Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lost "Greatest Hits"

Still thinking this one through so my thoughts will be brief... for now

I think we all knew this would be a "set-up" episode to get us to the season finale and it worked nicely in that regard. Still, I really liked the emotional resonance of Charlie on what he thought was his last day on Earth (and I think it still will be). I know a lot of Lost fans are not fans of his character -- they have really put Charlie through the ringer over the years including the nearly disasterous turn to the "dark side" when he was flirting with heroin addiction again and helped kidnap Sun. Still, I found myself tearing up toward the end when he was on the boat with Desmond. I loved the way the flashback worked, showing us the 5 best moments in Charlie's life. I especially enjoyed that they were not huge, Earth-shattering moments, but were sometimes small things like learning to swim or a moment of bravery to help out a stranger. To me, that rang true. It was so honest. I'm gonna miss Charlie a little bit when he is gone (if he is gone).

"Kick-!#%^!" Jack is back and I like it. I am also really enjoying the tension between him and Sayid. The "blow up the camp" idea is pretty good but I am somewhat confused by where the war with the Others goes after this. Does Jack think that blowing up about a dozen of the Others will make the attacks stop or mean that the Others will be even more ruthless? I am not sure this think has been fully thought through. And is Danille going to start living with the Lostaways now? She is certainly taking a side in a fight she has not bothered with until now.

Well, more later... gotta run now.

-Jason "not as action packed as recent episodes, but still quality writing and certainly great acting" Evans

I'm not the world's biggest Charlie fan and have in the past wanted Desmond to just let fate have its way with him, but last night's episode made me sad to see Charlie go (if he does). I guess the writing, storytelling, and acting is really just that good that they could redeem him in 1 our (or I'm just a pushover).

Not sure what to make of the Looking Glass having people in it. I assume that Desmond didn't tell Charlie the whole truth about his vision, so not sure what he's really up to. Also, when Juliet said it was flooded, not sure if she is lying, or Ben lied to her, either are possible. I still don't trust her, she seems to be using Ben's tactic of "when they catch you in a lie fess up, but not to the whole truth."

Also, question for next week, but since it is based on "scenes from the next" I'll attept to white it out: Looks like Jack leads the group right to Ben - is Jack selling out his whole group as part of a deal with Ben to get off the island, or is there another spy (Juliet, Carl, other?) that Ben has who tells him in advance where they are going? Going to be very interesting, but my bet is Jack sells them out, and the cliffhanger is whether Jack is a good guy or not.