Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by 94duke View Post
    KY currently shooting 76.3%
    5/5 dunks
    9/10 layups
    8/9 jumpers
    7/14 3pt
    Is that because there is no "d" in Weak Forest?

Makes me wanna change my screen name...

i said in the "scouting reports" thread from late february that UNI would be a team that could give teams trouble in the tourney. I didn't think they could win against a really high seeded team, but i said they could give everyone a run for their money. As someone who is graduating from UNI in may, it's a proud day to be a panther. Even though i think duke would beat them in a head to head match up, i'm glad duke wasn't matched up with UNI today. I'm also glad one of the 1 seeds was knocked off before duke, so you would think we wouldn't have to hear about duke choking if they lose before the final four.

Congratulations...However...

Quote Originally Posted by strawbs View Post
    i said in the "scouting reports" thread from late february that UNI would be a team that could give teams trouble in the tourney. I didn't think they could win against a really high seeded team, but i said they could give everyone a run for their money. As someone who is graduating from UNI in may, it's a proud day to be a panther. Even though i think duke would beat them in a head to head match up, i'm glad duke wasn't matched up with UNI today. I'm also glad one of the 1 seeds was knocked off before duke, so you would think we wouldn't have to hear about duke choking if they lose before the final four.
    Hi,

If Duke loses before the FF the term "choking" will be used--whether justified or not.

If Duke makes it to the FF it will be because Duke had a super easy path.

In other words, in the eyes of some haters it is impossible to win so we mind as well enjoy the ride and go all the way to Indi and bring back a couple of wins from there too.

GO DUKE!

Quote Originally Posted by strawbs View Post
    Congrats on a big win...enjoy this week!

I still can't get caught up in worrying about Kentucky. If we can get to the Final Four, it will be a joyous occasion regardless of what challenge lies ahead. If it's Kentucky, so be it. My main concern right now is Cal, and then either TAMU or Purdue. Survive and advance,baby, and then maybe, just maybe, KY won't even be there if we make the Final Four.

Not mine!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    2 million brackets BUSTED!
    I actually picked Northern Iowa to upset Kansas!!!!!

Not mine!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    All brackets are busted!!!! UNI with the upset of the tourney in an upset-filled tourney!!! Oh my what a great Cinderella team!!! 9 over 1 it's amazing!!!! It's March Madness!!!!
    I picked UNI to upset Kansas.

Quote Originally Posted by bluepenguin View Post
    I actually picked Northern Iowa to upset Kansas!!!!!
    Nice! How many brackets did you have though?

even though i go to uni and am glad they won tonight, it's extremely annoying how ignorant some of the fans from uni are. I'm getting embarrassed seeing a lot of my friends on facebook saying how this shows that UNI was extremely underseeded (i don't think so, ya they were 28-4 going into the tourney, but they had beaten really no one, the mvc was extremely weak, they lost to evansville the worst team in the mvc, had no previous tourney success, barely got by UNLV, and in all likelyhood would beat kansas maybe 1 out of 10 tries). But the thing that really annoys the hell out of me is that a couple of people are using the old "we just beat the number 1 team so doesn't that make us the number 1 team" charade. Talk like that ruins a good thing for me.