Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Houston Regional

Has anyone gotten their tickets yet for the Houston Regional to know where the Duke section is going to be in Reliant?

Quote Originally Posted by A-Tex Devil View Post
    Has anyone gotten their tickets yet for the Houston Regional to know where the Duke section is going to be in Reliant?
    Tickets ordered, but I don't think we find out until we get to will-call.

Entirely 100% jealous.

don't have tickets but i know someone who does. Hope he has a great time.

Some of us during the postgame chat on Snrub were talking about getting a thread started for people to post if they were going to the games in Houston, and perhaps meeting up before the games. I'm going to the games on Friday and Sunday, was wondering if anyone else wanted to post in this thread if they will be attending the games.

For the original poster, I don't think that it has been released where the teams will be allocated tickets for the games.

I'll be there... Jax was fun, too.

-jk

Well, I'll be there - although likely will miss most of Baylor game. My work day has not allowed me to get tickets through dukealumni.com (where you have to by a ticket to the $40 party as well). Now that I am trying, that site won't let the transaction through, which tells me that it is likely sold out. Still trying, though.

I am actually betting on a pretty soft secondary market. Even though Baylor is there, the other 3 schools are relatively small, and I imagine a bunch of Aggies will be dumping their prematurely purchased tickets onto the market this week.

I have tickets!! Will miss the party on Friday, but it would be cool to do something with Duke folks on Saturday while the other regional finals are playing.

I plan on posting later tonight a "guide" on what to do in Houston on Saturday day and night time, and some suggestions on how to do it. BBQ, Bayou City Art Festival, bars, etc. I will not be available on Saturday night, however, as I am committed big time to something I have to do beginning at 6 pm. Anyone can PM me tonight and this week, and I'll see what I can do for you.

ricks

Ditto, I am in Houston and would be happy to help anyone out with ideas on hotels or restaurants or activities during the down time (let's hope there is a win Friday so that Saturday and Sunday am are down times!). I can be reached at sdonaho@lockelord.com.

We bought tickets early on, because we really wanted to get decent seats. So I'm sure we're not in the Duke section per se (just glad we don't have to worry about being with all Aggies, and that some Baylor fans may be leaving after the first event, even if Baylor wins!). Since we didn't buy through Duke, I don't have details on any Duke events so far. So any information posted on these boards on that would be appreciated.

I'm in!
    Would very much like to find out the best Mexican restaurants in the city and a good brunch spot for Sunday...that maybe the rest of the other teams fans might not descend upon.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    I'm in!
    Would very much like to find out the best Mexican restaurants in the city and a good brunch spot for Sunday...that maybe the rest of the other teams fans might not descend upon.
    Thanks!
    I'll be there although I am 0-2 in Texas Final Fours (Dallas '86 & San Antonio '04). If we can get out the broom this weekend, I promise I will stay away from Indy. Weezie, can you or anyone else confirm the hotel where the team will be staying?

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    I plan on posting later tonight a "guide" on what to do in Houston on Saturday day and night time, and some suggestions on how to do it. BBQ, Bayou City Art Festival, bars, etc. I will not be available on Saturday night, however, as I am committed big time to something I have to do beginning at 6 pm. Anyone can PM me tonight and this week, and I'll see what I can do for you.

ricks
    That's a great idea. Houston is probably the most underrated restaurant city in the country. No lie. And if it's not raining, it's the best time of year to be there.

The problem with Houston is that "where to go" is hardly obvious to someone unfamiliar with the city. The biggest complaint I've heard is that people didn't know what to do, and they end up at the Galleria or something because they think that's where they should go. There's a lot of cool stuff to explore, and contrary to popular belief, you actually don't have to drive that much depending on you want to do.

Weezie -- Hugo's Restaurant is one of Houston's better known Mexican restaurants that specializes in really good tradition interior (not Tex-Mex) food AND has one of the best brunches in the city. I'm sure you can find it through Google, and check out the menu to see if you are interested.

Don't worry about crowds. Houston is so large and has so many good restaurants, that the Regionals will not make much of a blip on the restaurant scene

I just got an email from Reliant Stadium advertising that tickets are available at www.ncaa.com/mbbtickets. I have no idea what level of seats are still available though, but if you just want to get in the building, tickets are available. You can go to this link to see a seating chart and how much full-session tickets will cost for each area of the building: http://reliantpark.com/ncaa/

Also, they sent me the open practice schedule for Thursday, which is free to the public. All times are local to Houston (Central Time):
    12:00-12:50 PM: Saint Mary's
    1:00-1:50 PM: Purdue
    2:10-3:00 PM: Baylor
    3:10-4:00 PM: Duke

so where did everyone get their tickets from? website?

i was thinking about making the trek down to h-town, and i'm looking for tickets

*edit. post above answers me right when i post this

Quote Originally Posted by soccerstud2210 View Post
    so where did everyone get their tickets from? website?

i was thinking about making the trek down to h-town, and i'm looking for tickets

*edit. post above answers me right when i post this
    There are some pretty good deals on ebay right now. Just check out the seller reviews first. I got a deal for baseline field boxes for a better deal than Duke Alumni was selling for (they make you pay for the party which I can't go to). I also think you'll being pretty reasonable prices at the stadium.

I looked at the ticket master tickets and they are all in the corner or upper deck. But they are very reasonably priced.

If box office tickets are still available for Reliant, would I be correct in assuming that (I am knocking on wood this time with a tool the size of a Nepal skyscraper) Lucas Oil Stadium would still have some seats (albeit horrible) available in the upper reaches?

I live about an hour and a half from Indy and, should we be so fortunate, would love to cheer on our boys in the Big Show. I will probably travel there regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    If box office tickets are still available for Reliant, would I be correct in assuming that (I am knocking on wood this time with a tool the size of a Nepal skyscraper) Lucas Oil Stadium would still have some seats (albeit horrible) available in the upper reaches?

I live about an hour and a half from Indy and, should we be so fortunate, would love to cheer on our boys in the Big Show. I will probably travel there regardless.
    Unfortunately, the Final Four is a much different event than the regionals. The seats in the "upper reaches" are the seats that are sold to the public in the lottery every year. That being said, there will probably be a lot of tickets available on the secondary market, although the prices will probably be much higher if Kentucky makes the Final Four.

Recommendations for Tex-Mex lovers:

Lupe's Tortillas (Must get the fajitas, best tortillas in town)
    Chuys (It's all good, spicy salsas)
    Ninfas (Standard tex-mex, but they have the BEST green salsa in town)
    Escalantes (For Sangria lovers)
    El Tiempo Cantina (For the margaritas and large portions)
    Cadillac Bar (For the frozen margaritas)
    Molinas (For the best Queso in town, which is called "Jose's Dip")

My personal favorites on the list are Chuys and Lupe's. I am probably missing some important ones, but Houston is usually named the second best culinary city in America behind NYC every year so you won't have any problem finding good food. I would argue the city's identity revolves around it's diversity and it's food (which go hand in hand), so loosen that belt.