Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Baracketology

Baracketology

im surprised he has us going that far. last he saw us, we were being run off the court by GTown.
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

I saw that. It seemed like the whole time he was reluctant to pick us and kept blaming it on Reggie Love. Whatever, I'll still vote for him.

Anybody want to set an over/under on number of posts before this gets locked for veering into PPB territory?
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

I have fundamental philosphical differences with the POTUS

Clearly...he's a Carolina fan (da da da daaaaaa)

Duke has a lot to prove in the NCAA tournament to make up for the last several years, well, since 2004 actually. The majority of experts are picking Duke to lose either in the Sweet 16 or Elite 8.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    Duke has a lot to prove in the NCAA tournament to make up for the last several years, well, since 2004 actually. The majority of experts are picking Duke to lose either in the Sweet 16 or Elite 8.
    How can that be? We have the easiest route to the Final Four, don't we?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    How can that be? We have the easiest route to the Final Four, don't we?
    Plus, it is well known that we get all the calls!

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    Plus, it is well known that we get all the calls!
    Villanova roughed us up last year. That's the one thing that stood out from that game to me: They pushed, shoved, fought through every single screen we set and literally bumped or pushed our offensive players out a couple of steps from where they wanted to be.

If any tries that this year, hopefully Zoubek sets a wider screen and our guy plows over the defender and hit him in the you-know-what to send a message.

We're tougher this year. But we dont have a killer instinct yet. I think that's evidenced by us not getting to the ft line enough. But Kyle seems to be getting it. Maybe Kyle will get all the calls!

Looking forward to more insightful basketball picks from our future ESPN analyst in, say 3 years

Putting politics aside, he is 0-1 so far (Winthrop, bye bye).

Obama picked Duke to beat Villanova last year, so maybe this is a good sign.

I think superdave gets the gist of last year's game exactly right. Villanova was incredibly aggressive and they knocked Duke back on their heels.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    Duke has a lot to prove in the NCAA tournament to make up for the last several years, well, since 2004 actually.
    Yet no one is picking Syracuse, with a worse tournament record than Duke in the past 5 years, to lose early. Duke is measured at a different standard than every other program, even the top ones.

Quote Originally Posted by JaMarcus Russell View Post
    Yet no one is picking Syracuse, with a worse tournament record than Duke in the past 5 years, to lose early. Duke is measured at a different standard than every other program, even the top ones.
    Part of the reason is that people see Scheyer, Singler, Zoubek, Thomas, and assume that this is just the same cast of characters from last year, and thus bound for the same result. When in fact, while there are senior (and junior) holdovers, this team plays a different style than any recent Duke team.

With Syracuse, their roster got a more obvious overhaul, with guys like Johnson, Jardine, and Triche coming in and Flynn, Harris, and Devendorf departing.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

NIT

I want to see Obama's NIT picks. tee hee

Well, I didn't vote for the guy anyways. He knows better than to mess with DUKESTHEHEAT, baby.

dth.

The Nova pick is definitely wrong, but it's not his worst. Nova is strong and they did beat us convincingly last year.

I can't excuse his Murray St upset over Vandy. What the hey, Obama! The Dores go nine deep!
    "Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR

Jeesh...
    Doesn't he have more important things to contemplate?

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    I can't excuse his Murray St upset over Vandy. What the hey, Obama! The Dores go nine deep!
    Good point. Vanderbilt is a dangerous #7 seed that could do some real damage if...

...wait, what? A #4 seed? Come on.

well, he hasn't been wrong about anything else yet, has he?

I'm crossing my fingers for the rematch. EVERYONE should be...