Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

MBB: Thursday NCAA (1st Round) In-Game Thread

I figure many of us will somehow be watching today, so here's a thread for your thoughts.

Oh, I wish I were watching. Stuck with the scoreboards only. At least I will be able to see a few minutes of Duke before CBS cuts away to some other game because Duke is pounding ARPB.

Go Robert Morris!!!

Taylor King's not doing so hot so far. I'm only remotely paying attention and he's missed at least 2 shots already.

Also, it looks like the Bro-hawk is going to be a somewhat fashionable hair choice this tournament (see Loyd of BYU).

It's reassuring that each generation always has a hairstyle that it eternally regrets.

Nova vs RMorris

I am putting this game on UPSET ALERT.
    7 mins left in the first half and RMorris leading Nova by 6.
    Robert Morris - 17
    Villanova - 11

Quote Originally Posted by TNDukeFan View Post
    Also, it looks like the Bro-hawk is going to be a somewhat fashionable hair choice this tournament (see Loyd of BYU).
    is it as good as General Greivis' look?

I'm pulling for BYU over Florida, and they're playing pretty well so far. An upset on 'Nova would be awesome, but would kill my brackets...not that I have them beating Duke, or even getting to the Duke game in some cases.

I'm pulling for BYU over Florida, ODU over ND, and definitely for 'Nova to go down (even though I didn't pick that one).

BYU is looking pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    I'm pulling for BYU over Florida, and they're playing pretty well so far. An upset on 'Nova would be awesome, but would kill my brackets...not that I have them beating Duke, or even getting to the Duke game in some cases.
    Then you might as well root for it, since it would probably kill the rest of the brackets in your pool just as much (if not more).

More importantly, it would remove one of our biggest obstacles to the Final Four.

Quote Originally Posted by sivartrenrag View Post
    I'm pulling for BYU over Florida, ODU over ND, and definitely for 'Nova to go down (even though I didn't pick that one).

BYU is looking pretty good.
    BYU and ODU each did a good job at the end of the first half to comeback and not let them get away. Both games look to be close down the stretch.

It's early, but Nova down 5 at the last tv time out in first half.

Villanova is getting it handed to them right now. Robert Morris is looking like Belmont againt Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by cbnaylor View Post
    Villanova is getting it handed to them right now. Robert Morris is looking like Belmont againt Duke.
    I'm only seeing the scores on my computer at work. Is Villanova playing that poorly or is Robert Morris actually pretty good?
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

Scottie Reynolds

Scottie Reynolds has been stone cold. He is 0-4 on field goals and 0-3 on three pointers. His 4 pts came from free throws. Nova better hope he heats up in the second half.

Nova is a little tight, and Jay wanted to send a message to his starting guards by sitting them for 4 min at the start.
    Bob isn't acting scared, either.

Let's go Rob Morris! Even if they lose, great scouting video on how to beat Nova's trap...they are doing excellent at that.

Odu 33 nd 32

14:00 to go...

Go ODU!
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

BYU up 7

Wow I didn't think any of these first 3 games would be too exciting but it looks like they all could be close towards the end. Got to love March Madness!

Go Robert Morris!