Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    - Minnesota!! Clap, clap, clap clap clap...

- Kyle Singler has heard just about enough about our Sweet 16 "problem," thank you very much.

- We just held a team with twice the offense to 53 points.

Wait, what was the question, again?

Sorry to off-track this. I'm done fretting; I went through cautiously optimistic yesterday. Time to move into "Let's get this monkey off our freaking backs, boys!!!" Let's stop giving a good g-d about who it is we're playing and why we should/should not fear them. There are dragons to slay, demons to exorcise, curses to overturn, haters to incite and pundits to silence Friday. You want to get in the middle of that road, Purdue? Seriously? Last year was last year. We're p'd off and disrespected, too. Bring it, engineers. Nice mascot. Nice color scheme.

Anyway, I hope that's the attitude the team's taking.

...because they may never get over being trounced by Duke in their next game.

Y'all are a bunch of worry warts!

GO DUKE!!!

hud

...because I worry about every game. Basketball is not always about who has better talent or who even plays the best on a given night- sometimes it comes down to the last minute and a missed or made shot or a funny bounce. Purdue is good enough without Hummel to keep the game within reach for a minute to go and that is reason to worry.

... because Gov. Perdue may or may not turn out to be wise enough to help this state with all its economic woes.

Wait... maybe I misunderstood the question.

Basketball is a game that we - me, too - treat as if it's life or death; whereas life is a whole lot tougher these days. God bless Gov. Perdue, and her political opponents, too. I hope someone is competent.

Purdue? Well, they could win and make me unhappy for a few days. Worse still, the friendly fire on this board might get pretty unpleasant.

As Shane Battier used to say:we're DUKE!!No worries.

Actually, this thread is funny. We DO all sound like a bunch of old hens and roosters, fretting over the chicks.

Purdue is done

Purdue is done. We finally exorcise/lance the March 1980 "boil" this weekend. Who else remembers that Sweet 16 game and Joe Barry Carroll's performance? I had forgotten that we took down Kentucky in the earlier round...in Rupp Arena. It's only been 30 years, but the karma is still fresh in this timeless program. http://goduke.statsgeek.com/basketba...ameid=19800315

Quote Originally Posted by Verga3 View Post
    Purdue is done. We finally exorcise/lance the March 1980 "boil" this weekend. Who else remembers that Sweet 16 game and Joe Barry Carroll's performance? I had forgotten that we took down Kentucky in the earlier round...in Rupp Arena. It's only been 30 years, but the karma is still fresh in this timeless program. http://goduke.statsgeek.com/basketba...ameid=19800315
    That 1980 game against Purdue was an Elite Eight game.

I was a sophomore and in Fort Lauderdale for spring break at the time. Believe it or not, the Kentucky game at Rupp was not on TV down there. We had to listen to it on a portable radio we carried up and down the strip. Still, it was a moment. The Purdue game (even though it was on TV), not so much. At least not a happy moment. We all thought G-man would show Joe Barry Carroll who was the best center in the land, but it was JBC who showed us.

Oddly, the following year (K's first at Duke), we met Purdue in another Elite Eight game -- in the NIT -- and lost again.

...because Purdue beat A&M who beat Oklahoma who beat Nicholls St. who beat McNeese St. who beat Tulane who beat Penn St. who beat Sacred Heart who beat Stony Brook who beat Md. Eastern Shore who beat Bethune Cookman who beat Norfolk St. who beat Maine who beat Boston College who beat South Carolina who beat Kentucky!

Quote Originally Posted by House G View Post
    ...because Purdue beat A&M who beat Oklahoma who beat Nicholls St. who beat McNeese St. who beat Tulane who beat Penn St. who beat Sacred Heart who beat Stony Brook who beat Md. Eastern Shore who beat Bethune Cookman who beat Norfolk St. who beat Maine who beat Boston College who beat South Carolina who beat Kentucky!
    Now i'm scared

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    That 1980 game against Purdue was an Elite Eight game.

I was a sophomore and in Fort Lauderdale for spring break at the time. Believe it or not, the Kentucky game at Rupp was not on TV down there. We had to listen to it on a portable radio we carried up and down the strip. Still, it was a moment. The Purdue game (even though it was on TV), not so much. At least not a happy moment. We all thought G-man would show Joe Barry Carroll who was the best center in the land, but it was JBC who showed us.

Oddly, the following year (K's first at Duke), we met Purdue in another Elite Eight game -- in the NIT -- and lost again.
    Grant Hill exorcised any demons in 1994, when he shut down National Player of the year Glenn Robinson as Duke marched on to another Final 4.

...because one week after we avenged a 1993 loss that ended a great Blue Devil's career, Purdue will be looking to the same for a loss they suffered in 1994.

Im worried because that kid that has picked a perfect bracket has purdue winning it all...

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...t-two-rounds/1

...because Pomeroy only has us 79%-21%, when he had Kansas 84-16 over UNI....

because I like this Duke team so much that I really really really want to see them win...which would make it suck that much worse if they lost.

because Charlotte is full of obnoxious Tar Heel fans who have nothing better to do than wallow in misery and hope to exult if Duke loses

because of every Purdue-related reason mentioned in earlier posts.

because the national talking-head census has us winning...which should always be cause for concern.

because i'm not

I'm not worried about Purdue, it's about time we all start to realize this is a different team and we are not cursed to lose in the sweet sixteen....knock on wood

because the Plumlees' mom played hoops there and she's secretly hoping her sons team loses to her alma mater??!! Seriously, people. Stop the worrying. Let's enjoy the ride!

honestly not much reason to be worried.

we've been playing great. we match up well. we've had a great season. we've got a lot of really likable players who try hard and represent the program well. and that's all we can say at this point.

less worrying, and more just hoping fortune shines on us this time. we deserve it. by we i mostly mean these players deserve it. it's a much different feeling from the last several seasons when i really did have an ominous, worrisome feeling because the play and the players warranted it.

if purdue shoots 80% and wins, that's nothing we can influence now...or ever.

i'm enjoying the ride, as others say, but i'm impatient and want to see this play out.

Smile Don't worry, be happy.

Because it's Wednesday and there have been three days without basketball and plenty of time for prognostication and worry.

I'm not overly worried about Purdue. I'm cautiously optimistic. The board started out wildly over-confident. Now we're sinking into a funk. I think we should all stay cautiously optimistic. This was the better match-up and Coach K never overlooks any opponent.

We will have a great shot to win, and I like our chances. Nothing in the universe is ever 100% (except that Ol' Roy-Boy will put his foot in his mouth again... that's 100%).

Because all the nay-sayers come out of the woodwork following an "early" tournament loss, and there will be about 5,000 threads which I won't read.