Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WBB: Duke 60, LSU 52

Duke takes on LSU in Cameron tonight at 7:00. Plenty of tickets available.
    Go Duke!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I'd be there if I could. I hope the crowd is better than it was for Saturday, I was surprised at the weak turnout.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I'd be there if I could. I hope the crowd is better than it was for Saturday, I was surprised at the weak turnout.
    There was a lot going on, besides the Men's tournament on TV. Men's Lacrosse across the way, baseball at the DBAP, and an overmatched opponent. I thought the crowd was decent, of course some of that is that Hampton travelled well (off the court of course, on the court there were whistled for a few as well.)

We'll see tonight. I came in at the tail end of the first game Saturday, but didn't see a huge turnout for LSU (I noticed more Hartford people, it's a much easier drive to Durham.) Maybe their AD will attend as well, and we can thank the LSU fans for hiring him.

My husband and I are going.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    There was a lot going on, besides the Men's tournament on TV. Men's Lacrosse across the way, baseball at the DBAP, and an overmatched opponent. I thought the crowd was decent, of course some of that is that Hampton travelled well (off the court of course, on the court there were whistled for a few as well.)

We'll see tonight. I came in at the tail end of the first game Saturday, but didn't see a huge turnout for LSU (I noticed more Hartford people, it's a much easier drive to Durham.) Maybe their AD will attend as well, and we can thank the LSU fans for hiring him.
    Mmmm, the LSU AD may be busy preparing for the Spring Scrimmage which will be broadcast on ESPN2 Saturday afternoon.

Maybe the LSU AD will see our women, after checking out yesterday's Texas results, and think he didn't so bad after all, hiring P.

By the way - very frustrating - Tennessee slaughter over Dayton is on ESPN2 instead of Duke - LSU.

Must be blacked out in the Durham area - just switched to Michigan State vs. Kentucky.

My gosh the crowd is weak! Let me rephrase that, there is no crowd, but the crowd that is there is very enthusiastic! I can't believe I see a ridiculous amount of empty seats where the Cameron Crazies sit. However, I did see one guy wearing a sweater like Brown and that cracked me up!

They showed Nolan, Casey, and Mason at the game. Nice to see the guys out supporting the gals!

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Lab View Post
    Maybe the LSU AD will see our women, after checking out yesterday's Texas results, and think he didn't so bad after all, hiring P.

By the way - very frustrating - Tennessee slaughter over Dayton is on ESPN2 instead of Duke - LSU.
    Duke is on ESPN2
    Tennessee is on ESPN2HD

You need to go to the non HD version of ESPN2

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Lab View Post
    Must be blacked out in the Durham area - just switched to Michigan State vs. Kentucky.
    Try channel 32, the non HD version of ESPN2, it is on now.

Thanks... I figured that out about halfway through the first half. I'm way too dependent on HD!

Here we go again.

Quote Originally Posted by jtelander View Post
    Try channel 32, the non HD version of ESPN2, it is on now.
    Thank you!!

Joy Cheek coming up big late.

There is a hilariously-small crowd. Like, maybe 20% of the bleachers have people in them. It's like a pre-season exhibition.

Cheek is the MVP of this game with her clutch late shots and boards for sure.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Congrats to the Lady Blue Devils for a tough win. It wasn't as easy as the final score indicates, but they have moved on to the Sweet 16 against either WVU or SD State.

How come the crowd was so small? ESPN says just about 4000 people were there, but most games had at least 5-6 K. Is Duke on Spring Break right now?

Quote Originally Posted by JaMarcus Russell View Post
    Congrats to the Lady Blue Devils for a tough win. It wasn't as easy as the final score indicates, but they have moved on to the Sweet 16 against either WVU or SD State.

How come the crowd was so small? ESPN says just about 4000 people were there, but most games had at least 5-6 K. Is Duke on Spring Break right now?
    Not really surprising. Over the years, unless we're playing UNC, Maryland, Tenn, or Conn the crowds have usually pretty dismal. Students seldom attend. Good to see some of the men's team there.

Quote Originally Posted by JaMarcus Russell View Post

No - students are around. Great win by the Duke women. The D was solid by both teams making it hard to score- but Duke made several key plays in the last two minutes. Survive and advance. This Duke team is not pretty on O but they can make most any team look bad and they can grind out wins with contributions from multiple players. We will see if they can keep it up at a neutral site.

LSU was ranked

#11 by Sagarin and he had Duke as a 7 point favorite including the home court advantage. This was no easy match-up for the Devils who struggle against good defensive teams.