Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleDevil View Post
    I think cavlaw is encouraged because it appears Duke can give the starters some rest playing either team. I do not want to have a game like Duke had against Belmont. Down to the wire, last game of the night then play the early 2nd round game against WVU.
    I'm encouraged because after the ACCT I'd like to see Duke have dominant performance to boost the team's confidence going into what could be a tight second-round game.

I don't think APB can defend Duke, and despite APB's rebounding advantage over their major conference foes in the early season I don't think they will beat out our bigs on the boards. APB's offense is also anemic, which I think is important because Duke's shooting didn't look terrific in the ACCT, and if Duke starts out cold against APB our guys can shoot their way out of it without a risk of the game getting away from them. I want the team comfortable with the rims before playing Louiville or Cal.

Watched most of the game

Arkansas PB is a small quick team that applies a lot of defensive pressure and moves fresh bodies in regularly. They can press a little and switched from man to man to zone in the halfcourt and gave Winthrop a lot of looks. They also tend to crash the boards at time.

They they don't seem confident shooting the ball from outside nor are their guards great at breaking the defense down. My view is that they will have trouble scoring against us and we should also have a significant rebounding advantage. One issue for us will be the amount of defensive pressure which might be quite tiring and might also force some turnovers.

I recommend not pressing them and just play our normal half court defense.

Let's get ready for the golden lions! We once beat the golden saluki's. I wonder what our record is versus "golden" teams? Must google ...

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Let's get ready for the golden lions! We once beat the golden saluki's. I wonder what our record is versus "golden" teams? Must google ...
    Who in the world are the Golden Salukis? Not Southern Illinois (at least not anymore).

Tulsa used to be the Golden Hurricanes - is that still the case?
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by trinity92 View Post
    I always thought the #1 overall team in the tourney got to play the winner of the play-in game. Why do we get to play them?
    This rule leads to confusion every year and I wish the NCAA would just drop the pretense that the overall Number 1 Seed gets the winner of the play in game.

Surely there are hating souls out there today screaming that Duke got the overall Number 1 Seed and what a tragedy it is that the committee is conspiring to help Duke.

In reality, the overall Number 1 Seed gets the winner of the play-in game if and only if, the overall Number 1 Seed draws a Friday/Sunday region in the opening games. This is too allow the winner of the play-in game an extra day of rest and prep coming off the play-in game on Tuesday. They will not be put in a Thursday/Saturday region. Kansas is the overall Number 1 Seed but they play on Thursday so they could not get the play-in winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    This rule leads to confusion every year and I wish the NCAA would just drop the pretense that the overall Number 1 Seed gets the winner of the play in game.
    The NCAA has never advanced the pretense that the overall #1 gets the play-in winner. People simply assume it (and it's a rational assumption to make).

Bring on the #16 team, should be fun to watch, hopefully Jon breaks 2,000 points this game.

Was really rooting for Winthrop...

...just about all of my mother's siblings and my younger brother went to UAPB (my family is from 30 miles down the road). My damn phone has not stop ringing for the last few hours! And they are talking trash!!! I swear if we don't win by 40, I will be pissed! I know its cruel but I want to embarrass this team and leave no doubt. Otherwise I will be spending this years reunion alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    I don't remember losing to Marquette since they've been the Golden Eagles.

Have we ever played Minnesota under K? Can't recall a game. Of course we've played in Minnesota, with very happy results.

Kent State is the Golden Flash, but I don't remember any games against them, either.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    I don't remember losing to Marquette since they've been the Golden Eagles.

Have we ever played Minnesota under K? Can't recall a game. Of course we've played in Minnesota, with very happy results.

Kent State is the Golden Flash, but I don't remember any games against them, either.
    We played and lost to Marquette in the fall of 2006 in the CBE tournament finals. We played and beat Kent State in the fall of 2006 in Cameron.

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog5 View Post
    ...just about all of my mother's siblings and my younger brother went to UAPB (my family is from 30 miles down the road). My damn phone has not stop ringing for the last few hours! And they are talking trash!!! I swear if we don't win by 40, I will be pissed! I know its cruel but I want to embarrass this team and leave no doubt. Otherwise I will be spending this years reunion alone.
    40? Doubt that will happen- it rarely does- so may be time to join another family.