Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Nah, he just fouled out.
    I thought he looked kinda bummed, but it was hardly tragic. Kyle getting injured would be tragic! ::knocking wood:::

K did look like he was giving him a little pep talk about it or something, after he left the court.

Nah, he just fouled out.
    OK, thanks. I didn't think Dawkins had a tragic night. He's clearly been told take the ball to the basket more and is doing so. It's a change for him and he's working at it. First round against an overmatched opponent is a good time to be able to do so. As long as Dawkins plays and doesn't get hurt, and we win, I'm happy.

Nah, he just fouled out.
    Loved seeing K speaking to Dre after he fouled out, you could see that he was imparting some of his wisdom, and even managed a slight smile. I am sure he was telling Dre that his performance was not what he is capable of, but that it was OK and for him to hold his head up. Nice to see. All Dre needs is some confidence.

Size vs speed

Duke's size advantage coupled with the usually good defense, resulted in a big rebounding advantage and clearly bothered APB. I thought APB's quickness gave our guys some difficulty. We had 13 TO's and may have picked up another one or two at the end of the game.

Good tournamenet win for Duke while being able to play a lot of guys tonight. They should stay rested and ready for either Cal or Louisville. On to Sunday. When will we play?

Solid win. Smith struggled as a shooter but distributed well. Scheyer struggled as a distributor but shot really well. Singler was again big on the boards and with the scoring.

Also, it was a solid effort from the frontcourt guys. Combined for 27 points and 24 rebounds. Granted, this wasn't unexpected given our size edge. But it was nice to see.

Now, let's hope everyone rests up and is ready to put on a great show Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by devildownunder View Post
    Tragic? I turned away in the last few minutes, did something happen to him?
    Probably a poor choice of words there, all things considered...

Andre did have a very bad game though. The only statistics he racked up aside from one FT were 3 TOs and 5 fouls. Hopefully we get something from him at some point in the tournament.

Same goes for Jon...

I'd like to thank the NCAA.com for having this game available on the puter since C B S (grrr) blacked us out here and switched to other games. So at least I got to see a quality win by high quality guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post
    Probably a poor choice of words there, all things considered...

Andre did have a very bad game though. The only statistics he racked up aside from one FT were 3 TOs and 5 fouls. Hopefully we get something from him at some point in the tournament.

Same goes for Jon...
    Scheyer went 4-7 from the field, 3-5 from 3. That's something. He averaged 1.86 pps. Granted, he wasn't the efficient playmaker that he was earlier in the season. But he was hardly MIA.

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    A game where it goes down to the wire to the scores of 101 vs 100, and we winning the game with a buzzer shot would have made for a rather entertaining game.
    who wants that - you show me a team that gives APB 100 and I'll show you a team that loses soon themselves

What time is the game on Sunday?

we are only seeing glimpses, but i'm putting it out there right now...when MPII starts letting the game come to him, he is going to be scary good..

he was looking for that slam all night...

This is the deal, I want Louisville and I want the MPs to know, I mean KNOW, that we all know that they are every bit as talented as that power forward playing for the Dandy and that their job is to make life miserable for him. How, making him follow them around til his tounge drops setting picks and screens and then going to the offensive glass and then beating everyone back down the court. A thankless task. Heck no! We here at DBR will know and spread the word.

And, oh, when they are low and looking to receive, look for a pass that requires an athletic catch that leads to something and take it. A pass high to the baseline and Go get it, and keep going and score the thing, dunk it, come under the rim and up, Finish it!

I want the MPs to rock the world this next game, quietly though. So the talking heads I hear in DC will keep saying that this year's Duke team ain't going anywhere. I'm psyched.

Hey, my boyz won I think what was Cornell's first NCAA game in the history. Ain't that something.

Nope, missed it. Had my first trial practicum in my training. Nailed it. Trainer said so "for where I am in my training," which is almost done, but then the training goes on after certification. So if I wasn't a fat old bald guy, in about 20 years, I'd really be able to help people. For now, it was a nice beginning and I could help you guys improve if I could figure what your patterns are and proceed accordingly, the former being harder than the latter, but that's for another time. Just couldn't help sharing that it was a great day for me.

Same for Duke. A nice beginning. Unlike me, these guys are reaching their peaks. Should be great; I'm looking for these guys, lead by the starters, but all of them, to really represent. If they do, I think that they're gonna surprise some folks. Hey, did I tell you guys Cornell Won! Later.
    Last edited by greybeard; 03-19-2010 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ReformedAggie View Post
    I'd like to thank the NCAA.com for having this game available on the puter since C B S (grrr) blacked us out here and switched to other games. So at least I got to see a quality win by high quality guys.
    Ditto, we had the GT game here so I streamed the whole thing through my TV. I love 2010.

Any good link to the entire post-game conferences? I can't get the NCAA site to work.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    we are only seeing glimpses, but i'm putting it out there right now...when MPII starts letting the game come to him, he is going to be scary good..

he was looking for that slam all night...
    I was thinking the same thing during the game. Late in the 2nd half he made some amazing recovery plays in a little sequence there, when he knocked it away, recovered back to his man, blocked the shot attempt and ended up getting the rebound off the 2nd shot attempt. He just has a lot of ability.

I am also still expecting bigger and better things out of Miles as well. He also has good offensive skills and we are seeing a glimpse here and there. I am waiting for the pump fake from about 12 feet out and then drive for the monster dunk. It is coming soon to a court near you...

Duke relies on the perimeter shot

How many times have you heard this?

Well, you know Mike Krzyzewski's style, his teams are so hard to predict because they rely on the 3 so much. If they're on, they can beat anybody, but if they're cold, it could be an early exit. They really miss the inside presence of a Carlos Boozer, a Brand, a Deng or Shelden Williams.

MEMO TO EVERY SINGLE CBS/ESPN ANALYST: PLEASE DO YOUR M-F-ING RESEARCH! THIS TEAM IS 113TH IN THE COUNTRY IN TERMS OF % OF OFFENSE FROM THE THREE. YES THAT WAS TRUE BEFORE BUT THIS TEAM IS DIFFERENT. WE HAVE A BEVY OF INTERIOR DEFENDERS, AND OUR REBOUNDING MARGIN THIS YEAR IS BETTER THAN ITS EVER BEEN IN THE LAST 6 YEARS.

STOP RELYING ON THE STANDARD, ROTE ANSWER AND DO YOUR JOB. YOU ARE SPREADING MISINFORMATION AND I HATE IT.

pant...pant... deep breaths...

ok im ok.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Ditto, we had the GT game here so I streamed the whole thing through my TV. I love 2010.

Any good link to the entire post-game conferences? I can't get the NCAA site to work.
    I love 2010 too. http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...APB-Quotes.pdf has the interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazieDUMB View Post

Well, you know Mike Krzyzewski's style, his teams are so hard to predict because they rely on the 3 so much. If they're on, they can beat anybody, but if they're cold, it could be an early exit. They really miss the inside presence of a Carlos Boozer, a Brand, a Deng or Shelden Williams.

MEMO TO EVERY SINGLE CBS/ESPN ANALYST: PLEASE DO YOUR M-F-ING RESEARCH! THIS TEAM IS 113TH IN THE COUNTRY IN TERMS OF % OF OFFENSE FROM THE THREE. YES THAT WAS TRUE BEFORE BUT THIS TEAM IS DIFFERENT. WE HAVE A BEVY OF INTERIOR DEFENDERS, AND OUR REBOUNDING MARGIN THIS YEAR IS BETTER THAN ITS EVER BEEN IN THE LAST 6 YEARS.

STOP RELYING ON THE STANDARD, ROTE ANSWER AND DO YOUR JOB. YOU ARE SPREADING MISINFORMATION AND I HATE IT.

ok im ok.
    Are you really expecting these folks to do good, honest work?!? That's, well . . . CrazyDUMB. ;>)

(You are exactly right, but sports journalists are even lazier than normal journalists -- if that is possible).

Really pleased with tonight's performance. They came out focused and ready to play. Good contributions in some form or another from virtually everyone who played. LT's scoring was really sweet. I listened to an interview with him tonight and he sounds super focused. It would be wonderful for him to save his best for last in his final NCAA tournament. Jon also had a much better night with his scoring and not forcing things. He had 2 assists and 2 TO's, but overall...I was encouraged by his performance as well. I hope we can take this intense focus into Round 2. Now let's see who are match-up will be...

Quote Originally Posted by basket1544 View Post
    I love 2010 too. http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...APB-Quotes.pdf has the interviews.
    Thanks, Basket. I'm trying to find today's post-game press conference although I did find the material in that link very informative. What a focused team -- today's effort clearly showed that.

Oh yeah, and Lance is the man!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazieDUMB View Post

ok im ok.
    who said that?