Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

MBB: Saturday NCAA (2nd Round) In-Game Thread

I'm a little shy about starting a thread of this magnitude, but have I missed one already started?

Just wanted to gripe about Nova getting calls again...

thanks, mods.

Likin' St. Mary's!

Nova doin' their best to make the selection committee look bad.

wow

the banked three!

The bank is OPEN for SMC! Go Gaels!

Reynold's must have tired legs. Hehe

Unbelievable

I can smell it now.

As long as they can hit free throws St. Mary's is going to advance.

Jay Wright?

Jay Wrong!!

And another Big Least loss

Let's Go Old Dominion!

I feel bad for Reynolds who is a local youngster (Herndon, Virginia) but St. Marys was the better team today.

gw67

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    See ya Nova!

Loving it. I think Jay Wright made a huge mistake today with his rotation. His backup guards far outperformed Reynolds and Fisher and even led the 2nd half comeback.

Instead of sticking with them he went back to Reynolds and Fisher and in my mind it cost them the game. Going with Taylor was a mistake too. The big man ate TK up.

Glad to see Nova out but with the way they have been playing I don't know that they can beat Duke anyway.

Go ODU!!

Wink Duke Thoughts on St. Mary's Win Over Villanova

1. Why was I pulling for St. Mary's? Those guys are really tough.

2. This is the result of having Taylor King on your team -- a second round loss to a lower seed in in the NCAAs.

3. Most important implication: Wojo, there, I am certain you can speak Austraylian. Get your plane tickets for after Indinapolis, and bring us back some Aussies.

sagegrouse

i agree to some degree about King. He can flat lose you games. He made a big shot and got fouled with 5 or 6 minutes left. He the proceeded to take a terrible 3 point shot and another forced shot inside on the next possession.

I don't care if you score 20+ points...if you are not efficient at scoring and take bad shots that lead to fast breaks...in the end you hurt your team.

Awesome win by St. Mary's! Why I ever switched them out for Richmond I will never know! I really enjoyed watching them send Villanova packing!

So, now...after 1 1/2 rounds...the BE only has 3 teams in the tournament and 3 of their losing teams have been sent home by West Coast teams. SWEET!

I also had Richmond beating St. Marys but have jumped on St. Mary's bandwagon now. I was cheering for them so loud, my husband thought Duke was playing. After the game, I ran around the block to cool off and discovered we've had a cold front come through this morning. Must have happened when Scottie Reynolds went cold.
    Now I'm cheering for all the underdogs today.

I had to listen on the radio(xm) to John Thompson and he was really rooting for Villanova. Of course not outwardly but just by his comments you could tell he wasn't a St. Marys' fan. Just another reason I was rooting for them. I never been a fan of JT. Go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    I had to listen on the radio(xm) to John Thompson and he was really rooting for Villanova. Of course not outwardly but just by his comments you could tell he wasn't a St. Marys' fan. Just another reason I was rooting for them. I never been a fan of JT. Go Duke!
    Yeah, JT & Dean were great friends. Birds of a feather and all that.

There's an upset brewing for Kansas. UNI has a 6pt lead in the 1st. THey're shooting lights out from 3 and from the floor in general. And they're getting to the FT line. It's a good recipe for success, but will it last? It would be the ultimate bracket busting upset!!!!