. I am going to say St. Marys and No. Iowa make it to the Elite 8.

Honestly, I really truly think that Cornell beat Kentucky tonight. If they can get through the emotional first 5-10 minutes without finding themselves routed...they will win. It's basically a home game for them up in syracuse the place will be rockin. I think they will frustrate Kentucky and will upset them.

This is a veteran Cornell team who stood toe to toe with Kansas whom I still think is a better team than Kentucky...in Rock Chalk Jayhawk Kansas. They're fundamental and they RARELY make mistakes. That team is dangerous and I'm taking them to beat Kentucky tonight. Sometimes all the potential star power doesn't mean you'll win...see Fab Five

It really wouldn't surprise me to see any or all of the 4 above mentioned teams win, I really don't see seeding as that big of an indicator right now as to the outcomes. It is about matchups, and in these matchups, the lower-seeded teams have some real strengths, and the higher-seeded teams may or may not successfully adapt to the rather unusual energies being thrown their way.

Quote Originally Posted by DeBlueDevil View Post
    Sometimes all the potential star power doesn't mean you'll win...see Fab Five
    I'm not sure the Fab Five is such a good example. They were together for two years and made the NCAA final game both years (where they lost to teams that had just as much starpower as they did, if not more).

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    I'm not sure the Fab Five is such a good example. They were together for two years and made the NCAA final game both years (where they lost to teams that had just as much starpower as they did, if not more).
    Yeah, big difference between a program like Cornell and the likes of Duke and UNC.

Non-Duke Sweet 16 Discussion

Butler off to an early 19-12 lead against the 'Cuse. Syracuse has 12 points and 9 turnovers. Let's see if they can put it together.

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    Butler off to an early 19-12 lead against the 'Cuse. Syracuse has 12 points and 9 turnovers. Let's see if they can put it together.
    Turnovers have been a bugaboo for Syracuse all season. If anything would come back to bite them, that would be it.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Ok, so obviously we want Cuse to fall to Butler.

The question is, do we want WVU to fall to Washington? The reasoning here is WVU likely has the best chance against KY (may not be true now that WVU has lost their best 3 point shooter and PG). What do you guys think? I do not like WVU, but I think we matchup better against them than KY.

Of course, if the Big Red does what I want them to do, than all of this doesn't matter.

I would be in favor of WVU losing to the local Y-league team. I don't like hugger-mugger, and I don't like his team.

Wow. Butler can do no wrong in the last 3 minutes.

I'm watching a #1 seed fall to a mid major in a close game...on my lap top. CBS should not be allowed within a mile of any sporting event. At least Espn thinks like fans.

Syr-but

wow, thoroughly unimpressed by both teams in this one.

14. I think we want WVU to win -- otherwise it'll just be too easy for Kentucky. Wake would be the highest seed they had to beat!!

Down goes Syracuse...

Down goes Cuse

Wow. I thought they had that game under control and then a total collapse...

Well, Syracuse just lost to Butler!

Wesley Johnson, where are you??

Aside from these two free throws he just had, and missed one of, where has he been the last 10 minutes of this game? It just seems for that a guy thought of as a 1st team All American and lottery pick this June, he was pretty non-existant. And to me that is inexcusable...just my two cents.

Ok, so now my bracket is worth less than the paper it is printed on!

Let's go Cornell!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Well, Syracuse just lost to Butler!
    Yeah, I had that in my brackets but definitely didn't see it coming...