Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
    Because all the nay-sayers come out of the woodwork following an "early" tournament loss, and there will be about 5,000 threads which I won't read.
    I can barely read the boards today. Not because of any particular content, but just because Friday's getting really close, and I'm getting nervous, and reading speculation about the game is sometimes overwhelming

I live in Indiana.

Because Purdue was supposed to be bounced 2 games ago and they are still in the tourney

Because they have nothing to lose

Because Matt Painter is using the beating we gave them last season as motivation

Because of the Ewing theory

Because if NC State can beat Duke, anyone can beat Duke on a given night

Because Jon's shot seems to have disappeared

Because people love upsets and hate Duke

Any number of reasons. Its key that Duke respects Purdue and treats them like a wounded cornered animal. What do you do with a dangerous wounded animal? You take it out quick. I have confidence that if Duke executes on the inside and can get Jajuan Johnson in foul trouble, if they are aggressive, they can win by 10+ They cannot be hesitant, they can't mess around or they'll be the next number one bounced. We've been focused so far, lets hope the best is yet to come.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    their mascot carries a sledgehammer.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Talking Next Year

Because this board has about 5,000 threads about how good Duke is going to be next year. If we lose to Purdue, I'm going to have to actually read them!

Because they have a drink named after them.

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    Because when Duke extends its defense and makes the opponent start their offense further away from the basket than they are comfortable with - it usually works, but now and then an unlikely player has the game of his life.

Only if Joe Barry Carroll has another year of eligibility...by the way Joe Barry was born in....

Pine Bluff, Arkansas

Because I worry about everyone this time of year. I worried about Arkansas PB too. No one can be overlooked in March.

...and not only have we failed to beat any team seeded No. 4 or better in the tournament in what seems like ages, we managed but a single victory against a team of that caliber this season: Maryland, at Cameron.

That's part of what leads some of us, myself included, to wonder if our strength of schedule ranking this year is a bit of a mirage. And that's the main reason I'm getting more and more worried about Friday night.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by KyDevilinIL View Post
    ...and not only have we failed to beat any team seeded No. 4 or better in the tournament in what seems like ages...
    Just like K said in a recent interview...don't base what this team is doing and capable of on what past teams have done. They are not the same entities. That doesn't mean we will be successful Friday night, but don't use past teams successes and failures to assume this team will do the same.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Because

Because it is Wednesday getting closer to Friday and I don't want this game to be the last for Jon, Zoubs, LT (and Kyle?). Let's go Duke and get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Just like K said in a recent interview...don't base what this team is doing and capable of on what past teams have done. They are not the same entities. That doesn't mean we will be successful Friday night, but don't use past teams successes and failures to assume this team will do the same.
    Oh, I know. As fans, though, it's pretty hard to put those past results out of the brain, because the facts are there until they're not anymore.

And FWIW, a few folks on the board seem convinced that we'll beat Purdue largely because we laced Purdue last season. But in speculating about Friday, last year's game is just as valid/invalid as our Sweet 16 losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke12 View Post
    ...by the way Joe Barry was born in....Pine Bluff, Arkansas
    That's a little weird.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    their mascot carries a sledgehammer.
    LOL. Best reason I've read so far.

First time poster, long time fan/reader. Cause I have tickets for Sunday and my first Elite 8 and hopefully first live Duke game...

This team matches up well with everyone left in this region; Coach K will have them ready, he has been there too many times before for these games to be an issue. That does not mean Duke crushes them but they beat them.

By the way, how are you all doing with the 2012 issue; got those holes dug or do you really think you will fly away in a plane?